Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Slott is a big proponent of the "shock & Awe" tactic & "Breaking the internet" in half tactic to promote/hype his books. I think the first is mostly harmless but shouldn't the assumption for every ongoing published by Marvel (or any other publisher for that matter) automatically be that stuff is going to happen and it's going to be somewhat important relative to the series being published

Just seems kinda unnecessary to make those kind of proclamations at every turn but it's pretty much the Marvel way and not just Slott...Now his obsession with "Breaking the internet in half" I don't really get but hey whatever

Astonishing Member

Interesting.
    Intrigued to know what will be this ten page story about.

i'm still somewhat on the fence re slott's writing but i'm of the mind that if something affects the status quo even if it's a "regression" to a previous one, then it still fits the strict definition.
    troo fan or death

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And since 2015/2016 we've had not only the likes of Renew Your Vows, but also they've been teasing a possible reversal of OMD in several books.

That's also kind of something that's stuck around in other universes all decade as well. He's back to being that in Renew Your Vows for example.
    RYV is an alternate reality and until i see the reversal of the OMD, i will stuck to the effects.
    Marvel has been teasing the return of adult Jean Grey for years and they gave us her past incarnation.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    RYV is an alternate reality and until i see the reversal of the OMD, i will stuck to the effects.
    Marvel has been teasing the return of adult Jean Grey for years and they gave us her past incarnation.
    I actually like the younger Jean grey actually she's kinda become a bit more matured since bendis initially brought her and the other time displaced X-men into the present and I suspect she'll continue to develop as a character and mature in the upcoming X-men blue series and the Jean grey solo series for resurrexion dare I say more development then the older Jean grey ever got.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I actually like the younger Jean grey actually she's kinda become a bit more matured since bendis initially brought her and the other time displaced X-men into the present and I suspect she'll continue to develop as a character and mature in the upcoming X-men blue series and the Jean grey solo series for resurrexion dare I say more development then the older Jean grey ever got.
    I also like the younger Jean. They couldn't do much with adult Jean, anyway. My point is that Marvel has being trolling us for both occasions for sometime now.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In other words, its the same thing they've been saying about every new story for decades now. None of those stuck around for long. I'm going to give it five years or less before this "game changer" runs its course and things get back to normal.
    To paraphrase Syndrome from The Incredibles:

"When everything is a game-changer...nothing is."

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Still think there will be some kind of reboot after secret empire
    I personally don't see any kind of reboot happening after Secret Empire personally. At most Steve will go back to being ''good'' Steve, and Bruce and other heroes will be brought back to life but I don't see the stories being retconned away but we'll see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I just wonder what they would do to get them back together. Every since they broke up, MJ and Peter have interacted all of 2 times (Power Play and cameo in Clone Conspiracy #1). What could get them to start talking more, and it would probably take a while of this for them to believably become a couple again anyway.
    Unless Kobik does something (Which I strongly doubt) then I don't see MJ and Peter getting back together right away, at most it'll be getting to be mates again (possibly using the fact she's working at Stark as a means to interact more) before gradually building towards a couple (assuming they do decide to make them a couple again)

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Unless Kobik does something (Which I strongly doubt) then I don't see MJ and Peter getting back together right away, at most it'll be getting to be mates again (possibly using the fact she's working at Stark as a means to interact more) before gradually building towards a couple (assuming they do decide to make them a couple again)
    The most organic thing I could think of is for them to do another team-up story, only without Stark and focusing just on them two trying to solve a problem. Show how these two can work together, and gives them a chance for more interactions and character building.

I mean, I would think it would be pretty easy for Peter and MJ to just naturally sit down and talk to each other about their lives right now, if they were being written in-character that is.

But obviously the writers currently in charge of both of them just don't feel the need to keep them connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    The most organic thing I could think of is for them to do another team-up story, only without Stark and focusing just on them two trying to solve a problem. Show how these two can work together, and gives them a chance for more interactions and character building.
    At least as a starting position certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I would think it would be pretty easy for Peter and MJ to just naturally sit down and talk to each other about their lives right now, if they were being written in-character that is.

But obviously the writers currently in charge of both of them just don't feel the need to keep them connected.
    Aye. Aye.

BANNED

We'll have to see what their reunion is like in the FCBD Spectacular Spider-Man issue, Zrdasky said he was "thrilled" to write their banter, so I'm sure the interaction will be lively.

I do think the cameo in Clone Conspiracy was a step in the right direction. MJ did'nt say a lot, but she came off as kindly, understanding and supportful. I'd love to know what May and her got to talking about while MJ was helping her grieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    We'll have to see what their reunion is like in the FCBD Spectacular Spider-Man issue, Zrdasky said he was "thrilled" to write their banter, so I'm sure the interaction will be lively.

I do think the cameo in Clone Conspiracy was a step in the right direction. MJ did'nt say a lot, but she came off as kindly, understanding and supportful. I'd love to know what May and her got to talking about while MJ was helping her grieve.
    Yeah, I'm interested to see how Zdarsky writes them together in Spectacular and see how he uses her. I do like that she was there to support May and I wouldn't mind knowing what they were talking about either although I suspect it was just about JJ Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    To paraphrase Syndrome from The Incredibles:

"When everything is a game-changer...nothing is."
    Exactly. At this point, it seems like Marvel's comics output is pretty much events, with the between stuff leading up to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'm not seeing Peter and MJ getting back together anytime soon in 616, not until there's new management at Marvel, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'm not seeing Peter and MJ getting back together anytime soon in 616, not until there's new management at Marvel, at any rate.
    Which is why I'm not getting my hopes up.