Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    [*]HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS - I know GLs has its fans and they are a passionate bunch. But for my money, Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps is definitely the better book. You have all the classic GLs fans know and love--Hal, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Guy Gardner, Kilowog, Salaak--and more. Classic Geoff Johns creations like the Sinestro Corps, Saint Walker and Larfleeze have all had significant roles to play. The art by Rafa Sandoval and Ethan Van Sciver is fantastic! The stories are cosmic. The characterization of each character is classic and rewarding. The plots are fun. I love this book!!
    I will second this opinion! If you like any of the characters mentioned above, this run has so far been a love letter to them and what makes each one of them cool. Green Lantern had been going through a bit of "let's throw these characters in new and uncomfortable situations and see them struggle" storylines for awhile, but "HJ&GLC" has been more back to basics. And the art has been pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I will second this opinion! If you like any of the characters mentioned above, this run has so far been a love letter to them and what makes each one of them cool. Green Lantern had been going through a bit of "let's throw these characters in new and uncomfortable situations and see them struggle" storylines for awhile, but "HJ&GLC" has been more back to basics. And the art has been pretty amazing.
    Agreed. Venditti's Hal Jordan has exceeded all my expectations. And the art has been excellent.

It's like how they're putting Kyle back in his original costume. There's a real love and appreciation for every major character in the GL mythos. It's chock full of GL goodness!

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Pretty much anything from DC is worth a read these days, they are really killing it with Rebirth & Young Animal! The Green Lantern & Superman Family books have been constantly great, and the current runs of Aquaman & Titans are pretty darn enjoyable as well!

Other then that I find Doom Patrol & Shade: The Changing Girl to be the best of the Young Animal books so far.

The HB book are more hit & miss, but Future Quest & Flintstones have been spot on through their run! The upcoming Snagglepuss series also shows promise.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Well

The Question: 52 was pretty awesome, but it involves a lot of characters besides the Question
    Animal Man: I completely fell in love with Lemire's run. Absolutely recommended.
    Wild Dog: No idea.
    Swamp Thing: I liked Scott Snyder's run and Charles Soule's run is very popular among fans.
    Green Arrow: Totally loved Lemire's run, but for a more classic run of the character check Volume 3 (Smith, Meltzer, Winnick) right until he proposes to Black Canany. It just loved that entire run.
    Hitman: Garth Ennis' work.

About the rebirth Titles.
    Cyborg: I'm not crazy about the character. I think is very closed to being cancelled for low sales.
    Suicide Squad: Terrible, boring, uninspired. Dropped it.
    Flash: I don't like it one bit. Too generic.
    Green Arrow: It's fun, but hasn't been able to capture Ollie's personalty very well. A little cliché and lame sometimes.
    Deathstroke: People say it's amazing.
    Hal Jordan & the Green Lanterns: I completely love it, but i do recommend to read Geoff Johns' run first.
    Aquaman: I'm not crazy about it, but the New 52 series was awesome.

However, my best recommendations are from the early Geoff Johns days. His JSA, Flash and Green Lantern are a MUST READ for sure.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post

However, my best recommendations are from the early Geoff Johns days. His JSA, Flash and Green Lantern are a MUST READ for sure.
    JSA: Hell yes. His work on that book was fantastic.

Green Lantern: Much as I hate Hal Jordan, I will concede that his work expanding the mythos was done very well. If you're at all interested in the 7 lantern corps, this is where you start.

Flash: His Wally stuff, while still good, wasn't as good as Mark Waid's, and his Barry stories were complete and utter garbage.