Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Exclamation Bleeding Cool: JSA "already planned," coming in 2017

Let the speculation frenzy begin!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...ready-planned/

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingCool.com
    Thanks to Joseph Rojas from the DC Rebirth panel at ECCC 2017, who stayed for the Q&A session, DC Comics has confirmed, as he put it, that “a Justice Society of America comic is already planned.”

And looking like 2017…
    Who's writing it? Who's drawing it? And what's the team roster?

Bottom line--JSA is coming this year. I know it's only March, but still this is very good news to have it finally officially confirmed by DC.

BANNED

First of all...

YUS! JSA IS BACK! **** YOU NEW52! PARTY ON!!!!!!

With that out of the way, I'm not sure who I want writing and drawing it. However, I do think that since the team is being reintroduced, they should start relatively small, by the Society's standards, and regain its roster over a couple years.

If I had to pick a starting roster, I'd go with:

Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and Ted Grant (Without them, there is no JSA)
    Cyclone (Because she's my favorite and I love her)
    Jakeem Thunder (Because Jakeem is cool, diversity is always good, and the Thunderbolt legacy has already been teased)
    Hourman (Legacy character, and Rebirth is about returning Legacy)
    Jesse Quick (Because her and Rex's relationship was adorable)
    and lastly
    Stargirl (Because she's the legacy for three separate heroes, and since Geoff Johns created her, odds are she's gonna be on this roster.)

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    First of all...

YUS! JSA IS BACK! **** YOU NEW52! PARTY ON!!!!!!

With that out of the way, I'm not sure who I want writing and drawing it. However, I do think that since the team is being reintroduced, they should start relatively small, by the Society's standards, and regain its roster over a couple years.

If I had to pick a starting roster, I'd go with:

Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and Ted Grant (Without them, there is no JSA)
    Cyclone (Because she's my favorite and I love her)
    Jakeem Thunder (Because Jakeem is cool, diversity is always good, and the Thunderbolt legacy has already been teased)
    Hourman (Legacy character, and Rebirth is about returning Legacy)
    Jesse Quick (Because her and Rex's relationship was adorable)
    and lastly
    Stargirl (Because she's the legacy for three separate heroes, and since Geoff Johns created her, odds are she's gonna be on this roster.)
    Don't forget Hawkman, SPOILER.. he dies in Death of Hawkman #6.... end of Spoiler.... so he can be reincarnated in a less confusing Pre-Flashpoint kind of Hawk and the sooner we can forget the Lefield New 52 Hawkman the better.
    Last edited by upgrayedd; 03-02-2017 at 05:37 PM.
    I have no beef with Vegans

For creative team, I'd go with Geoff Johns as my first pick with Dan Abnett as a close second. For artist, either Jason Fabok or Ivan Reis. For Roster? I'd start by reintroducing the classic team with Flash, Green Lantern, Hourman, Sandman, Doctor Fate, Hawkman, Wildcat, and Doctor Mid-Nite. Then gradually reintroduce the legacy characters like Helena Wayne Huntress, Kara Zor-L Power Girl, Lyta Trevor Fury, Jade and Obsidian, Stargirl, Cyclone, Jakeem Thunder, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Don't forget Hawkman, SPOILER.. he dies in Death of Hawkman #6.... end of Spoiler.... so he can be reincarnated in a less confusing Pre-Flashpoint kind of Hawk.
    Ugh. I know he's a staple, but I've never liked Hawkman. And it's not because of his confusing history because I like Donna Troy.

Maybe it's just because his super Conservative attitude reminds me of my dad. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Don't forget Hawkman, SPOILER.. he dies in Death of Hawkman #6.... end of Spoiler.... so he can be reincarnated in a less confusing Pre-Flashpoint kind of Hawk and the sooner we can forget the Lefield New 52 Hawkman the better.
    I too suspect Hawkman will be a member of JSA Rebirth. Stargirl is also a safe bet. I'd be stunned if Doctor Fate isn't on the team, too. And of course, Jay Garrick and Alan Scott are both shoo-ins.

I'm inclined to believe that Bryan Hitch is only involved because there will likely be a Justice League/Justice Society crossover.

In terms of who's writing and drawing it? No idea. I know it's widely rumored that Paul Levitz has a clause in his contract he signed when he stepped down as publisher that he always gets at least one book to write. So, I'd be shocked if he isn't writing either JSA Rebirth or LSH Rebirth. I'm leaning toward JSA because he worked on Doctor Fate for so long.

Hoping and praying Jason Fabok is the new JSA artist. (PleaseGodPleaseGodPleaseGod!!!)

Fantastic Member

Tom King + Jason Fabok

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Tom King + Jason Fabok
    Jason Fabok? Yes

Tom King? Hell no! Keep him away from this!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasBlake View Post
    For creative team, I'd go with Geoff Johns as my first pick with Dan Abnett as a close second. For artist, either Jason Fabok or Ivan Reis. For Roster? I'd start by reintroducing the classic team with Flash, Green Lantern, Hourman, Sandman, Doctor Fate, Hawkman, Wildcat, and Doctor Mid-Nite. Then gradually reintroduce the legacy characters like Helena Wayne Huntress, Kara Zor-L Power Girl, Lyta Trevor Fury, Jade and Obsidian, Stargirl, Cyclone, Jakeem Thunder, etc.
    Johns has got his hands full managing the DCEU with WB exec Jon Berg. That's likely why he only plotted "The Button" for the Batman/Flash crossover. He won't be on a monthly title again anytime soon.

Reis is committed to JLA.

Fabok remains my frontrunner for JSA Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Jason Fabok? Yes

Tom King? Hell no! Keep him away from this!
    King is the leading rumor to write LSH Rebirth (per a Bleeding Cool report on a DC panel last year). So, I'm very skeptical that he'd be in the running for JSA.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    King is the leading rumor to write LSH Rebirth (per a Bleeding Cool report on a DC panel last year). So, I'm very skeptical that he'd be in the running for JSA.
    I wish you hadn't told me this, because now I'm very sad. Much as I love the JSA, the Legion is my favorite team of all time, and I'm really hoping for them to get someone whose writing I like.

speculation frenzy
    The term is wonderfully accurate.

I'm not sure that a JSA comic being planned is really an unexpected development. There's been a JSA comic around almost always since Infinity, Inc took off back in the day. Earth 2 and for a while Worlds' Finest filled the gap (or tried to, no judgment on this from me now) after nu52. Planned could mean issues have been completed and release date are scheduled, or it could mean DC is just pretty sure they're doing one.

But the 2017 mention is pretty cool and exciting. No LSH, No JSA, No FF. I am in serious need of my old favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Tom King + Jason Fabok
    I don't know about King. He's more of a Batman family kind of guy. Not sure he has the right qualities to do a JSA comic despite being a good writer.

Definitely yes on Fabok though.

Bottom line--JSA is coming this year.
    Not exactly . . . "And looking like 2017…" does not mean it will definitely happen in 2017, just that it's a good possibility / likelihood.
    A lot of things can happen between then and now.
    Hell, they promised us a new Batwoman series for early 2011 at one point, and even had a few preview pages teasing it in several DC books at the time saying it was coming. (I think it was promised for sometime in Spring of that year?) But that got held up until September 2011 because of the New 52. Even when they were starting the DCYou phase last year, there were a few titles that were suppose to happen that never did.
    So bottom line . . . a lot of things can delay a project until it actually gets published.