Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    If Make Mine Marvel is as much about bringing back legacy characters that they have killed off, then I expect an increase in sales.
    That's a big maybe. For all the Richard Rider fanfare, Novas has already dropped in the sales charts.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    What's the point of going back to old number scheme now?

The unbroken, pristine numbering was broken, and there's no undoing that. No collector will ever get the "correct" sequence, there will always be the holes caused by the multiple restarts from #1.
    Which is why the original numbering will always be just as much of a gimmick as starting over with a new #1. Especially at Marvel.

At least DC has a few titles like Action and Detective where the original numbering has some historical importance. But a lot of Marvel's numbering systems were misleading to begin with: Captain America started at 100 because it replaced Tales of Suspense; X-Men was all reprints from issues 67 to 93, etc. Throw in all the different titles and spinoffs and events and there's really no correct way to count some of these things.

Which is not to say they shouldn't go back to the old numbering sometimes, just that it's not intended to help us keep track. That's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    That's a big maybe. For all the Richard Rider fanfare, Novas has already dropped in the sales charts.
    well let's see if sales will really get better if all old fan boys get their characters back.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    well let's see if sales will really get better if all old fan boys get their characters back.
    Why does everyone think that fans who prefer the original characters are all "old fan boys"?

I'm a girl, and I've been reading Marvel for maybe four or five years top. And I prefer the originals

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Why does everyone think that fans who prefer the original characters are all "old fan boys"?

I'm a girl, and I've been reading Marvel for maybe four or five years top. And I prefer the originals
    I don't mar-vell can stay dead it's quite clear that's all he's remembered by since he's only of the only characters to stay dead and wolverine to be honest even if Logan does return I think Laura should be allowed to keep her all new wolverine series as well as retain her role as her own all new wolverine basically sharing a mantle always saw the all new wolverine change for her character as a way to push her and make her more popular since I can see that marvel didn't think that a X-23 series would last as long compared to say wolverine? And writer tom taylor did an interesting thing in a recent issue of the all new wolverine series with the enemy of the state ii arc where it's stated you're not X-23 you're more than a letter and a number you have a name Laura Kinney you're not a puppet you weren't built you were born you're a human you're a hero you're wolverine.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    What's the point of going back to old number scheme now?

The unbroken, pristine numbering was broken, and there's no undoing that. No collector will ever get the "correct" sequence, there will always be the holes caused by the multiple restarts from #1.
    As mentioned before, the numbering was always broken.

The point of doing this is because it ties into the message/theme of Marvel going back to their roots and fans were upset with books resetting to #1.

Numbering is broken when a title ends and than get re-started with a new #1 and than the company later tries to
    add the latest volume with the first, or worse when the company tries to put a bunch of different runs together
    and suggests they all belong on one single run and the latest issue is #938 (for example).

A book can have a string of re-prints in its run, but that does not make the numbering broken, it just informs the
    collector which issues in the run are original and which are second and third and so on prints like Classic Illustrated
    or Dell and Gold Key books like Uncle Scrooge or Donald Duck. Some may want to have the complete published run
    of Uncle Scrooge and some just a run of original stories or more affordable run later in the series.

I don't see the need for Marvel to go back to original numbering, unless they plan on some kind of special line
    that caters to people who want the original characters and numbering, and than have the other line for Marvel Now
    that pushes everything they have these past few years and wish to focus on in the future.