Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Jimenez has announced that this is last issue and that he's ending his run sooner than he planned.

'Who Killed Superwoman?' is going to go down as one of my favorite stories ever from the Super line, so I'll miss him on the book but am looking forward to Perkins taking over.

The art for issue #8 was supposed to be by Emanuela Lupacchino, but instead it's by Jack Herbert, Stephen Segovia. I'm assuming some rewrites took place.

Now, maybe Jimenez can take over Action?

Edit

Apparently he already has something in the works.

And surprisingly, Superwoman appears to be safe from cancellation for now. Jimenez has said the series is continuing with a new direction. I thought Pekins was only going to do a few issues to end the series, but it appears DC is going to try and keep the series going, which is great.
    Would you post a link to this, please? I'm quite glad to hear that the series is going to continue, despite its' low sales. Perhaps it means that DC will give Blue Beetle, New Super-Man, and Cyborg more time as well?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yep...memories and the "world" changing....Looks like the end of REBORN will definitely mean a rewriting of Superman continuity in relation to the rest of the DCU and not merely the current Superman and family realizing they were always on their Earth all along.
    Yup. I think what's going to happen is that everyone in the Superman supporting cast, and quite possibly the rest of the DCU is going to remember Superman's Pre-Flashpoint history, as opposed to Superman and Lois forgetting any of that history. It is also possible that Supes and Lois really don't forget anything, as in they will retain their memory of being "time refugees" and thinking that this world was not their own. An upcoming Trinity solicit says Superman will "tell" Bruce and Diana what happened to him. What if he's relating to them how everyone is now just remembering him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    Would you post a link to this, please? I'm quite glad to hear that the series is going to continue, despite its' low sales. Perhaps it means that DC will give Blue Beetle, New Super-Man, and Cyborg more time as well?
    It's from his twitter account.

https://twitter.com/Philjimeneznyc/s...63186233323520

It's not 100% a sure thing, but he seems optimistic about its future.

I'd like to they'd continue the other books too, but the artist on New Super-Man suggested that the book might be cancelled after the next arc if sales don't pick up.

I'd like to they'd continue the other books too, but the artist on New Super-Man suggested that the book might be cancelled after the next arc if sales don't pick up.
    Thank you.

If New Super-Man is cancelled soon, it looks like that the editors of the Superman office are already taking steps to integrate Kenan Kong into the main Superman series', so his fans can still check in on him. I wish the editors for Blue Beetle were doing the same for Ted and Jaime.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Jimenez has announced that this is last issue and that he's ending his run sooner than he planned.

'Who Killed Superwoman?' is going to go down as one of my favorite stories ever from the Super line, so I'll miss him on the book but am looking forward to Perkins taking over.

The art for issue #8 was supposed to be by Emanuela Lupacchino, but instead it's by Jack Herbert, Stephen Segovia. I'm assuming some rewrites took place.

Now, maybe Jimenez can take over Action?

Edit

Apparently he already has something in the works.

And surprisingly, Superwoman appears to be safe from cancellation for now. Jimenez has said the series is continuing with a new direction. I thought Pekins was only going to do a few issues to end the series, but it appears DC is going to try and keep the series going, which is great.
    Where is all this news coming from?

edit: I see you already answered this, nevermind. Exciting news non the less.

I'm guessing part of the "new direction" for Superwoman is going to involve Lana building her own suit like the recent cover implied, potentially because she loses her powers after Reborn.

Incredible Member

The preview looks good, and I hope the book will continue. I just hope, as a Lois fan, she will continue to be in the story, just hopefully not as a ghost!

I worry a bit that the new writer and new direction may mean the loss of the two things I like best about the series, which firstly is that Lana stays loyal to the New52 Superman and his era, and is not shy about blaming his replacement for just replacing him like he'd never existed and other heroes for just accepting it, etc., and second her struggle with depression and anxiety.

This was really the only outcove of any title where the lead character didn't like Rebirth and really remembered New52 Superman in an ongoing way. We even get halluncinations of New52 Superman in Jimenz's final issue!

I hope Jimenez's next project is a new New52 Superman monthly. I doubt such a monthly will ever be allowed to be made, but why not? It'd probably sell better than New Super-Man (The Chinese one) or Superwoman, and one or both may be cancelled soon. There are or will soon be open slots to fit it into.

Superwoman was the first Rebirth title I gave in to subscribing to, but I don't know if what I liked about it is going to continue. The idea of Lana or Lois as Superwoman by itself doesn't interest me, its what Jimenez did with it. The next writer could easily come in and cut the parts I liked.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 03-04-2017 at 01:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I worry a bit that the new writer and new direction may mean the loss of the two things I like best about the series, which firstly is that Lana stays loyal to the New52 Superman and his era, and is not shy about blaming his replacement for just replacing him like he'd never existed and other heroes for just accepting it, etc., and second her struggle with depression and anxiety.
    I can do without Lana being too loyal to N52 Superman, it just makes her unlikeable to anyone who understands what Rebirth Clark and Lois have had to deal with (and have coped with pretty well given the circumstances), she's supposed to be Clark's best friend, but by being the way she is, she remains very much a victim of the Manhattan tampering.

By all means keep her anxiety attacks, it gives the book some meat, but have Lana get over N52 Supes already so she stands a chance of fixing her relationship with the Lois and Clark that she's going to be stuck with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post

This was really the only outcove of any title where the lead character didn't like Rebirth and really remembered New52 Superman in an ongoing way. We even get halluncinations of New52 Superman in Jimenz's final issue!

I hope Jimenez's next project is a new New52 Superman monthly. I doubt such a monthly will ever be allowed to be made, but why not? It'd probably sell better than New Super-Man (The Chinese one) or Superwoman, and one or both may be cancelled soon. There are or will soon be open slots to fit it into.

Superwoman was the first Rebirth title I gave in to subscribing to, but I don't know if what I liked about it is going to continue. The idea of Lana or Lois as Superwoman by itself doesn't interest me, its what Jimenez did with it. The next writer could easily come in and cut the parts I liked.
    The most likely outcome of Rebirth is that New 52 Superman and Post-Crisis/Rebirth Superman are actually the same person, and at the very least whatever the outcome, Rebirth Superman is going to be revealed to be the Superman of the New 52 Universe, the one that grew up with Lana, formed the Justice League, etc.

So Lana taking issue with the Post-Crisis characters taking over the lives of their New 52 counterparts was always planned to be a temporary thing.

You know I'd like New 52 Superman to come back with a new status quo rather than going forward with Rebirth Superman and his banal status quo, but it isn't happening.

More than Lana staying loyal to the New 52 Superman and Lois, I'm hoping that the series continues to be socially and politically conscious. That is my only real concern with the book going forward.

BANNED

You know I'd like New 52 Superman to come back with a new status quo rather than going forward with Rebirth Superman and his banal status quo, but it isn't happening.
    Only it is'nt regarded as banal in terms of reception. People like it more than the objectively commercial failiure that was N52.

I know it's your opinion it's banal, but facts are facts, and to me and the majority it's proper Superman.

Lana needs to be through with mourning him, because her best friend does'nt deserve to be villified by her for simply trying to fit into this world and fill a void. Keeping her the way she is does nothing but keep her a victim of Manhattan's tampering, as I mentioned above. Do you want that for the character just so she can keep carrying the torch for a failed experiment?
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 03-04-2017 at 04:14 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Only it is'nt regarded as banal in terms of reception. People like it more than the objectively commercial failiure that was N52.

I know it's your opinion it's banal, but facts are facts, and to me and the majority it's proper Superman.
    Well yes, it's only my opinion that Rebirth Superman's status quo is going to be banal. I'm well aware that Rebirth Superman has been well received, and have stated as such, especially in regards to the performance of the 'Superman' book.

Eventually New 52 Superman had become a commercial failure, with its print sales slipping to the level of sales Superman's books were at just prior to Flashpoint, but comparing Rebirth Superman's sales performance in 8 months to New 52 Superman's sales performance in his entirety isn't exactly on the level.

I've posted the sales data a few times before. By the same issue number, both Rebirth Superman and New 52 Superman are around the same level when it comes to sales performance overall. New 52's numbers are a bit higher, but that's because of Morrison. Had we been getting the same stories by a writer that wasn't a big name, I'd say the sales would be much closer to Tomasi and Gleason's Superman.

We're still only nine months into Rebirth Superman, so DC can still mess things up going forward, like they did with Action following Morrison's departure.

There are already troubling signs with Jurgen's Action, with his 15th issue, #972, selling less than issue #22 of New 52 Action. Reborn should give it a sales boost, along with Superman, but DC needs to do something about Action because in 8 months, Rebirth Action has fallen to where New 52 Action was at just short of two years.

What we're seeing is reminiscent of the early days of the New 52, with one Superman performing well, and one slipping. DC needs to make sure they don't make the same mistakes they did with the New 52, with the constant crossovers.

Pre-Flashpoint, Superman sales were up with For Tomorrow, the lead up to Infinite Crisis, and then OYL, but DC managed to destroy its success eventually, with one issue of Action selling less than 20, 000 copies.

So while Rebirth Superman is doing good so far, we shouldn't get complacent, because there's no guarantee it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 03-04-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Ohhhh..... Goodbye Kenan Kong, Funny Superman...

The new Lana suit suggested that this was not over yet...

Sounds good but she didnīt need a suit previously... I suppose that Lana powers will change in some way during this chapters.
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-04-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Comics on 118 place in the sales results. Why it has not yet been canceled? Unfair to the comics that have been canceled, although sold much better than this comic. Worst comics in Rebirth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Comics on 118 place in the sales results. Why it has not yet been canceled? Unfair to the comics that have been canceled, although sold much better than this comic. Worst comics in Rebirth.
    Different standards, I suppose.

There are comics that are selling less that have been around longer.

We don't how low it has to fall in order for DC to cancel it, but for now, it appears the 23, 000 range is acceptable enough for the book to keep going.