View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 98 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1652

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It's not in the writing (I have other issues with that), and as I've said, Gustin IS talented, particularly when it comes to his vocal and dancing abilities, but the way he gives this performance...it honestly reminds of Dick Grayson. Just this whole nice guy persona with an omnipresent air of arrogance around it. It wasn't TOO bad in season 1, but he just became so irritating in season 2, it's part of why I dropped the show.
    I've never seen it as a persona, because Barry (and Gustin) are nice guys, and I don't think I've ever thought of Barry with this "omnipresent air of arrogance," but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

If there's one thing I've learned it's that people take different things out of different performances.

There are certainly other actors I believe have a lot of talent, primarily on Legends of Tomorrow. Manu Bennett is incredible as well, and while I haven't cared for any of his performances since season 1 of Arrow, John Barrowmen is still a treasure. But even so, I feel that Martin and Cavanaugh are far above the others (I'm reminded of an interview where James Marsters said his proudest acting moment on Buffy was any scene where we wasn't getting blown out of the water by Anthony Stewart Head) , and I do feel that, especially on Arrow and Flash, the casts acting abilities are VERY mixed. (Admittedly, It probably helps that Supergirl and Legends (as of Season 2) KNOW what kind of shows they are, for better or worse, whereas Flash and ESPECIALLY Arrow do not.)
    Again, I've seen some powerful and strong stuff from the people from Arrow and Flash, even in the lesser seasons, and I think the casts on all the show are great.

But I guess that also might just be my investment in the shows and their characters talking to some degree.

I guess I can see where Arrow had a bit of an identity crisis in seasons 3-4, but that's probably where I most appreciated the actors delivering their best performances in-spite of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I guess I can see where Arrow had a bit of an identity crisis in seasons 3-4, but that's probably where I most appreciated the actors delivering their best performances in-spite of it.
    I think the performance I'm most curious about is Rickards'. Like, she's had NOTHING to work with since season 3 started, but I have to wonder whether it was her choice or the director's to have her performance really re-enforce the writing making Felicity the most vile character in this entire fictional universe.

BANNED

It's not in the writing (I have other issues with that), and as I've said, Gustin IS talented, particularly when it comes to his vocal and dancing abilities, but the way he gives this performance...it honestly reminds of Dick Grayson. Just this whole nice guy persona with an omnipresent air of arrogance around it. It wasn't TOO bad in season 1, but he just became so irritating in season 2, it's part of why I dropped the show.
    LOL, it's funny how many people I know have gone from watching the Flash show regularly to dropping it completely in the span of 1 season. What a waste. The Flash franchise has so much potential, yet they're screwing it up in every medium. It's hard to imagine the movie being worse than the show, but I think it will be. Ezra Miller's Barry is so bad. Again, they passed up Wally to push this guy.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I think the performance I'm most curious about is Rickards'. Like, she's had NOTHING to work with since season 3 started, but I have to wonder whether it was her choice or the director's to have her performance really re-enforce the writing making Felicity the most vile character in this entire fictional universe.
    The funny thing is I loved her for the first two seasons. She was starting to come back to that last season, until near the end.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    LOL, it's funny how many people I know have gone from watching the Flash show regularly to dropping it completely in the span of 1 season. What a waste. The Flash franchise has so much potential, yet they're screwing it up in every medium. It's hard to imagine the movie being worse than the show, but I think it will be. Ezra Miller's Barry is so bad. Again, they passed up Wally to push this guy.
    It honestly didn't matter who they cast. They're doing f**king Flashpoint, so the movie already isn't going to be very good.

I'd say Rickards is one of the actresses on the show who've done their best to work with the material they're given even if it's not great.

But then, I like Felicity, even as I feel like they've mismanaged her character, so I guess I'm kind of biased.
    Different strokes .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The funny thing is I loved her for the first two seasons. She was starting to come back to that last season, until near the end.
    And even then I'd say she came around after the Helix stuff was exposed.
    It honestly didn't matter who they cast. They're doing f**king Flashpoint, so the movie already isn't going to be very good.
    Well, I think it depends on how they handle Flashpoint.

BANNED

Well, I think it depends on how they handle Flashpoint.
    Maybe we'll see them completely abandon the source material, but I think that's the only way they could make it work. I only think Flashpoint on its own merits is bad, not terrible, but for the sake of staying true to the source material and making something good out of it, it's essentially the same as if they decided the sequel to Justice League would be based on Cry for Justice.

Also, I think the TV show has killed any real hype this could have had. Regardless of what they do with FP, we all know Thawne is going to be the villain. And after seeing Eobard himself on multiple seasons of television and 3 seasons of Barry fighting evil Speedsters, unless they get REALLY creative with the directing, I'm not sure how they're supposed to make this exciting.

BANNED

I see that as a sign that they have no faith in Miller's Barry Allen (which they shouldn't) so they're trying to overshadow him with the crazy Flashpoint characters and concepts. Instead of just recasting the role, which is a more logical decision than burying your crappy lead.

At least it will help kill the hype for Barry Allen that DC has worked so hard to build up. DCEU Barry is probably the worst live action speedster character I've ever seen. Again, they chose that over Wally.

Maybe we'll see them completely abandon the source material, but I think that's the only way they could make it work. I only think Flashpoint on its own merits is bad, not terrible, but for the sake of staying true to the source material and making something good out of it, it's essentially the same as if they decided the sequel to Justice League would be based on Cry for Justice.
    Well, I'm not in love with Flashpoint and I think there are some issues with the premise, but I can see the appeal of it and I'm curious to see what they do with it as an adaption.

From a practical perspective I can also see them using the time-traveling to course correct the DCEU to some degree.

Also, I think the TV show has killed any real hype this could have had. Regardless of what they do with FP, we all know Thawne is going to be the villain. And after seeing Eobard himself on multiple seasons of television and 3 seasons of Barry fighting evil Speedsters, unless they get REALLY creative with the directing, I'm not sure how they're supposed to make this exciting.
    I think that's probably the benefit of getting Flashpoint out of the way, so they can get the storyline done with and move on to new things for the proper Flash solo.

And probably one of the benefits of a movie is that they'll be able to include the rest of the Justice League and explore the world better then the TV version did. So there's more meat there then there was when the show did it.

The movies were also always going to inevitably use Thawne, he's Barry's Archenemy, so there's no getting around that.

What's wrong with DCEU Barry? He might not act like him, but he's a charmer imo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    What's wrong with DCEU Barry? He might not act like him, but he's a charmer imo
    No he isn't. Not only is he nothing like the source material, proving again that comics Barry is a useless character with zero potential, but Miller's personality and comedic timing are horrible. I'm surprised, since I've seen Miller give great performances in 2 excellent movies before. But he's horribly miscast as The Flash. He's annoying, his jokes are terrible, he tries desperately to be quirky and charming but keeps falling flat. It's just an awkward, pathetic performance.

No he isn't. Not only is he nothing like the source material, proving again that comics Barry is a useless character with zero potential, but Miller's personality and comedic timing are horrible. I'm surprised, since I've seen Miller give great performances in 2 excellent movies before. But he's horribly miscast as The Flash. He's annoying, his jokes are terrible, he tries desperately to be quirky and charming but keeps falling flat. It's just an awkward, pathetic performance.
    I don't really feel Miller as Barry but I don't think he's that bad.

He seems fine for the role they have him playing in the movie.

BANNED

I don't really feel Miller as Barry but I don't think he's that bad.

He seems fine for the role they have him playing in the movie.
    If that role is awkward, unfunny comic relief, then I guess he is perfect.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

¡Ay, caramba!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/Flash? So far, we've seen him too fleetingly to really know what kind of Flash he'll be.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014