View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1652
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I mean, I love Kon-El and I'm waiting for his return, and little Jon is his "replacement", but I couldn't hate him because he is too cute
    Heh. I prefer Kon-El myself, but Jon has been alright so far.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Why would we read comics if it isn't to be annoyed by editorial and bad writing? for actual...enjoyment!?

Just kidding.
    Figured that much.

BANNED

Even if you take kons 1st appearrnace years and years ago,jon and him are still nothing like each other.one is the son of Superman,WITH his love of his publishing life,and the other is a total man-made human Superman,created to replace the greatest hero.

Jon is great,aslong as they keep his "voice" as young as he has been,and aslong as that "new power" is NOT tactile telekinesis.

I read everything Jon is in,but damn if I would lose my **** if kon freaking EL came back.
    Last edited by stephens2177; 08-22-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Yeah, DC is treating Kon-el bad, but DC is also not using Wally West enough either. I voted No on the poll just now.
    I have no beef with Vegans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Even if you take kons 1st appearrnace years and years ago,jon and him are still nothing like each other.one is the son of Superman,WITH his love of his publishing life,and the other is a total man-made human Superman,created to replace the greatest hero.

Jon is great,aslong as they keep his "voice" as young as he has been,and aslong as that "new power" is tactile telekinesis.

I read everything Jon is in,but damn if I would lose my **** if kon freaking EL came back.
    I do believe Kon is coming back. But DC isn't going to bring characters back just because the whole world wants them to. Timing is everything. It's all a big chess move. I'm upset about Firestorm, Stargirl and Martian Manhunter being missing but i know they'll be back eventually.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    It's almost like people's opinions change over time or something.
    It looks more likely that they are so desperate to prove their agenda that they can't keep any consistency to their own thoughts and will do anything to adhere to that agenda. Like I said... utter desperation. Just as your attempt at wit falls flat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    It looks more likely that they are so desperate to prove their agenda that they can't keep any consistency to their own thoughts and will do anything to adhere to that agenda. Like I said... utter desperation. Just as your attempt at wit falls flat.
    You know you just responded to a banned user, right?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Did Atlanta get banned AGAIN? He just got back.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Yeeeeah. DarkKnight Detective warned him. Hopefully it isn't a permaban this time.

Mighty Member

I don't know what happened. I sent this response hours ago... when he wasn't banned. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Barry's screwed no matter what. If he's young and funny, he's copying Wally. Because God knows Wally is the only character to ever be young and funny. T

I used to love original Wally (and still mostly do), but honestly the longer he's away from the role of the THE Flash, and the more mean spirited his fanbase gets towards Barry, the more I start to just get sick of him.
    It's sad that DC's bad treatment of character is deliberately done so more people would feel this away. It's unfortunately so obvious.

Yeeeeah. DarkKnight Detective warned him. Hopefully it isn't a permaban this time.
    My warning was too late for him, Assam. The next time I looked, he was gone (though not permanently).

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Reminds me of Groucho Marx singing "Hello, I must be going!" For Atlanta's sake, I hope he's not whistling that tune when he comes back in a month.

One thing I really liked in the season 2 episode "The Runaway Dinosaur" was the friendship that Iris and Cisco had in that episode. From what I saw in the season 4 trailer that friendship might be back which is good. I think that was one of the only things I liked about the trailer. I know it's irrelevant to the topic at hand but I just brought it up since everyone started talking about the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yes, Ginger Wally has a large and dedicated fanbase at the moment (I know this because I'm one of them). But how long do you think it's going to last when DC consistently makes it a depressing chore to be an OG Wally West fan? They've been ruining this character every year for over a decade now, I can't point to a single great Wally story since the early days of Johns run. How can a character, who DC is doing everything they can to make people hate, and permanently replace with Nu Wally, possibly sustain this fanbase in the long run?
    Sooner or later Dan Didio will realize that money off of a OG Wally West Flash solo book is more important then his unbearable love for Barry. Some people blame Geoff Johns for all this crap on OG Wally but I read on a website once that the original ending to Flashpoint was that after Barry fixed the timeline the world remained unchanged and was still pre-new 52. Also originally after flashpoint there was gonna be a new line of flash books that would have a focus on each speedster that had the mantle as flash. Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West & Bart Allen all would've had solo titles with Barry having the main book. But Didio forced Geoff to change the ending of Flashpoint to a universe reset instead.