Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 15 New Books Announced at ECCC

...and none of them immediately excite me. I'm sure I'll try out a few of them, but overall these sound fairly underwhelming for me. Anytime Image does these big announcements there's usually at least a couple that jump out and grab my attention.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...r-Owned-Series

I did find it a bit underwhelming as well but one title that did jump out at me was Justin Jordan's The Family Trade, CBR ran an interview with a bit of a preview http://http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-...justin-jordan/.
    Monthly: Batwoman, Black Hammer, Black Magick, Detective Comics, Injection, Extremity, Heathen, Lazarus, Monstress, The Old Guard.
    Mini Series: Abbott, Return to Whisper, Songs for the Dead.
    TPB/HC: Animosity, East of West, Invincible, Seven to Eternity, Southern Cross, The Woods.

There was a time not so long ago where I'd want to read everything Image announced. Not so much anymore.

Family Tree, Generation Gone, Sacred Creatures, Redlands, and The Family Trade have caught my initial interest. When the art previews start rolling in is when I'll make my final judgement.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

I use to get really excited about these announcements, then by the time the book is released and I have an idea of the actual plot/art/etc I would end up only buying 20% of what I'd been excited for.
    That said these have my interest: Sacred Creatures (the only one I definitely think I will try), Generation Gone, The Family Trade
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Theres a few that look interesting, imo. Redlands and Family Trade in particular. And im always down for more work from Kot.

Also, Mage is back holy crap!

Not a huge Ales Kot fan but I'll read any creator owned work with Tradd Moore doing art.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

All-New Member

I'll probably check out The Family Trade, Family Tree, and Redlands. I'll read anything with assassins in it. Redlands preview looks promising as well http://ew.com/books/2017/03/02/redla...l-rey-preview/

I'll check out Family Tree, Redlands and Generation Gone. Although you do have to take Image announcements with a grain of salt. I guarantee that at least three of these titles will not see the light of day.

^ Yeah, whatever became of that Ellis/Lotay project? (For that matter, what's become of Ellis' long neglected Trees? I'd like to know how that story ends damnit!)

I'll check out Sacred Creatures and Redlands.

And if anything gets real high marks upon release I'll take a peak at those as well.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

+1 on Family Trade.

I'll figure out which ones are worth trying after I read the previews on Image Plus.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 03-06-2017 at 05:58 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by Doughy Man! View Post
    ^ Yeah, whatever became of that Ellis/Lotay project? (For that matter, what's become of Ellis' long neglected Trees? I'd like to know how that story ends damnit!)

I'll check out Sacred Creatures and Redlands.

And if anything gets real high marks upon release I'll take a peak at those as well.
    Tula Lotay recently confirmed she's still working on the art for Heartless.

Hmmm, nothing jumping out at me. A couple that I'm interested in, but not like 'I must buy this book instead of food'.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeah, not a single one jumps out at me. However, that doesn't mean that a bunch of these won't be any good - I'm sure I'll land up picking up at least the first trade on a few of them. That's pretty much how I work now anyway. Unless it's a new series by someone like Greg Rucka, I'd rather just check out the reviews and then pick up the first trade if I hear good things. Especially as most series are now $4 and most first trades are still $10.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

They didn't give much information, is part of the problem. I've seen a little more from a couple of these books, and there's a lot more to them than it seems.

A lot to be excited for, trust me.