Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    It's really time Marvel got someone else to write Spider-Man.
    When are you people going to say this about Bendis and the MIGHTY Miles Morales?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    When are you people going to say this about Bendis and the MIGHTY Miles Morales?
    Oh, I've already heard that for years. Some people definitely think Bendis should hand over Miles to someone else.

I highly disagree, personally.

Remember when they were talking about how the reveal of an AU Uncle Ben in Spider-Verse would be a jaw-dropping, end-of-the-world, reveal? Good times .

I can't say I've been all too fond of Slott's "game-changers," but I guess I can't help but be curious about what we'll see happen.

I guess one possibility that I'd be down for is Norman re-learning that Peter is Spider-Man again and gaining back his memories. If Slott can let Ock know Spider-Man's secret identity at this point, I think it's high-time Osborn knew Peter was Spider-Man again.

Though I think it's probably likely this will touch on Otto and his new proto-clone body.

Probably too much to hope for a 10-pager dedicated to revealing that Felicia has either been brainwashed or replaced by a LMD to explain away her Queenpin status quo...

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess one possibility that I'd be down for is Norman re-learning that Peter is Spider-Man again and gaining back his memories. If Slott can let Ock know Spider-Man's secret identity at this point, I think it's high-time Osborn knew Peter was Spider-Man again.

Probably too much to hope for a 10-pager dedicated to revealing that Felicia has either been brainwashed or replaced by a LMD to explain away her Queenpin status quo...
    Norman finding out Peter is Spider-Man again would be interesting IMO, probably won't happen but I think it'd be interesting if they brought that element back into the status quo. As for Felicia, yeah it's most likely is too much to ask for her to be revealed as brainwashed, replaced by a LMD/Skrull/Whatever LOL.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Norman finding out Peter is Spider-Man again would be interesting IMO, probably won't happen but I think it'd be interesting if they brought that element back into the status quo. As for Felicia, yeah it's most likely is too much to ask for her to be revealed as brainwashed, replaced by a LMD/Skrull/Whatever LOL.
    Could be a Secret empire prelude.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Could be a Secret empire prelude.
    Could well be. Guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Mighty Member

Could well be. Guess we'll find out sooner or later.
    Slott was talking about secret empire when he hinted the ten pages.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Slott was talking about secret empire when he hinted the ten pages.
    Yeah, he did. But as far as Norman is concerned we'll see what happens in 25.

Superior Spider-Man 2.0! Starring Ben Reilly!

BANNED

Any other guesses as to what this will be?

- Norman transfers his consciousness into Peter--Superior Goblin.
    - Every citizen in New York gets a taste of Goblin serum--Goblin Island.
    - Peter gets a dose of Captain America's super solider serum--new status quo, American-Spider.
    - Another new previously unseen character got bit by the radioactive spider BEFORE Peter and Cindy.
    - Anna Marconi gets spider-powers--proceeds to keep telling us how great Otto is.
    - Everyone in New York turns old--Aunt May-Verse.
    - They just give ASM as a series over to Otto already.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Any other guesses as to what this will be?

- Norman transfers his consciousness into Peter--Superior Goblin.
    - Every citizen in New York gets a taste of Goblin serum--Goblin Island.
    - Peter gets a dose of Captain America's super solider serum--new status quo, American-Spider.
    - Another new previously unseen character got bit by the radioactive spider BEFORE Peter and Cindy.
    - Anna Marconi gets spider-powers--proceeds to keep telling us how great Otto is.
    - Everyone in New York turns old--Aunt May-Verse.
    - They just give ASM as a series over to Otto already.
    ''Superior Goblin'' LMAO
    Goblin Island - Not sure but sounds feasible and could potentially be a cool story if that was the case.
    ''American-Spider'' LMAO
    Doubt the radioactive spider one would ever happen either. Nor do I see Anna Marconi getting spider powers either, though I think the Otto part is probably spot on LOL.
    ''Aunt May verse'' LMAO

I know this wasn't a completely serious post on your half but Goblin Island sounds like it has potential IMO.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's statements like these that make me hope that Slott writes Spidey forever and ever - just to endlessly frustrate his haters.
    It's time we got someone who actually cares about Peter Parker. Slott's "Amazing Doctor Octopus" or "Amazing Iron Man" are great to show how poorly written his Peter Parker is.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Who? Who cares about either of those?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    It's time we got someone who actually cares about Peter Parker. Slott's "Amazing Doctor Octopus" or "Amazing Iron Man" are great to show how poorly written his Peter Parker is.
    Slott cares about Peter as much as any who's ever written ASM.

And it's a safe bet that he also knows more about the character than the fans who complain about his run do.

Keeping the character forever on familiar ground, as some fans would prefer it, doesn't equate to caring about a character.

BANNED

''Superior Goblin'' LMAO
    Goblin Island - Not sure but sounds feasible and could potentially be a cool story if that was the case.
    ''American-Spider'' LMAO
    Doubt the radioactive spider one would ever happen either. Nor do I see Anna Marconi getting spider powers either, though I think the Otto part is probably spot on LOL.
    ''Aunt May verse'' LMAO

I know this wasn't a completely serious post on your half but Goblin Island sounds like it has potential IMO.
    Just take any of the stories of the last few years, put them in a blender, and push purée.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Slott cares about Peter as much as any who's ever written ASM.

And it's a safe bet that he also knows more about the character than the fans who complain about his run do.

Keeping the character forever on familiar ground, as some fans would prefer it, doesn't equate to caring about a character.
    It's not that simple--anyone can take a character like Peter / Spider-Man and fuse him with something else and poof, "new status quo".

Certain people here want to equate "new territory" with good--as we've seen, it doesn't guarantee it will be a good story.