Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default SO Superman fans...Anyone seen the Deadpool 2 Teaser trailer yet ? Spoilers...

Makes me wonder how they pulled it off without any complaints from Warner Bros. and DC ?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Oh no. Something like that, the John Williams score. They had to pay WB for permission and royalties. Very expensive I imagine, unless TPTB at WB were cool about it with Fox's execs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Oh no. Something like that, the John Williams score. They had to pay WB for permission and royalties. Very expensive I imagine, unless TPTB at WB were cool about it with Fox's execs.
    Yet given the studio rivalery, it makes you wonder if any TPTB will be angry by this ?

First, thanks for making this thread, so that I would know to look up the trailer on YouTube.

Now that I've seen the trailer, classy. I hope WB guys have a sense of humor. As a Superman fan, I find this in no way disrespectful, and with any luck, it might teach a young Deadpool fan a thing or two about the history of Superman.

I really hope Fox is paying the Deadpool Marketing team well, I truly do.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    They got the rights because of some backdoor deal with Richard Donner. If I remember right the producer is married to his son.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    They got the rights because of some backdoor deal with Richard Donner. If I remember right the producer is married to his son.
    And his wife, Laura Shuler-Donner, an executive producer for all these XCU films. That's a way too. I forget the Donners are at Fox now.

Loved Logan, got a kick out of the Deadpool bit, but hearing the Superman march in a theater for the first time was the highlight of the year for me so far. I've yet to see S:TM in a theater as we don't have many re-releases where I live. It was beautiful. The whole idea was an affirmation of just how important and beloved Superman is.

That was hilarious. Best use of the Williams Superman theme, 10/10, would rofl again.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

BANNED

"will anybody in this fucking world help me" died laughing

BANNED

Logan was incredible...amazing characters, awesome redemption themes, perfect ending

BANNED

This is why it pays to have connections...when people demand the rights to these movies go back to MCU, they forget they would miss out on oppertunities like this if they did.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Lesson to be learned...If one decides to change in phonebooths, one should have super speed.

Very funny and clever.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    If I remember right the producer is married to his son.
    Is that legal?

Anyway, it probably falls under fair use/parody. Royalties to John Williams are likely.