Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Bleeding Cool says "Make Mine Marvel" will restore legacy numbering

If this is true, I'm kind of happy. I liked the bigger numbers, being an older fan. I understand the fear of going after a series with 500 issues to chase after, but really, does anyone really think Spider Man #1 is his first issue?

I do hope Marvel will put a list in each new legacy number stating what was added to get to that point. I'm looking at you, Doctor Strange.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...egacy-numbers/

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    If this is true, I'm kind of happy. I liked the bigger numbers, being an older fan. I understand the fear of going after a series with 500 issues to chase after, but really, does anyone really think Spider Man #1 is his first issue?

I do hope Marvel will put a list in each new legacy number stating what was added to get to that point. I'm looking at you, Doctor Strange.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...egacy-numbers/
    Even if it's true or not that make marvel mine line is cringeworthy like badly cringeworthy this makes yass queen catchphrase less so by comparison.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

If it's true that they're going back to the bigger numbers than I can see some fans being happy with the news. I'll wait and see if it actually happens though LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    Even if it's true or not that make marvel mine line is cringeworthy like badly cringeworthy this makes yass queen catchphrase less so by comparison.
    Eh? But they've been using Make Mine Marvel as a marketing slogan for decades! Often shows up on letters pages.

Are we nearing issue 1000 of the Avengers soon? We will go back to issue 1 after that.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eh? But they've been using Make Mine Marvel as a marketing slogan for decades! Often shows up on letters pages.
    True but I don't know like in my opinion at least if they called their own rebirth make marvel mine it implies that everything marvel did that led up to their rebirth of sorts was a mistake and that nothing they did with all new all different marvel or marvel now (2016/2017 version) worked.

Would be better if they just kept the current numbers, without more relaunches.

I dunno, when I started reading comics it was a bit daunting seeing comics with larger issue numbers and knowing if I was going to understand anything. If they do go back to larger numbers the I just hope they keep putting a #1 in the corner of a new arc, just to show it is a jumping-on point for newbies.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    True but I don't know like in my opinion at least if they called their own rebirth make marvel mine it implies that everything marvel did that led up to their rebirth of sorts was a mistake and that nothing they did with all new all different marvel or marvel now (2016/2017 version) worked.
    Well, to be fair while I do think they've made mistakes (every company does afterall) I think the ''Make Marvel Mine'' is their way, if this article is completely accurate that is, of acknowledging their history. And, personally speaking, I don't see anything wrong with the ''Make Marvel Mine'' branding. Doesn't even necessarily mean that they think they've gone wrong somewhere either it could just be a branding issue thing LOL. Nor do I see it as ''cringeworthy'' personally.

Anyhow, that's just my two pennys worth

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Are we nearing issue 1000 of the Avengers soon? We will go back to issue 1 after that.
    Not even close. Even Detective and Action (which are 1940s books) aren't there yet, and Action was weekly for a year at one point.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I've never really understood it when people have got hung up on numbers. It's like the slightest thing and doesn't affect the context. Do people get more enjoyment out of a comic knowing it's #126 as opposed to #9?

What's more, the renumberings made sense when paired with Marvels seasonal approach and I don't think they'll abandon that practice.

Only problem I could see with this is trying to figure out what issues and what books they count in order for it to reach whatever legacy numbering it is?

I would assume it would be just any series that bears that title, but as the list of all the 150 Venom issues shows, it's ALOT more complicated than that. Honestly I would prefer just sticking with the current numbering and not doing any one-month #1 relaunches. Or do that for one-off legacy issues, like Ultimate X-Men #600, Deadpool #250, and the most recent Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I dunno, when I started reading comics it was a bit daunting seeing comics with larger issue numbers and knowing if I was going to understand anything. If they do go back to larger numbers the I just hope they keep putting a #1 in the corner of a new arc, just to show it is a jumping-on point for newbies.
    I agree with this, if they put "Part 1" on the cover for whatever new arc is starting up, then it will be alright. They did it with all the Marvel NOW! 2.0 books, but then dropped doing it after the first arc.
    Last edited by Inversed; 03-03-2017 at 02:05 PM.

This would be dumb. #1 and relaunches is what keeps many books alive
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    With the typical five or six part arcs happening now as pretty much the standard, some sort of "new story" note would be helpful. However, it is much easier now to get back issues through digital or by other means than it was way back when i rode a dinosaur to the corner store to buy comics. There were some mail-order people, and, of course the occasional convention, but other than that, all you had was developing your own network of contacts for trading. One can get a trade edition with the first couple dozen issues of a book from Amazon or eBay.

Of course, each person's relative caution can vary, but it's easier now than it ever was to get, or at least have access to, a complete run of a Marvel series. I'm talking about stories, NOT actual collectibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not even close. Even Detective and Action (which are 1940s books) aren't there yet, and Action was weekly for a year at one point.
    Even with all the Avengers spinoff titles?