Default ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: "DC Rebirth: How Wonder Woman Went Back to Her Roots"

http://ew.com/books/2017/03/03/dc-re...alflow_twitter

EXCERPT:

There are few writers as capable of balancing Diana’s past, present, and future as Rucka, whose run on Wonder Woman in the early 2000s remains one of the most acclaimed takes on the character in her entire 75-year history. So even though Rucka has mostly left corporate-owned superhero comics behind in favor of more creator-owned work in recent years, he couldn’t resist returning to his favorite DC character.

“It’s Diana, you know? There’s no character in the DC pantheon that I hold in higher regard,” Rucka tells EW. “She is absolutely unique in the canon of all superhero stories in any company. There’s never been a character like her. She’s just spectacular. I have spent so much time frustrated with people who don’t get it, and trying to find how to illustrate it and explain it and show it. Superman and Batman are characters, but Diana is, ‘here’s an idea in a form.’ And the idea is, roughly: Love, respect, and equality. That’s what she manifests.”
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Great article. Always nice to hear the creative teams enjoyment of the character

I am just so glad to have someone on the title who genuinely enjoys the character itself and is not afraid of or antagonistic to it.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I am just so glad to have someone on the title who genuinely enjoys the character itself and is not afraid of or antagonistic to it.

Right? I fear that if Rucka wouldn't have taken on this book, the Wonder Woman that many of us have come to love over the decades would have been lost.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.