View Poll Results: Who do you think they'll make "Clark Kent" actually be?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bizarro

2 3.85%
  • New 52 Superman

6 11.54%
  • Mr. Mxyzptlk

0 0%
  • Eradicator

1 1.92%
  • Martian Manhunter

1 1.92%
  • Magog

6 11.54%
  • I think they'll pull a fast one and make it somebody else!!!

36 69.23%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    True, except for the fact that Superboy Prime has already been introduced. Granted, it was a long time ago, but still.
    Oh, yeah, story-wise he's as valid an option as any of them.

I just meant that if DC is going to take the time to make a list of possible suspects, why wouldn't they stick with that? If not, why bother at all? Maybe to be playful? I think they said "prime" suspect, which could open the door for Superman Prime.

The list is interesting, at any rate, as most of them aren't names that were getting tossed around by fans that much, and some of them seem ridiculous. (Bizarro and Martian Manhunter?)

Quote Originally Posted by powerpackers90 View Post
    This is why I think it's Superboy Prime. His reaction lines up perfectly with someone screaming "I'll kill you to death"
    Superboy Prime makes a ton of sense. So if this list is a red herring, Prime would be our guy. The same childish behaviors that apply to Magog certainly apply to Superboy Prime. Plus as pointed out "Prime" suspects. So really, either option would seem to fit. Though if they actually stay true to the list presented, then my money is on Magog. One of the preview images certainly has a Prime vibe to it too.

Fantastic Member

Oy. Seems the more I think about who fake Clark is, the more confused I get. Talk about overthinking and second-guessing myself.

What's throwing me off is his apparent familiarity with Krypto in the last issue of Superman. In that moment he acted like someone who believes he really is Clark Kent instead of someone posing as him. This is all so weird. Lol

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I doubt it's Nuperman. Clark was too ok with killing Lex. If it were Nuperman, Clark's articles would be more social justice pieces and he'd be out helping more. Plus he was romantically involved with WW, no Lois. So the Lois obsession doesn't fit. Plus it would be trolling Nuperman fans pretty hard if he turned out to be some kind of villain. Throwing away fans of Nuperman like that would be insane.
    Quoted for truth. I *really* hope he's not new52 Superman, but with these guys anything's possible, especially after the monumental disaster that was "Truth", and what followed right afterwards. I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post

I just meant that if DC is going to take the time to make a list of possible suspects, why wouldn't they stick with that? If not, why bother at all? Maybe to be playful? I think they said "prime" suspect, which could open the door for Superman Prime.

The list is interesting, at any rate, as most of them aren't names that were getting tossed around by fans that much, and some of them seem ridiculous. (Bizarro and Martian Manhunter?)
    I hear you. But either it's Magog, or this "prime suspects" list is a massive red herring and this guy indeed is Superboy Prime. Because you're absolutely right: neither Bizarro nor Martian Manhunter make any sense.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Yeah so far the pull a fast one and make it somebody else is leading at 70%, can't say I'm surprised. DC has cried wolf too many times in the past.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Absolutely right. That's why I don't trust them.

Well, that and the crap they've made Superman go through more than once.

You mean like that "Get to know the Superman Family" thing did back when Rebirth started that talked all about Lois Lane headlining the Superwoman title?

That was less than a year ago and they threw in fake covers for the solicits to boot.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

The fact that this is clearly going to involve some degree of reality warping/time-travel and will apparently cause ripples in people's memories as seen in the Superwoman preview really does cut down on the options if Clark Kent is a free agent and responsible for what happened to Jon (vs. being a minion of the guy responsible for Jon).

If fake Clark is a minion it almost doesn't matter who it is. The real villain could have altered anyone to look like Clark or just created a Clark duplicate from scratch for all the importance they have to why Superman is being attacked.

But if he's NOT a minion then its basically down to Superboy Prime, The Time Trapper, Mr. Mxyzptlk (or another 5th dimensional type) or Dr. Manhattan himself (if he's really behind the creation of the New52) as the only ones with the power to pull off the sort of temporal manipulations that will end with Superman, Lois and Jon becoming a proper part of the timeline when the villain's efforts are thwarted.

Kudos to the ones who noticed the word "prime" in that article. That's a dead give away.

It's super boy prime.

Also this explains the empty cell in mr oz's prison. It's why it looks like childish drawings of superman

Welcome back you crazy nut job.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman-Prime...

I think you nailed it..especially with that last panel '..and if I have to rip apart the entire multiverse to find my home..I will!'

Maybe, but that would be like revealing the murderer in a mystery novel was a character that had never been introduced until the revelation.

Granted, none of these characters show up in the story proper, but it still seems like there are certain rules you play by with stuff like this. If you name suspects, then the answer should ideally come from that list.

Not that it matters terribly as far my enjoyment of the story is concerned. I think it's been great so far!

Honestly the first time I heard of it, I immediately thought THIS….

So the answer of 'none of them' Could just be a tradition they’re playing with. I pick Bizarro mostly because I HOPE it is… taking on a new take of an ‘opposite’ superman would be pretty fun.

BANNED

I would also guess prime but could prime talk to krypto like that? also wouldn't he he responsible then for those lost years if he escaped from Oz's prison as it would take his reality altering punches to escape and nothing less. so maybe there are two or three Clark Kent's out there like three jokers. nuperman Clark prime Clark and superdad Clark.

I'm going with Superboy Prime.

It's obvious he's read up on how 'Clark Kent' is supposed to be--he made a point of mentioning Clark's favorite meal--and he's obviously immature and child-like, unstable. He can warp reality, do a degree, if I recall correctly.

So yeah, SBP, I think.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Newsarama is talking about this:

http://www.newsarama.com/33448-who-i...the-clues.html

N52 Superman doesn´t seem a candidate for this...

Although, DC is able to give me more bad surprises..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-04-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Superboy Prime or a construct made by Mr. Oz.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!