Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Marvel Announces Edge of Venomverse Mini-Series

From the press release...

The symbiote’s tentacles ensnare the entire Marvel Universe this June! The madness begins in EDGE OF VENOMVERSE – a bombastic new 5-issue series featuring your favorite characters and creators! Spinning out of events in the hit Venom series and the blockbuster Venomized Variant Program beginning this month – Eddie Brock won’t be the only one who is back in black!

Kicking off this June, EDGE OF VENOMVERSE unleashes sinister symbiotes across the Marvel Universe, wreaking untold havoc and wanton destruction! Featuring some of the most popular characters from March’s Venomized Variant Program, this in-continuity series brings you deadly new Venom combinations, giving fans dream matchups from some of comics’ hottest creators! The Marvel Universe is about to play host to an army of Venomized heroes...but whose side will they be on?! Look for more information, including characters and creators to be revealed soon! EDGE OF VENOMVERSE #1 explodes into comic shops everywhere this June!
    So, is there going to be a Venomverse storyline as well?

One of the many concerns is that there might not be places to go with symbiote stories given we've seen so many different "types" get them (Toxin was a hero, Carnage was a maniac, The Mac Gargan Venom was an experienced bad guy, the new Venom is a savvy criminal, etc) so these one-offs may end up being kinda redundant.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Well, I can't say they're not making the most out of the Venom anniversary .

I already opened a thread about this event in the general Marvel Comics forum because I didn't know where to create it.

http://community.comicbookresources....-of-Venomverse!

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    So this is happening http://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-edg...se-miniseries/

I wonder if the focus will be on Venom and Eddie Brock and if other fan-favorite symbiote characters like Toxin, Mania, Anti-Venom, Hybrid and Carnage will also get to make appearances. Or if it will more akin Edge of Spider-verse and each of the five issues will have a different hero's story of how they have improved or become a nightmare version of themselves by bonding with a symbiote.

Also, the words "Edge of" may imply there is a larger event or spin-off series coming right after this one (ala Spider-verse).

So, three questions:

1. Which heroes (or villains) do you want to see Venom-fied?

2. Which artists and writers you think or hope will get involved?

3. Any favorite symbiote character you want to see in this event or in a spin-off series?

-----
    For me:

1. Kaine the Scarlet Spider: spider powers + poor anger management + symbiote = fun.

2. Cullen Bunn, Declan Shalvey, Kim Jacinto and Mike Henderson and Gerry Conway.

3. Anti-venom, Mania and Toxin... and Flash Thompson!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

In that case, I'll repeat my answer from MarioHerald's thread, but with some modifications.

1. All the Spider-People, plus Mary Jane Watson and Black Cat (to finally canonize all the awesome fanart), Laura Kinney/All-New Wolverine, and the glorious return of Oliver Osnick, the Steel Spider, with a new symbiotic replacement for the arm that got bitten off by Gargan-Venom back in Warren Ellis's Thunderbolts.

2. Rick Remender, Cullen Bunn, Zeb Wells, Robbie Thompson, and Gerry Conway for writers, and Clayton Crain, Declan Shalvey, Ryan Stegman, Marco Checchetto, and Gerardo Sandoval for artists.

3. Andrea "Andi" Benton/Mania, Jubulile van Scotter (in her surprisingly angelic-looking hybrid symbiote form from the final issue of Carnage), Tanis Nieves/Scorn, and Spider-Carnage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I wonder if Brock is going to be the protagonist of this, and have to wrestle with the idea of saving the world form the Symbiotes, or if it's going to come down to Spidey vs. Venom for the fate of the world?

BANNED

This looks promising but I'll wait until creators are announced before getting too excited.