Default Is Mr. Oz Superboy Prime?

They have an almost identical glowing red eye that gives off the same shape glow. Granted, it's one character's left eye and the other character's right eye. I just thought I'd throw this out there. Could be a clue. Could be a coincidence. Maybe they have some sort of connection to each other, if nothing else (Same opthamologist? ).

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

OR perhaps he's a third player in the "long game". Or at least a representative of that third player.

I doubt Oz isn't Ozymandias, given that the Watchmen are heavily involved. I wonder if we'll see the other Watchmen (Rorschach, Nite Owl, The Comedian and Silk Spectre).

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

I've actually thought of this as well it would definitely be interesting if he was he does have a connection to the time Trappers after all so maybe it's old Superboy Prime? I think he's probably Oz. from Watchmen, but really the longer this mystery goes on the more likely it he will be somebody else.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Incredible Member

It's really hard to make any guesses until we know what the Watchmen characters even WANT and if they're on the same side as one another.

Based on what little we have right now, it could just as easily be that Bat-Mite read a copy of Watchmen and is applying what he read to the DCU.

The red eyes is interesting. Ozymandias was nothing more then a Batman time character. Super rich, super smart, at peak human levels physically, but he was no "super".

Prime could fit, he may want Dr. Manhattan to recreate his universe. He maybe trying to beat him into submission, and then force his hand in creating his perfect world.

The last we saw Prime, he was a part of the Source Wall. If he somehow escaped it would explain why he has so much information about the history of the multiverse.

So I do think it's safe to say that Prime is a possible candidate for Oz. Although why he'd choose that name to go by, beyond the whole "Wizard of Oz/Man behind the curtain" connection, is a bit of a mystery.

I still think Prime is Mystery Clark and Oz is indeed Ozymandias, who used his genetic engineering knowledge to create New 52 Superman and Lois.

We'll know for sure in a few days!