View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 12 of 111 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    For us comic fans, it's often better that we DON'T get everything we want. If we did, the results would probably be catastrophic.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Exactly. I'm sure we all have our own ideas for what would make the DCU better, but the thing is, a lot of our ideas are so radical than unless you got top notch writers for every one of your ideal books, it's all gonna fall apart.

BANNED

LOL you guys want to know what my ridiculous expectation for Wally West is? You're not going to believe this. *clears throat* Include this character in more than 1 book a month so he doesn't feel sidelined.

I know I know, what a selfish and absurd expectation. Why would anyone want a character to appear more than once a month in a supporting role unless they were selfish egomaniacs?

*groans* Again, its hard to believe certain people like this character at all when they find any criticism of his treatment to be funny or ridiculous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    LOL you guys want to know what my ridiculous expectation for Wally West is? You're not going to believe this. *clears throat* Include this character in more than 1 book a month so he doesn't feel sidelined.

I know I know, what a selfish and absurd expectation. Why would anyone want a character to appear more than once a month in a supporting role unless they were selfish egomaniacs?

*groans* Again, its hard to believe certain people like this character at all when they find any criticism of his treatment to be funny or ridiculous.
    Hey man, I'm right there with you. Bart's my favorite speedster but Wally's my favorite Flash. You're just coming on a little strong. I'm the same way, we're both very passionate about our opinions. People just tend to misinterpret what you say when you let your emotions override what you say.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Hey man, I'm right there with you. Bart's my favorite speedster but Wally's my favorite Flash.
    Fixing Bart will probably be a more difficult project than fixing Wally. Wally will probably be good again with a few adjustments, but I don't know how DC will unsnarl the mess that's become of Bart. I think the only thing that could work is just have Bart reappear as Impulse, simply ignoring his short-lived Kid Flash and Flash eras. I don't know if fans would go for that, though.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Hey man, I'm right there with you. Bart's my favorite speedster but Wally's my favorite Flash. You're just coming on a little strong. I'm the same way, we're both very passionate about our opinions. People just tend to misinterpret what you say when you let your emotions override what you say.
    Well I come on strong because many fans, including a couple friends of mine, seem predetermined to believe that everything regarding this character is 100% perfectly fine and that nonstop focus on Barry and Nu Wally doesn't hurt original Wally one bit. It's frustrating to find so few people who agree with you on these things.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Fixing Bart will probably be a more difficult project than fixing Wally. Wally will probably be good again with a few adjustments, but I don't know how DC will unsnarl the mess that's become of Bart. I think the only thing that could work is just have Bart reappear as Impulse, simply ignoring his short-lived Kid Flash and Flash eras. I don't know if fans would go for that, though.

As opiniated as I am, I tend to not go full-on fanboy on this board.

So, allow me to go full on fanboy for just one minute, to make a simple tiny-bit point:

THAT THING IS NOT, IN ANY WAY, BART!

There, now I feel better.

Just make that kid Inertia, or completely erase Lobdell's Titans (continuity is as fluid as it can get right now, so what better time?)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I think fans would be okay with that.

I personally think that since Bart became a White Flash after Kid Flash: Lost (Thanks Barry ) he's the one that helped to get Wally out, so I'll be okay with him showing up with the Kid Flash mantle, sunglasses and saying "Dang man, that sucked!" And then he sees cousin Nu!Wally being KF and decides to get his old Impulse costume out of the closet

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

So, allow me to go full on fanboy for just one minute, to make a simple tiny-bit point:

Just make that kid Inertia, or completely erase Lobdell's Titans (continuity is as fluid as it can get right now, so what better time?)
    I am personally praying that the n52 titans are just an abomination made with Manhattan and the real ones are in cells waiting for someone to rescue them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    If someone is being disrespected here is Donna, she is way too good for either Roy or Wally
    Sadly when it comes to romance Donna just the walking figure of BAD LUCK for any guy attracted to her.

Incredible Member

I remember reading COIE # 7 and reacting, "OMG! THEY KILLED SUPERGIRL!"

I thought that *had* to be the peak of intensity. What else would/could they do to top that?

Then a few weeks later, COIE # 8 hits the stands, and I react, "OMG! THEY KILLED FLASH TOO!"

At that point, I stopped reading CRISIS...not because I didn't like it, but because I was too distracted by my then newfound love for mecha anime (it was a time of ROBOTECH fandom, and I had just discovered MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM too). While I caught the deaths of Kara and Barry, I didn't know about the full on CONTINUITY REBOOT that spun out of COIE # 10 (which I didn't get around to reading until years later). I must say I was awfully confused when I got back into the DCU a few years later when Robin (Jason Todd) was killed.

Excuse me.....but did you say ROBOTECH?

*points at VF-1 Skull Squadron wallpaper*

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

Are we talking about Bar Torr, BD? If we are, I think the only remedy for Bar Torr is to just pretend he never existed, which isn't that hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Excuse me.....but did you say ROBOTECH?

*points at VF-1 Skull Squadron wallpaper*
    Yeah...ROBOTECH.

I was collecting Comico's ROBOTECH series at the time, and temporarily said good-bye to American superheroes. A DEATH IN THE FAMILY and Robin's controversial demise lured me back.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Are we talking about Bar Torr, BD? If we are, I think the only remedy for Bar Torr is to just pretend he never existed, which isn't that hard to do.

Yes. Yes, we are.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Sadly when it comes to romance Donna just the walking figure of BAD LUCK for any guy attracted to her.
    She is just like Dick, she likes redheads, but Dick has better taste choosing said redheads.

BANNED

Oh, no, I WANT Bar Torr to exist...and I want the REAL Bart Allen to beat the snot out of him. Likewise with Kon and Cassie's counterparts.