Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Would be better if they just kept the current numbers, without more relaunches.
    I agree the messing around with numbering just gets confusing. Fantastic Four grew to have some of the worst numbering. Launched in 1961 & running to #416. Before being relaunched in 1996 with #1 & again in 1998 with another #1 continuing to #70 until returning to legacy numbering with #500. After #588 the series was relaunched as FF in 2011, before returning to legacy numbering again with #600. After #611 it was relaunched again in 2013 with #1 & again the following year with another #1, before returning to legacy numbering a final time with #642-645 before being cancelled. Just one reason readers probably dropped off.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    I agree the messing around with numbering just gets confusing. Fantastic Four grew to have some of the worst numbering. Launched in 1961 & running to #416. Before being relaunched in 1996 with #1 & again in 1998 with another #1 continuing to #70 until returning to legacy numbering with #500. After #588 the series was relaunched as FF in 2011, before returning to legacy numbering again with #600. After #611 it was relaunched again in 2013 with #1 & again the following year with another #1, before returning to legacy numbering a final time with #642-645 before being cancelled. Just one reason readers probably dropped off.
    Pretty sure the numbering wasn't to blame. I would imagine reading the last arc would be enough to put people off.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-05-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    It is just that every time we hear the beginning rumblings of a campaign everyone overreacts as if we are about to get a momentous shift.

Back when Now was being suggested for the second time everyone was posting how every book on the shelf was going to get a new number one. Of course they didn't. And now the whole line will get legacy numbers, which won't happen either. And then people are projecting their ideal and or worst possible scenario onto the flimsiest of news items as if this will revolutionise the whole of Marvel's output. It won't.
    People overreacting to stuff tends to be par the course for any form of entertainment it seems LOL.

Once we will see the sells of the second month of Make Mine Marvel it will be pretty clear that people do not actually care that much about big numbering.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Once we will see the sells of the second month of Make Mine Marvel it will be pretty clear that people do not actually care that much about big numbering.
    Well, if their only gimmick with "Make Mine Marvel" is to go back to the original numbering, no I don't think it will make a difference in sales.

If Make Mine Marvel is as much about bringing back legacy characters that they have killed off, then I expect an increase in sales.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

But there's something that really complicates something for example all new wolverine has been selling in the 3,000k range or above since it debuted and it's been for the most part a very well received title still going strong and with the new direction they'll be taking her character and the series going into resurrexion with no signs of her reverting back to X-23 it just doesn't seem like every character is going to back to the position they were before even if the originals do return I don't see certain characters going back to where they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    But there's something that really complicates something for example all new wolverine has been selling in the 3,000k range or above since it debuted and it's been for the most part a very well received title still going strong and with the new direction they'll be taking her character and the series going into resurrexion with no signs of her reverting back to X-23 it just doesn't seem like every character is going to back to the position they were before even if the originals do return I don't see certain characters going back to where they were before.
    Again I wouldn't expect this to be line wide, and the X-Men books are relaunching with new #1s. Plus Old Man Logan is still running for the forseeable future and has been popular with Wolverine fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Pretty sure the numbering wasn't to blame. I would imagine reading the last arc would be enough to put people off.
    I agree, I was just pointing out that the numbering was just ONE of the problems the book had.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Laura has grown so much in the new series, I don't ever want to see her go back to the X-23 moniker. However, if classic Logan returns he should be the only one called Wolverine. I have discovered that a female wolverine is called an Angeline, but I don't think that fits her either.

Quote Originally Posted by parker stark View Post
    Laura has grown so much in the new series, I don't ever want to see her go back to the X-23 moniker. However, if classic Logan returns he should be the only one called Wolverine. I have discovered that a female wolverine is called an Angeline, but I don't think that fits her either.
    Well, it could do...Angel of Death or Angel of Justice and all that... in all seriousness though I agree that, that moniker wouldn't suit her. They could always just have her call herself Wolverine if classic Wolverine comes back, after all they've got two Spider-Men so why not?

Extraordinary Member

I hope Marvel fix themselves!

We'll soon find out what happens DebkoX.

marvel comics with triple digit issue numbers... what sorcery is this??

What's the point of going back to old number scheme now?

The unbroken, pristine numbering was broken, and there's no undoing that. No collector will ever get the "correct" sequence, there will always be the holes caused by the multiple restarts from #1.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    marvel comics with triple digit issue numbers... what sorcery is this??