View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 106 of 111 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1652

Titans truly is purgatory isn't it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I mean, Garth's gonna be in Aquaman and Roy's appeared in a handful of issues of GA and is going to be in the Annual...SIGH, yeah, it's purgatory.

Mighty Member

I actually thought this issue was generally stronger the past few. There wasn't any crappy infighting, Wally and Donna seem quashed, and the group actually seems like a bunch of friends again. Plus, the threat actually seems more real than it has so far and it is rather scary, corrupting those who encounter it. Hopefully, things continue improving and Wally makes a glorious return.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Pretty much sums it up.

I Guess New 52 Wally couldn't save him. He'll be back. There is no freaking way they are going to let this crap happen long term. But if they are. I'm gonna drop Teen Titans since Damien Wayne cemented this whole heart condition thing and I'll wait at least until I read other future solicitations regarding Wally before I drop anything else. I did hear that Wally was supposed to have a role in Doomsday Clock. Either that isn't happening or he'll only be mentioned in mourning. If dc pulled thus shit to get me to read Barry Allen, I ain't picking up jack shit regarding him. DC really wants to screw the Redhead Wally West fanbase, don't they? I've really been enjoying rebirth but if this shit is really happening longterm. I'm dropping everything dc that i'm picking up. OG Wally West is my favorite dc character and one of my favorite characters in general. To continue to do this shit to him is insulting and all it will do is lose readers and money.

Wally will live, but purgatory is a good word for Titans, so it's not like he'll be living for much. God I don't like being so pessimistic...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-14-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Wally will live, but purgatory is a good word for Titans, so it's not like he'll be living for much. God I don't like being so pessimistic...
    Me neither friend, but it's DC's doing.

BANNED

poor wally. this make me think whether jay also "died" in the button instead of just being reabsorbed into the speed force.

Thumbs up Wally West is apparently dead (and Donna turns evil in the future)

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It looks like it's only going to get worse before it ever gets better. Read this:

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingCool.com

the Titans series won’t want to miss out, either.

In December, Titans #18 by Dan Abnett, Minkyu Jung, and Mick Gray has “The Rise of Troia” with a dead Wally West, defeated Titans, and Donna Troy fighting Troia, a twisted angry version of herself from the near future
    I am so angry, I could spit nails.

So very glad I dropped Titans from my pull list. Abnett has rapidly turned into one of the worst Titans writers of all time.

Seriously, I don't think I can hate this book more than I do now. I mean, he really is pulling out ALL the stops to alienate and tick off as many Titans fans as possible--Wally is dead, Donna turns evil in the future, the Troia nickname is now that of a super-villain.

Good Lord, what's next?

Mighty Member

That summary has been out for days. Most people are still not convinced it will stick, because it probably won't. And frankly, as for Donna, having an evil doppleganger from the future or an alternate reality is fairly standard superhero fair. Can't really see how that ruins Donna.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    That summary has been out for days. Most people are still not convinced it will stick, because it probably won't. And frankly, as for Donna, having an evil doppleganger from the future or an alternate reality is fairly standard superhero fair. Can't really see how that ruins Donna.
    I think it's something Donna has been through before. If I'm faulting the present developments for anything, it would be that some of these ideas are repetitive and unoriginal.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I think it's something Donna has been through before. If I'm faulting the present developments for anything, it would be that some of these ideas are repetitive and unoriginal.

Hah! This entire book is made of lame rehashes from older stories. Even first arc was a rip-off Mark Waid story.

Oh, I am so over this book.

How many Titans fans want to see Wally West dead or an evil version of Donna Troy? Not many, I will safely wager.

And certainly even fewer want to see such stories drawn by Brett Booth. God, what a frigging mess!

Mighty Member

Oh, I do not disagree. That would be my complaint as well. I think the hyperbole about how these characters are ruined being thrown around is...well...hyperbole.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Hah! This entire book is made of lame rehashes from older stories. Even first arc was a rip-off Mark Waid story.
    It's name was a homage, but it wasn't a ripoff. It was a celebration of the character's return. Suffice to say, though I'm lukewarm with the book now, I loved that first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    Oh, I am so over this book.
    Well, yeah. You already dropped the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    How many Titans fans want to see Wally West dead or an evil version of Donna Troy? Not many, I will safely wager.
    Fans of Terror of Trigon.