View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1652

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Honestly with all the books getting cancelled, and a bunch of new books coming out, combined with the success of the Flash book over the last couple years, I could very easily see a Flash Family title spinning out of Flash War.
    One can hope that the gang is finally reunited! I don’t mind Wally sharing a title with the original Flash family. That is much preferable than the purgatory that is Titans.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 04-13-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    So Wally is confirmed to be out of Titans now.

Discuss.
    Probably one of the better things to happen to him since coming back. Limbo has to be better than being stuck in Abnett's Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    One can hope that the gang is finally reunited! I don’t mind Wally sharing a title with the original Flash family.
    Know what? This could actually be a really fun set-up. The classic Flash Family was never Barry's...but the current one is. So let the main book have Barry, NuWally, August and Meena (is she sticking around?) with occasional appearances from Avery (who will hopefully continue to have her own team's book as her main home) while Wally's book has himself and all the Pre-Flashpoint Family members.

Then in two years we can have Flash War II where ALL of them go to war!...written by Brian Michael Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Probably one of the better things to happen to him since coming back. Limbo has to be better than being stuck in Abnett's Titans.
    Do you honestly feel that the current situation is worse for Wally than the years he was gone during the Nu52?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Then Iris steps in and tells both of them, that they are BOTH Flash!
    We all know Iris would say "We are the Flash" .
    Know what? This could actually be a really fun set-up. The classic Flash Family was never Barry's...but the current one is. So let the main book have Barry, NuWally, August and Meena (is she sticking around?) with occasional appearances from Avery (who will hopefully continue to have her own team's book as her main home) while Wally's book has himself and all the Pre-Flashpoint Family members.
    I'd like to see a big Flash Family shared between both Barry and Wally .

Then in two years we can have Flash War II where ALL of them go to war!...written by Brian Michael Bendis.
    BAHAHAHA!!!!!! I laughed out loud at that! A side from the BMB Flash War II that would be fun though!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    BAHAHAHA!!!!!! I laughed out loud at that! A side from the BMB Flash War II that would be fun though!
    Maybe a Flash War II could be a Flash Family vs. Every Evil Speedster story ?

Do you honestly feel that the current situation is worse for Wally than the years he was gone during the Nu52?
    Well there is a difference. In the New 52 Wally didn't exist rather than being stuck in limbo, and DC even tried to pass off NuWally as the real one before realizing how stupid that was. So now it depends if you would rather have a character written badly or not being written at all. I'm fine with him being put in limbo until they actually figure what to do with Wally verses him being stuck in Abnett's Titans which has been a mess.

I mean they have pretty much squandered all of hype of Wally coming back in Rebirth already, but he is back and he will land somewhere eventually. Maybe a Garth or a Lilith are completely screwed, but Wally will eventually land somewhere. I'd rather that be in a place that actually knows what it is doing.

I mean they have pretty much squandered all of hype of Wally coming back in Rebirth already, but he is back and he will land somewhere eventually. Maybe a Garth or a Lilith are completely screwed, but Wally will eventually land somewhere. I'd rather that be in a place that actually knows what it is doing.
    Garth's always got Aquaman at least.

BANNED

Lots of people here have voted for a Flash team title. I think it would sell fine. If you haven't seen the poll or haven't voted yet, you can go here:

http://community.comicbookresources....ed-Speed-Force

Fantastic Member

I mean they have pretty much squandered all of hype of Wally coming back in Rebirth already, but he is back and he will land somewhere eventually.
    I'm not nearly as confident about that as you appear to be. I think Wally getting benched after only being back for two years would essentially be the beginning of the end for his character again.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I'm not nearly as confident about that as you appear to be. I think Wally getting benched after only being back for two years would essentially be the beginning of the end for his character again.
    Being in a really badly handled book can't be doing anything for his character though and that's the rub. On the whole I'd rather have him in a really good book instead of with the Titans and to my mind even being in limbo for a time would be preferable to being stuck in a bad book. That's just my opinion though.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Being part of a team is important though and he's nowhere to be found. He's also not a permanent member of Flash cast, he'll leave once the Flash War is over. And since he won't get a book, you can connect the dots.
    Well, who knows? Maybe the very fact that he is no longer in Titans means that DC has some other plans for him. I've been saying for a while that I think he's going to play some sort of role in Doomsday Clock (or whatever Doomsday Clock is leading up to), given that he's the poster boy for the fact that the DC timeline is currently broken.

Astonishing Member

Well there is a difference. In the New 52 Wally didn't exist rather than being stuck in limbo, and DC even tried to pass off NuWally as the real one before realizing how stupid that was. So now it depends if you would rather have a character written badly or not being written at all. I'm fine with him being put in limbo until they actually figure what to do with Wally verses him being stuck in Abnett's Titans which has been a mess.

This runs the issue of what many in DC actually prefer: Never figuring out anything for him. Leaving him to rot while pushing Barry and NuWally as the Flashes of relevance because NuWally facilitates Barry being the main Flash in a way that the Wally we've known for years does not. It's why he exists.

Mighty Member

Very, very indifferent towards the character. Meh but from what I've seen, he's doing alright. As long as Barry is The Flash. I have no problems with him.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member

I’d actually wanna see an arc or two where Barry gets depowered and Wally has to take over as the main Flash. Or where the Speed Force can only work for one of them at a time and they agree to hand off powers every other week.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 04-13-2018 at 06:42 PM.