Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boisterously Confused

I wasn't a bad kid, I just didn't care. Some of that was because I didn't fit in very well, and some was because my parents had such clear expectations of me, and I was passive-aggressively resisting. They wanted what was best for me, the delivery mechanism just wasn't the right approach for me. I'd do as much as I absolutely had to get by, and it annoyed some of my teachers. The one thing I really glommed on to in school was Greek Mythology; nobody really took the time to say "He's found something. What could we do from there?"

I drifted until I realized I was going to need a business degree to earn more than I was making. It was grad school where I learned to love learning. It shouldn't have taken me that long to figure out.

Back when I was a teenager, I was quite rebellious. Nothing wrong with the teacher. Just that I was very lazy.
    Hated Maths because my maths teacher was really mean to me on the first day of class.
    What you could do to students like myself is to show love and concern.
    When I was caught for theft, and my teacher put in good words for me so that I would not be prosecuted, that changed me.
    Been a good student since then.