24 75.00%
  • No

5 15.63%
  • Not Sure

3 9.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Spider-Man fans: Did you want Spidey in the MCU

I was never really a fan of the idea of spidey in the mcu and i was proven right after I saw the homecoming trailer. I wished sony never agreed to share the rights. sony should have done a spiderman 4 with Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire.

spidey as iron man side kick is just too much i am afraid disney will water down the character especially his amazing rogues villain gallery.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

I wanted Spidey to keep doing his own thing. So no, though being in the MCU does have it's advantages, that being more teamup stories, I am also afraid however that they'll regress his character in order to promote other characters that not had that much movie experience, to provide freshness for the viewers. From a marketing standpoint it makes sense. As long as it won't be done at the expense of Spidey's character I'm fine with it.
    Also Spidey now finally jokes more often something Spidey did so rarely in the other movies.
    It's actually funny how earlier movie Spidey barely made jokes, an aspect of his character that I really like. All the while in the Avengers comics he's often reduced to only making jokes, which is worse honestly.

In conclusion it's a mixed bag.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    I wanted Spidey to keep doing his own thing. So no, though being in the MCU does have it's advantages, that being more teamup stories, I am also afraid however that they'll regress his character in order to promote other characters that not had that much movie experience, to provide freshness for the viewers. From a marketing standpoint it makes sense. As long as it won't be done at the expense of Spidey's character I'm fine with it.
    Also Spidey now finally jokes more often something Spidey did so rarely in the other movies.
    It's actually funny how earlier movie Spidey barely made jokes, an aspect of his character that I really like. All the while in the Avengers comics he's often reduced to only making jokes, which is worse honestly.

In conclusion it's a mixed bag.
    I think the amount of jokes in Raimi trilogy was appropriate. That was probably one of the most mature versions of Spider-Man around, it suited him.

Not that I don't like joking Spidey, because I love him in Civil War. On point, I wasn't sure how I felt about Spidey being in MCU until I saw Civil War. Seeing him interacting with other Marvel characters is just amazing. So yes, I'm quite happy.

I don't think they will regress Spidey on the sake of others. It's freaking Spider-Man we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I think the amount of jokes in Raimi trilogy was appropriate. That was probably one of the most mature versions of Spider-Man around, it suited him.

Not that I don't like joking Spidey, because I love him in Civil War. On point, I wasn't sure how I felt about Spidey being in MCU until I saw Civil War. Seeing him interacting with other Marvel characters is just amazing. So yes, I'm quite happy.

I don't think they will regress Spidey on the sake of others. It's freaking Spider-Man we're talking about.
    I agree with you on Spidey civil war. I would have preferred Spidey not be Iron-Man's apprentice, but other than that he was spot on.
    If Spidey's solo movie gets his character right aswell, than I'll change my opinion .
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    I agree with you on Spidey civil war. I would have preferred Spidey not be Iron-Man's apprentice, but other than that he was spot on.
    If Spidey's solo movie gets his character right aswell, than I'll change my opinion .
    What I'd like to see in Spider-Man: Homecoming is that Peter realizes that Tony Stark isn't as good a person as he'd believed. That Peter himself is better than him by miles. Never meet your idols thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    What I'd like to see in Spider-Man: Homecoming is that Peter realizes that Tony Stark isn't as good a person as he'd believed. That Peter himself is better than him by miles. Never meet your idols thing.
    I could see that working maybe some new tech from tony becomes selfaware, nothing Ultron level, but something really dangerous. Maybe a new Spidey Armor. Jameson will of course blame Spidey. Tony won't be able to help cause he'll be busy with a cosmic crisis. While Tinkerer and Shocker try to capture the rampaging armor Spidey has to fight them and at the same time protect civilians from the armor.
    After this Spidey decides to make his own gear. Decides to become more independent from his mentor.
    This way both Tony and Peter stay in character, and it would be a fun story too.
    Creativity is awesome.

BANNED

We've seen enough other attempts at Spidey made outside of Marvel Studios by now - and all of them with their own merits - to make me want to see what Marvel themselves will do.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Yes. With a capital YES. Potentially Peter interact with the likes of Steve Rogers in a film? Why not?

Yeah, I wanted to see Spider-Man in a world with more superheroes.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

iMan 42s

A few years ago I would've said no as there is an entire universe for Sony to use. Now I say let there be crossovers because it shows something that simply hasn't been done with the franchise and that's a team-up. I want to see something new and exciting, I don't need to see Peter on his own AGAIN.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I remember when I was really into the Amazing Spider-Man series and thought Spidey worked really well in his own world, unencumbered by the existence of other heroes, much like in Spectacular Spider-Man where Spidey's world was so captured so well and fleshed out to such a degree that it became it's own living and breathing universe without the need for other heroes to come in.

To some degree I still feel that way, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy seeing Spidey back home at Marvel (as it were) and in a shared universe like in the comics, interacting with and bouncing off other heroes.

I only hope the novelty of this Spider-Man being in a shared universe (and being a teenager for the umpteenth time) doesn't become something this version hinges on or that he has to rely on Tony Stark and The Avengers going forward. I want to see Spider-Man's world conveyed from the comics to the screen, not Spider-Man's world through the lenses of The Avengers.

BANNED

Not if it downplays him to make other narvel superheroes as a independent respectable maun character who is incompetent without them.

I didn't want to see it happen at first, given that A.) I'm not sure the shared rights are a good idea (it only works as long as the two companies agree and I'm not sure having two cooks is a stable situation), B.) I was not impressed with Sony's handling of the franchise after they rebooted for the first time, C.) I've kind of preferred Spidey being on his own (although seeing him meet other superheroes is fun, and D.) Three reboots in a decade and a half is way too many times.

While I'm still not sure the deal is a good idea and Spider-Man has had too many reboots, I did like Tom Holland in the role and his place in the movies. So, this being the first time that I've been enjoying Spider-Man movies since the original movies, I think it's been a good call.

BANNED

Oh great... Yet another Selina "I HATE THE MCU" thread...

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man in the MCU is cool.
    Because first this way he can team up with other super heroes just like in the comics and MCU movies have been quality super heroes movies, so no complains here about Spidey in the mcu movies.