Astonishing Member

Default The Clone Conspiracy's list (Checking the clones)

Well, reached this point, I think we should make a list about who has survived the Clone Conspiracy, who didn't and who can surprise us when we less expect. OK, let's see:

1º) SURVIVORS:
    + Ben Reilly: Alive, but in a unstable body. I feel very sorry for him, because the Jackal turned him crazy after killing him and resurrecting him so many times.
    + Jerry Salteres: Alive in his original body, but only temporally. His clone body was destroyed. It was really mean for her wife to blame Peter for this. I understand his pain, but Peter was as tricked as everybody else in this story.
    * J Jonah Jameson: Not cloned, but he survived to being infected by the Carrion Virus. Quite ironic he blamed Peter for his father's death, and then he discovered that Peter was right.
    + Prowler (Hobie Brown): Alive in his original self, although the clone's body was dissolved. I don't think we can blame him for the mistakes of his clone after all.
    + Spectro (Hector Cervantez): Well, he survived, although I don't know if the word "alive" is correct here. I mean, his cloned body dissolved, but he remained with us in his ghost form.

* Rhino (Aleksei Sytsevich): Not cloned, but alive. I truly feel very sorry for him. Maybe this will become a way to turn him into one of Spidey's characters in the frontier of ally and enemy; like Sandman or Black Cat.
    * Lizard (Dr Curtis Connors): Not cloned, but alive. I'm really scared for what happened at the end. Something tells me bad things with scales are coming, REALLY bad things.
    - Martha Connors: Alive, but maybe it would have been better if she died. I mean, live as a creepy mix between lizard and zombie? No, thanks.
    - Billy Connors: The same as Martha, better death than this.
    - Electro (Francine Frye): Alive. Well, clearly it had to survive because it's a very interesting change for one of Spidey's greatest foes.
    - Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius): Alive. All seems to aim that Octavius survived; and while his original body was dissolved, it seems he transfered his mind into the Proto-Clone. I guess this could bring us the "Superior Spider-Man" once more, but this time, in an acceptable way.

- Spider-Slayer (Alistair Smythe): Alive. Honestly, I expected this. I mean, didn't his cyber-armor had life support's systems? We could have interesting stories from him in the future, in his vendetta against Jameson and Octavius.
    - Spencer Smythe: Apparently alive. He was still active in "Clone Conspiracy #5" with his original Spider-Slayer Mark I. It would be very interesting if both Smythes join forces against Jameson or something.
    - Montana (Jackson Brice): Alive, as he was arrested by SHIELD.
    - Massacre (Marcus Lyman): Alive, as he was arrested by SHIELD. I wonder what kind of troubles this guy could bring, because he no longer seems uncapable of feeling.
    - Stilt-Man (Wilbur Day): Alive. But wait a minute, wasn't Stilt-Man a Daredevil's villain actually? Then why is he alongside Spider-Man's foes?

2º) DEATHS:
    + Marla Madison-Jameson: Dead, body dissolved. I feel really sorry for her. I wish she would have survived.
    + Spider-Woman (Mattie Franklin): Dead, body dissolved. I feel even more sorry for this one. I wanted her to survive this nightmare too.
    + Captain George Stacy: Dead, body dissolved. This one was really sad. I mean, he died as a hero originally and this time, at least he could say goodbye to his daugther this time.
    + Madame Web (Cassandra Webb): Dead, body dissolved. This one should have survived too. I mean, there's another Madame Web currently, but I still don't get why Cassandra died originally when that old Ceremony of the Five was supposed to have given her immortality. Anyway, at least she could have shared with Cassandra what kind of things were coming in that future she said that she didn't want to live. I have a really bad feeling about this.
    + Miles Warren (Clones): Dead, all bodies dissolved. Not that they were important actually, but I had to mention them.

- Oksana Sytsevich: Dead, body dissolved. I feel really sorry for Rhino. They should have let her survive this, so Rhino won't be consumed by the anger.
    * Electro (Maxwell Dillon): Dead, although he wasn't cloned. His girlfriend Francine killed him after absorbing his powers, but we know how villains like the original Electro don't play dead. Since Francine is like the original Electro, maybe Maxwell will return like a being of pure energy in the future, like his counterpart from the Ultimate Universe.
    - Vanessa Fisk: Dead, killed by Kingpin. It was really creepy from Kingpin to do such thing to his wife; but then again, knowing the Jackal's modus operanti, I guess anyone could have reacted in a similar way.

3º) UNKNOWN (These are basically the characters that we don't have clear proofs of their demises or survivals, which means they could always be still alive even when we think otherwise):
    + Gwen Stacy: Yeah, many of you might think she had an honorable death this time, fighting against the Goblin trio instead that as a damsel in distress. But this was a chance too valuable to lose it. Bringing Gwen Stacy could give us years of stories related to previous Stacy's matters (like the disgusting "Sins of the Past"). Besides, when Spidey returned to the place, there was only Stacy's jacket, but not the rest of her clothes. That leaves the possibility that she's still alive, but hidden. Also, since she met her Spider-Counterpart, this would be even more interesting.
    + Nick Katzenberg: Not an interesting character, except for the fact that he blackmailed Peter once because he discovered he was Spider-Man. Something useful could come from this one.
    + Bluebird (Sally Avril): I think this character could be useful in the future, in case she survived.
    + Ned Leeds: It would be interesting to bring this guy back, especially if we consider Betty Brant's story with Flash Thompson while he was Agent Venom.
    + Jean DeWolff: According to Kaine, she died because he saw them. However, he lied about Prowler. So, maybe he lied about DeWolff too. Maybe she survived and decided to work "undercover" or something. Anyway, it would be interesting if she survived.
    + Dr Ashley Kafka: Not sure about her.
    + Nathan Lubensky: Not sure about him. Anyway, it would be meaningless to bring him back, considering he was already a sick old man with not much time left.

- The Jackal (Miles Warren): The original one. Well, we could say he's dead, but we experts on Spider-Man's world know better than that. No body, no evidence. So, he can perfectly have survived to torment Ben Reilly in the future.
    - Peter Parker's duplicate: The copy of Peter Parker's personality that was left inside Octopus' body before dying. Well, it was apparently erased from Doc Ock's body when he returned to his original body, but I'm not convinced.
    - Ox (Raymond Bloch): Montana survived, so Ox should have survived too. And with Fancy Dan, the original Enforcers could be back in action after all.
    - Jack O'Lantern (Steven Levins): He could have dissolved, but I believe he must have survived too, just like Gwen Stacy. There were no remains of their gliders and costumes when Spidey went to check, only Gwen's jacket. So, there's a chance he might me alive. Beside, Spidey's next arc is about Norman Osborn, and this Goblin trio together would be perfect for this arc.
    - Green Goblin (Dr Bart Hamilton): Like Jack O'Lantern.
    - Hobgoblin (Arnold Donovan): Like Jack O'Lantern and Green Goblin. I'm not sure about which Hobgoblin was this one actually, but Arnold Donovan seems the most appropiate option.

- Tarantula (Anton Miguel Rodriguez): Not sure about this one. He could actually survive after all. In the next arc (Osborn's Identity), it seems Spidey has recruited "sidekicks" or something to battle Osborn's army, and they wear copies of Tarantula's uniform. Coincidence?, I'm not sure.
    - Big Man (Frederick Foswell): In one issue, he seems to have survived for very short. In another one, we saw his mask and hat between ashes, but not the rest of his clothes. He could actually have escaped. This could bring troubles to Jameson again in the future.
    - Hit-Man (Burt Kenyon): Not sure about this one, but it could have survived somehow. After all, he was trained alongside Punisher, so he could have resisted to escape into the world.
    - Mirage (Desmond Charne): He could have survived too. I mean, he was affected like the rest, but if he managed to resist, he could have used his powers to fake his death dissolving into ashes and escape. He could have done the same for other villains.
    - Kangaroo (Frank Oliver): Not sure about this one, but it could have survived somehow.
    - Eduardo Lobo: Not sure about this one, but it could have survived somehow.
    - Mysterio (Francis Klum): Not sure about this one, but it could have survived somehow. He could have tricked everyone to simulate his death in a similar way to Mirage.
    - Rose: Not sure about this one, it could have survived, but I believe I saw him dacying in one issue. I'm not sure if this Rose was actually Richard Fisk or Blume.

Well, what do you think of this?

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

How about Kaine? Alive but still dying...

It sure looked like Otto kicked it in the Amazing issue about Ben, but who knows? Slott loves the character. Gwen? People who know me from the old forums could correctly guess I hope she's alive. We never saw her fully decompose. Ned and Sally being alive would be very cool. Also, wasn't there a Hobgoblin there? Had to be Macendale right? And I believe Rose was Kulm, not Fisk.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Do we really know that Max Dillon is dead for sure? I mean we thought Hobbie was dead, having been fried by Electro but he turned out to have been saved. Seems like there's wiggle room there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Do we really know that Max Dillon is dead for sure? I mean we thought Hobbie was dead, having been fried by Electro but he turned out to have been saved. Seems like there's wiggle room there.
    I really hope not. I don't think anybody cares about Francine whatsherface.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I doubt it, as far as Slott is concerned, if only so he can push Francine (his creation) as the new Electro.

I'm sure the moment someone wants to bring Dillon back they'll probably use that as an out.

True about Gwen. Could've escaped the same way Ben did.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    True about Gwen. Could've escaped the same way Ben did.
    To be fair it's doubtful that Gwen would have access to that many pills to slow down the degeneration. In other words I don't believe Gwen survived, most any other person who's death wasn't shown on screen are probably alive.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

She took a pill after she was recovered by New U from Horizon Labs so it's possible her body while in massive decay could of still held out plus she is young vs older bodies that has less natural healing, plus it's possible when looking for a cure she was experimented on in Horizon Labs and that can allow a possibility of survival.

If her body held out till Peter activated his plan then she could possibly survive (and I hope so if anything just for the sake of something different for her as I figured she would die as the writers always did that for the different 616 Gwen versions annoying so vs able to use and develop her beyond one storyline). Unless we see the death there is always hope.

Spectacular Member

- Stilt-Man (Wilbur Day): Alive. But wait a minute, wasn't Stilt-Man a Daredevil's villain actually? Then why is he alongside Spider-Man's foes?
    Actually, the Stilt-Man faced off against Spider-Man a couple of times, even though he's mainly a Daredevil villain.

Rather amusingly, every time he's faced off against Daredevil, he was defeated. Every time he fought Spider-Man, he won.

It was pretty funny to read.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    She took a pill after she was recovered by New U from Horizon Labs so it's possible her body while in massive decay could of still held out plus she is young vs older bodies that has less natural healing, plus it's possible when looking for a cure she was experimented on in Horizon Labs and that can allow a possibility of survival.

If her body held out till Peter activated his plan then she could possibly survive (and I hope so if anything just for the sake of something different for her as I figured she would die as the writers always did that for the different 616 Gwen versions annoying so vs able to use and develop her beyond one storyline). Unless we see the death there is always hope.
    Yeah, it's a common trope: Never Found The Body.

Slott hinted at a panel at Emerald City Comic-Con that the Ned Leeds clone might have survived.