View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 96 of 111 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1652

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Is he? The actor is the worst by far of the regulars on the show, but Wally is still played as very likable.
    He really is. When they implied him to be superior to Barry, a lot of fans went berserk. Majority is indifferent after his character development, but he is far from fan favourite. There is a reason why he is not highlighted in Barry's absence even when that should be the case.

I also saw a lot of people wanting OG Wally to appear as an AU counterpart as well. Add on actor's terrible delivery and I don't know how one could expect him to outshine cartoon versions.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    He really is. When they implied him to be superior to Barry, a lot of fans went berserk. Majority is indifferent after his character development, but he is far from fan favourite. There is a reason why he is not highlighted in Barry's absence even when that should be the case.

I also saw a lot of people wanting OG Wally to appear as an AU counterpart as well. Add on actor's terrible delivery and I don't know how one could expect him to outshine cartoon versions.
    Grant Gustin is always going to be the one highlighted, regardless of which Wally it is.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Grant Gustin is always going to be the one highlighted, regardless of which Wally it is.
    I was talking about Iris and Cisco push though. They take the front of team while Wally is a tag along to them without any substance. It was the perfect chance to push him as part of main cast but that didn't happen.

I was talking about Iris and Cisco push though.
    They have been on the show longer, though, and Iris was destined to be #2 regardless. Having said that, if the showrunners are keeping Wally from the spotlight, it has zero to do with him being NuWally and more to do with Keiynan Lonsdale being a below-average actor, IMO.

They have been on the show longer, though, and Iris was destined to be #2 regardless. Having said that, if the showrunners are keeping Wally from the spotlight, it has zero to do with him being NuWally and more to do with Keiynan Lonsdale being a below-average actor, IMO.
    As opposed to the others? The CW isn't exactly known for hiring master thespians.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    And personally...I'd include the mature Wally West in that. Wish fulfilment: young good looking, happily married, two healthy kids, no money problems. Self insert: politics, taste in music, taste in books, general views on life...all left to readers imagination.
    Actually, "mature" Wally did have money problems. And his politics are fairly well known (Among nerds like us I mean. )

It's sad. I was once on a Yotube comment discussion, and this really confused person came in and asked why the Hell me and someone else considered Wally the best Flash when he was so boring on the tv show. We quickly filled them in that comicWally was nothing like that, and that most of what they liked about TVBarry was taken from Wally. (Mind you, I can't STAND TvBarry personally, but with all due respect, especially toward his vocal and dancing abilities, that's because I HATE Gustin's performance.) It's the same thing you see elsewhere. You can still go to that clip from Starcrossed where Batman revealed the JL's Flash was Wally, and you'll see a dozen or more new comments a day saying "WHERE'S BARRY?!"
    Last edited by Assam; 08-22-2017 at 04:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    As opposed to the others? The CW isn't exactly known for hiring master thespians.
    Tom Cavanaugh and Jesse Martin are amazing though. Better than the rest of the Arrowverse's cast put together IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think the rest of the cast is fine, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Tom Cavanaugh and Jesse Martin are amazing though. Better than the rest of the Arrowverse's cast put together IMO.
    Yes, they are certainly above-average in that regard.

We quickly filled them in that comicWally was nothing like that, and that most of what they liked about TVBarry was taken from Wally.
    Not really. He's closer to comic-book Barry than Wally, though he's not a carbon copy. Live-action characters usually aren't, though.

Mark Waid and JLA was the best. So, more of that Wally West please! Titans isnt enough of a fix. And why do all of my favorite 90's DC characters have heart problems now? Is Tim Drake coming back with a heart murmur?

Quote Originally Posted by TRS80 View Post
    Mark Waid and JLA was the best. So, more of that Wally West please! Titans isnt enough of a fix. And why do all of my favorite 90's DC characters have heart problems now? Is Tim Drake coming back with a heart murmur?
    Heh. Hopefully not.

BANNED

Is he? The actor is the worst by far of the regulars on the show, but Wally is still played as very likable.
    He is. I don't like talking about the Flash show because of how angry it makes me, but I was heartbroken by how badly they portrayed this character. I waited my entire life to see this character appear in live action, and we ended up with a poorly acted, poorly written, unfunny, whiny jerk. You know how much I hate Barry Allen but at least he has a little bit of charisma on TV. That bloody show has done nothing for Wally but make him look even worse.

Seriously, the CW is garbage.

BANNED

Even Gustin is a pretty competent leading man most of the time. Yes his character is basically a really stupid Peter Parker, but he has good acting chops for his age. But that Wally actor couldn't act his way out of a middle school play.

Actor is pretty subpar for CW so it has to do with both. If character was popular, he would have received push regardless of actor's performance.

I know you LOVE to portray Wally as a failure with passive aggressive tone but there is no need to do that here.