Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Will sins past ever just die?
    It won't. Marvel put a gaping wound in the character of Gwen Stacy by letting that story be published, and it'll remain there so long as Marvel wants to pretend it doesn't exist instead of dealing with it. Kind of like with One More Day. "Why can't you just get over One More Day?" Marvel asks. "Because One More Day was a fundamental betrayal of the character of Spider-Man, just as Sins Past was a fundamental betrayal of the character of Gwen Stacy," I answer. That's the problem; we have all these world-shattering comics that betray what we know and love about the characters so depicted, and it's allowed to happen because Marvel is more concerned with "making an impact" than it is with character fidelity, which makes the characters, the stories, and the fans and readers suffer for no good reason. Until that actually gets dealt with, stories like Sins Past and One More Day will never die.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/04/...ider-gwenpool/

I noticed no one else mentioned this, but they revealed the next 2 issues of Edge Of Venomverse for July.

#2 will be focused on Gwenpool, and will lead directly into the big "Venomverse" event, while #3 will be about Ghost Rider. Very interesting choices, and wondering if this will end up being the main 616 Gwenpool & Ghost Rider, or an alternate universe like the X-23 Venom.

Edge_of_Venomverse_Vol_1_2_Textless.jpg
    Edge_of_Venomverse_Vol_1_3_Textless.jpg

Fantastic Member

So it seems like this the edge of Venom verse is more like edge of spider-verse then spider Island what with very alternate universe versions of venom?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    So it seems like this the edge of Venom verse is more like edge of spider-verse then spider Island what with very alternate universe versions of venom?
    The interesting thing is, we're not really sure yet. We do know for a fact that the X-23 issue takes place in an alternate universe, similar to the Edge Of Spider-Verse, but with Gwenpool and Ghost Rider, they make no distinction if these are alternate universes or not.

If I had to guess, I think this "Venom-Verse" event will be a combination of Spider-Verse and Spider-Island. Including both the symbiotes attaching to already established characters, as well as all the alternate universe hopping. (I believe the Web-Warriors have been said to be coming back in this event as well)

Fantastic Member

I wonder if this has something to do with what Eddie Brock called the spawning back in venom vol 2.