View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 13 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Oh, no, I WANT Bar Torr to exist...and I want the REAL Bart Allen to beat the snot out of him. Likewise with Kon and Cassie's counterparts.
    How about this as a compromise? Bar Torr exists just long enough for Bart Allen to RETCON PUNCH him into oblivion?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    How about this as a compromise? Bar Torr exists just long enough for Bart Allen to RETCON PUNCH him into oblivion?

Bart can come back and Bar Torr is pushed onto the Speed Force

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

I knew the whole bringing Wally back thing was going to a sham. DC for better or worse really wants what they established in the New 52 to work. Wally coming back was just sort of a fan servicy type situation where they wanted to generate some extra hype, but I doubt they had any intention of actually making him a big part of the universe like he was Post-Crisis.

It pains me to be so cynical but after all these years of unwanted changes and hyped up meaningless events it's hard to stay motivated. :P

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    Wally coming back was just sort of a fan servicy type situation where they wanted to generate some extra hype
    I don't believe it was about hype.

The thing is, anything DC did that did not include bringing back Wally would seem hollow at this point.

I still have faith that he will be in a better place than he is now after whatever event thing comes next. I hope it comes with a better uniform (a proper Flash needs proper boots).
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Fixing Bart will probably be a more difficult project than fixing Wally. Wally will probably be good again with a few adjustments, but I don't know how DC will unsnarl the mess that's become of Bart. I think the only thing that could work is just have Bart reappear as Impulse, simply ignoring his short-lived Kid Flash and Flash eras. I don't know if fans would go for that, though.

The problem with fixing Bart is they still have the same issue that lead to New 52 Bart in the first place. Do they want Barry to be a grandfather and his love life predetermined?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-10-2017 at 10:46 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The problem with fixing Bart is they still have the same issue that lead to New 52 Bart in the first place. Do they want Barry to be a grandfather and his love life predetermined?
    To be fair, Bart being "from the future" kinds of neuters the problem.

That, and DC stopped with that "everyone is 24" BS. Damn, we have a Super-sons ongoing!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Ya, but we also have a Flash TV show with a rather young Barry who like to date women other than Iris. Movie Barry looks pretty young too. Now i didn't stick with rebirth Flash, so maybe this would no longer be an issue for Flash. Like you say we have a Super-Sons ongoing. Does being a grandfather and having predetermined kids with Iris fit with the current Flash now?
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-11-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Ya, but we also have a Flash TV show with a rather young Barry who like to date women other than Iris. Movie Barry looks pretty young too. Now i didn't stick with rebirth Flash, so maybe this is would no longer be an issue for Flash. Like you say we have a Super-Sons ongoing. Does being a grandfather and having predetermined kids with Iris fit with the current Flash now?
    to be fair Iris and Barry are currently engaged in the show so maybe synergy won't be the problem? though then again she's also destined to be stabbed to death by an evil speedster like all of Barry's other loved ones, so there is also that. Maybe they should keep Bart's grandmother ambiguous. I liked Patty better than Iris anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    I knew the whole bringing Wally back thing was going to a sham. DC for better or worse really wants what they established in the New 52 to work. Wally coming back was just sort of a fan servicy type situation where they wanted to generate some extra hype, but I doubt they had any intention of actually making him a big part of the universe like he was Post-Crisis.

It pains me to be so cynical but after all these years of unwanted changes and hyped up meaningless events it's hard to stay motivated. :P
    Yeah, it's increasingly clear that there's no love for Wally at DC anymore. They still seem to be pushing Nu Wally to be his permanent replacement, a couple more years of sidelining Ginger Wally and pushing the new version and it's over.

Ya, but we also have a Flash TV show with a rather young Barry who like to date women other than Iris. Movie Barry looks pretty young too. Now i didn't stick with rebirth Flash, so maybe this would no longer be an issue for Flash. Like you say we have a Super-Sons ongoing. Does being a grandfather and having predetermined kids with Iris fit with the current Flash now?
    That damn show, the only reason Nu Wally is still around at all. Flash CW could have done a huge favor for original Wally by including him but the chance of that happening is increasingly close to zero. Same with the DCEU, a movie appearance could singlehandedly save the character but it's a very, very low chance.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 04-11-2017 at 04:08 AM.

Young Justice if he comes back could also do wonders fot his hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yeah, it's increasingly clear that there's no love for Wally at DC anymore. They still seem to be pushing Nu Wally to be his permanent replacement, a couple more years of sidelining Ginger Wally and pushing the new version and it's over.
    I mean...it's been obvious since always. Rebirth was nothing but shut up his fans.

Titans is nothing but a containment book for characters who are useless to DC but have obnoxious fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I mean...it's been obvious since always. Rebirth was nothing but shut up his fans.

Titans is nothing but a containment book for characters who are useless to DC but have obnoxious fans.
    THey even tricked many Wally fans into supporting Barry's book by including Wally in the Rebirth issue, making it look like Wally would play a role in it, and excluding him from the rest of the series. By the time that became clear many readers were already sucked into the story.

Too bad that run is selling so well, now DC knows for sure that Ginger Wally isn't needed for the Flash franchise to succeed. It's why I avoid anything Flash related that ignores Wally, it's the only way to send the message that the character matters.

I thought you liked Titans?

I thought you liked Titans?

I don't necessarily agree and think the Titans franchise should have multiple titles starring the different "generations", but: