Default Comics catch up. Avengers 30

No new comics so I started well..catching up. It's been awhile since I read Avengers. The Ghost Rider saga was okay, so I kept going. I'll be honest I thought the She-Hulk issue was peak Aaron. But...you read issue 30 and ruin into this....

Quote Originally Posted by ActualAaronwriting
    It started when Roxxon closed the limestone plant in Kansas City where she'd worked for fifteen years. Moved it to Madripoor. She was pregnant,out of work. Boyfriend heard about a job opportunity somewhere far away. Very far away. They were recruited by space coyotes, ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. agents flying twenty year old Skrull dropships. They were smuggled into Shiar controlled territory along with migrant workers from dozens of planets. They picked the grapes that became wine on the richest tables of Chandilar the Shiar homeworld. But they were barely making enough to feed themselves let alone pay their way back home. Suzanne and the boyfriend became separated somewhere in the Reigarrt system. She was picking krawberries for three Imperial credits a day when the Shiar border patrol swept through. She was detained as an illegal alien. Sent to a holding moon for weeks. Ever since the last time the Shiar infiltrated Earth and tried to assassinate the resurrected Phoenix relations between our world and the imperium have been less than cordial. So no agency on Earth was alerted to Suzanne's arrest. She was left to defend herself in Shiar intergalactic immigration court. The trial lasted all of ninety seconds.
    What I find hilarious is Aaron really wants us to feel for Suzanne, but you can't because she is a moron lol. The plant closes down and her plan...sorry boyfriend's plan(she just went along with it like a moron) bright idea was to LEAVE THE PLANET EARTH WHILE PREGNANT. We weren't privy to her trial but I'm thinking it was something straight out of Judge Judy. What makes it even crazier is that an editor signed off on this.

Also I find it hilarious that a galactic empire like the Shiar with tech far more advanced than our own....still needs people to pick berries. Yeah, whatever Aaron. I can hear done of you saying "It's a metaphor" yeah but it doesn't work.

McGuinnes art continues to rock. If he had a better writer we would be having discussions of where he ranks in relation to the all time great Avengers artist. Unfortunately he has to keep elevating subpar work and we never really get to see what he can do with a writer that can really utilize him.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 04-21-2020 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Meant to say Avengers
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest