View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 100 of 111 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1652
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm never going to, I think. It's not Wally's fault. Just general frustration.
    I can definitely understand the frustration. I'm tired of all these character wars myself.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I can definitely understand the frustration. I'm tired of all these character wars myself.
    Don't blame the fans. Blame DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Those very same people also said the same thing about Gustin's Barry Allen as well. The transparency/desperation is ultra clear.
    It's almost like people's opinions change over time or something.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I mean, I get being frustrated, I'm a Cassie fan, and if DC just decided to replace her, I'd be bitter with the decision. Which is how Wally fans must feel, but I think I wouldn't hate the new character, but that depends of the person.
    I have never, ever hated a replacement for a character I liked. It doesn't mean I was initially happy about it, but I got on board fairly quick each time.

BANNED

If only DC would stop selfishly ruining characters that lots of fans really like, and giving these "character wars" all their fuel.

I have never, ever hated a replacement for a character I liked. It doesn't mean I was initially happy about it, but I got on board fairly quick each time.
    I mean, I love Kon-El and I'm waiting for his return, and little Jon is his "replacement", but I couldn't hate him because he is too cute

BANNED

I have to question the logic of judging Miller's performance of Barry and the overall writing of the character for the DCEU based on a few brief, out of context clips.

Similar judgments were made about Gal Gadot not being badass enough or too wooden to carry a film. And look how that turned out. Pissing on Miller this early just shows how transparent some from the "it's not Wally, therefore I hate everything to do with it" crowd can be.
    Yeah, the only reason people hate Miller's Barry based on the numerous clips we've seen of him... is because they're jealous that he isn't Wally. Never mind the criticism from actual Barry Allen fans he's gotten, surely it's all just jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Don't blame the fans. Blame DC.
    I want civilized discourse on this site, regardless of whose fault it is, Assam. That shouldn't be too much to ask. At the end of the day, comics shouldn't be that important to us that we're having food fights about them.

BANNED

I used to love original Wally (and still mostly do), but honestly the longer he's away from the role of the THE Flash, and the more mean spirited his fanbase gets towards Barry, the more I start to just get sick of him.
    Both those things are DC's fault. You're basically admitting that DC is driving people away from the character. Maybe instead of getting mad at the fans who's favorite Flash is being treated like ****, you should be mad at the ones actually treating him like ****.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I mean, I love Kon-El and I'm waiting for his return, and little Jon is his "replacement", but I couldn't hate him because he is too cute
    Funny thing is, despite being a big Kon fan, his absence wasn't enough to get me to turn against Jon, because, like you said, he's just so cute! No, no, no...it was what they did to Chris that got me to turn against Jon and stop caring about him at all.

I want civilized discourse on this site, regardless of whose fault it is, Assam. That shouldn't be too much to ask. At the end of the day, comics shouldn't be that important to us that we're having food fights about them.
    While we should of course try to not offend each other personally, I disagree with your way of thinking. If we aren't passionate, if we don't care...then what's even the point?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Both those things are DC's fault. You're basically admitting that DC is driving people away from the character. Maybe instead of getting mad at the fans who's favorite Flash is being treated like ****, you should be mad at the ones actually treating him like ****.
    Getting rid of Wally is DC's fault. How Wally's fans react to Barry is on them. Especially if it means bad mouthing Barry where his fans are likely to hear/read it, and maybe have a counter argument prepared. Why should they feel guilty for enjoying what they enjoy?

Funny thing is, despite being a big Kon fan, his absence wasn't enough to get me to turn against Jon, because, like you said, he's just so cute! No, no, no...it was what they did to Chris that got me to turn against Jon and stop caring about him at all.

Oh, I assumed that Chris was gone forever a long, long time ago, apparently Superman office even calls him and Kon "the lost sons of Krypton", though I do respect your point of view. I wish that DC stopped seeing only biological sons as "real" sons though.

While we should of course try to not offend each other personally, I disagree with your way of thinking. If we aren't passionate, if we don't care...then what's even the point?
    Obviously we're all passionate about our hobby, but is it worth getting very angry about? If it bothered me that much, I would find something else to invest my time with that didn't aggravate me.

BANNED

Getting rid of Wally is DC's fault. How Wally's fans react to Barry is on them. Especially if it means bad mouthing Barry where his fans are likely to hear/read it, and maybe have a counter argument prepared. Why should they feel guilty for enjoying what they enjoy?
    I don't expect Barry fans to feel guilty about liking him. I expect them to not be jerks about the whole affair, which some really are. You criticize people who badmouth Barry as if there aren't groups which bad mouth Wally (Or the rest of the Flash Family for that matter) Plus, unless its an appreciation thread or the like, I see nothing wrong with expressing a negative opinion toward a character.

Obviously we're all passionate about our hobby, but is it worth getting very angry about? If it bothered me that much, I would find something else to invest my time with that didn't aggravate me.
    Why would we read comics if it isn't to be annoyed by editorial and bad writing? for actual...enjoyment!?

Just kidding.