View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 10 of 111 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    But how the heck is it going to improve Wally's standing in the DCU? He's still being relegated to Titans as a C-list hero and a bit of drama doesn't change anything. At this point in Barry's return he wasn't doing love triangles in a mid tier book, he was ubiquitous. They are NOT doing everything they can with Wally and I know this because they're doing more with Nu Wally at the moment.
    It's shown on Titans annual that Wally is still an outsider while Superdad is now a part of the universe, since Titans might get an important role in the DCU in general because Manhattan's name and that well, Wally is there, then it should be a matter of time. As I've pointed out before, Titans pacing is slow, but Wally is still the one that gets the most focus on.

How are the Titans C-listers? A team lead by Dick Grayson are B listers at most.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post

How are the Titans C-listers? A team lead by Dick Grayson are B listers at most.
    At this point in time, I'd say:

Dick is A-List

Wally and Roy are B-List.

Donna, Garth, and Lilith are C-List.

That's just how things are I think. Honestly, even Bumblebee thanks to all her media appearances is probably more popular than Garth, Donna, and Lilith.

Now, in my ideal world, Wally, Roy, Garth, Donna, and Lilith would ALL be A-listers, because, maybe with the exception of Lilith, they're all just as good or better characters than Grayson.

BANNED

It's shown on Titans annual that Wally is still an outsider while Superdad is now a part of the universe, since Titans might get an important role in the DCU in general because Manhattan's name and that well, Wally is there, then it should be a matter of time. As I've pointed out before, Titans pacing is slow, but Wally is still the one that gets the most focus on.

The way I see it, heroes like Black Canary and Nu Wally who aren't leading men but still have a prominent role in the universe are B-listers. The individual Titans members who show up in this book and nothing else are C-listers.

This is a team book, making Wally the main focus is an issue because A) It still doesn't offer the development of a solo book or a partner book and B) it detracts from the other members of the team. I believe Wally was dropped into Titans to keep him out of the way because DC still doesn't care. I bet they weren't even expecting it to be a success. Maybe I'm getting impatient but I think that if there were big plans for Wally in the near future we'd be seeing some traces of them by now. Same with Tim, I think we can tell who DC really cares about at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    At this point in time, I'd say:

Dick is A-List

Wally and Roy are B-List.

Donna, Garth, and Lilith are C-List.

That's just how things are I think. Honestly, even Bumblebee thanks to all her media appearances is probably more popular than Garth, Donna, and Lilith.

Now, in my ideal world, Wally, Roy, Garth, Donna, and Lilith would ALL be A-listers, because, maybe with the exception of Lilith, they're all just as good or better characters than Grayson.
    I think I'd make Wally an A-List as well, since he features in Teen Titans, YJ and JL, and Brave and the Bold if I'm not mistaken.

BANNED

I think I'd make Wally an A-List as well, since he features in Teen Titans, YJ and JL, and Brave and the Bold if I'm not mistaken.
    I WOULD agree, if 3 out of 4 of those appearances weren't Wally as KID Flash. They're good for adding the popularity, but I'd bet you half the fans of those shows don't realize that Wally was THE Flash for decades. And as for Justice League, you'd be amazed how many people I talk to think that that was Barry, despite the numerous times he was called by his first name. Plus, THAT show ended over a decade ago.

In fact, call me an optimist, but when DC decides to release new titles, I'm sure there will be a solo title for Wally. Perhaps they will announce it at SDCC?

In fact, call me an optimist, but when DC decides to release new titles, I'm sure there will be a solo title for Wally. Perhaps they will announce it at SDCC?
    I am definitely curious to see what of Rebirth Wave 3 we'll see announced at SDCC this year.

BANNED

That will be the last straw. If SDCC and Metal finish and Wally is still just a Titan, my remaining optimism goes out the window. I'll never buy a Flash comic again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am definitely curious to see what of Rebirth Wave 3 we'll see announced at SDCC this year.
    Is the JSA coming in Wave 3?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Is the JSA coming in Wave 3?
    Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Who knows?
    We don't even know when Wave 3 will come out.

I think there will be a Shazam related title, as well as the JSA and maybe a Wally title.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I strongly disagree with this view. Barry and Wally aren't threats to each other's popularity, and should not be treated as such. I feel featuring them together more often enhances them both, and I would like to see much more of it.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    BA, did you get a chance to read the Titans annual? I thought Barry and Wally working together was the best part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Wally will likely never be the main flash again and that's going to be the only thing that will appease his fans
    As a big Wally fan, I honestly don't mind him being "a" Flash rather than the Flash. As long as all that history still happened to him, I'm find with where he is now, assuming he gets his whole family back at some point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    BA, did you get a chance to read the Titans annual? I thought Barry and Wally working together was the best part of the story..
    But they're NOT working together, Wally has been excluded from the main Flash book with the exception of 2 issues because DC doesn't care about their relationship. We're not getting Barry and Wally, we're getting lots and lots of Barry and Nu Wally, and original Wally gets the leftover table scraps.

If Barry isn't a threat to Wally's popularity, why does Wally get so few opportunities in every medium? Chances are, they see Wally and his personality as a threat to Barry and keep them far apart as a result.

Im a bit afraid they squandered the momentum Wally had.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I think Atlanta96 won't be satisfied until DC renames itself WALLY WEST COMICS, cancels everything else it's currently publishing, and puts out nothing but 52 monthly titles of WALLY WEST...THE FLASH...THE ONLY AND GREATEST FLASH EVER every month...and each of those titles will feature Wally-Flash beating up and otherwise abusing Duke Thomas.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014