View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 14 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

The entire Flashverse needs to be fixed. OG Wally's return is a step in the right direction.

And the issue where OG Wally and NuWally meet? Please, please, more of that.

I'm giving DC a chance at the very least. Put me on Team Cautiously Optimistic. Especially with OG Jay coming back.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 04-11-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, but we also have a Flash TV show with a rather young Barry who like to date women other than Iris. Movie Barry looks pretty young too. Now i didn't stick with rebirth Flash, so maybe this would no longer be an issue for Flash. Like you say we have a Super-Sons ongoing. Does being a grandfather and having predetermined kids with Iris fit with the current Flash now?
    Williamson is slowly but surely re-establishing Barry and Iris's romance and he's talked about his plans to bring back Bart (and Max) before. I feel like that would all go together quite well .

Even on the TV show, despite being dating other women at certain points, Barry has always had eyes for Iris. I imagine that's going to be the same for DCEU Flash given they've already cast Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    The entire Flashverse needs to be fixed. OG Wally's return is a step in the right direction.

And the issue where OG Wally and NuWally meet? Please, please, more of that.

I'm giving DC a chance at the very least. Put me on Team Cautiously Optimistic. Especially with OG Jay coming back.
    With Lazarus Contract would be a perfect opportunity to bond Wally with his cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I thought you liked Titans?
    I enjoy the book for what it is: A limbo for D-list characters doubled with safe writing, garbage art with Dick thrown in. DC has never cared for Wally West, this will not change overnight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    That damn show, the only reason Nu Wally is still around at all. Flash CW could have done a huge favor for original Wally by including him but the chance of that happening is increasingly close to zero.
    What do you mean by "original Wally"? What would it have taken to make the CW TV version of Wally the "original Wally"?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    What do you mean by "original Wally"? What would it have taken to make the CW TV version of Wally the "original Wally"?
    Yeah, I don't get the idea that show Wally is NuWally either.

He's show Wally; and outside of his appearance he's closer to Messner Loebs Wally than anything done to NuWally so far.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    DC has never cared for Wally West, this will not change overnight.
    I suppose it could be argued that DC is a company, and has such has no feelings for any character...

But to suggest that none of the main guys at DC have never cared for Wally is just unsustainable. He was the main Flash for over 20 years during which period they employed top writers and artists to portray him...the Waid and Johns runs enjoy tremendous popularity to this day.

All that happened because key decision makers liked Wally...none of it was an accident, and the Flash "franchise" could have been taken in other directions if nobody cared for Wally.

Titans is nothing but a containment book for characters who are useless to DC but have obnoxious fans.
    I enjoy the book for what it is: A limbo for D-list characters doubled with safe writing, garbage art with Dick thrown in. DC has never cared for Wally West, this will not change overnight.
    What the what? Ive been more or less been saying this about the Titans from the beginning and you guys have been fighting me on it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-11-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I suppose it could be argued that DC is a company, and has such has no feelings for any character...

But to suggest that none of the main guys at DC have never cared for Wally is just unsustainable. He was the main Flash for over 20 years during which period they employed top writers and artists to portray him...the Waid and Johns runs enjoy tremendous popularity to this day.

All that happened because key decision makers liked Wally...none of it was an accident, and the Flash "franchise" could have been taken in other directions if nobody cared for Wally.
    Wally has been nowhere but at his lowest since the key person became "Dan Didio".

Wally has been nowhere but at his lowest since the key person became "Dan Didio".
    Big change from your earlier statement.

What's the big change? Semantics? Modern DC has treated Wally like dirt. It's not going to change over night.

BANNED

Doesn't make the new statement any less true.

What's the big change? Semantics? Modern DC has treated Wally like dirt. It's not going to change over night.
    Well seeing as "semantics" is the study of meaning...yes the fact that the two statements have completely different meanings is a "question of semantics"!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the idea that show Wally is NuWally either.

He's show Wally; and outside of his appearance he's closer to Messner Loebs Wally than anything done to NuWally so far.
    The only thing that makes Nu!Wally and CW Wally similar is that they are both black. And imo we are overestimating how much influence CWDC has on the comics,.

Well seeing as "semantics" is the study of meaning...yes the fact that the two statements have completely different meanings is a "question of semantics"!
    You are missing the point of what I'm trying to say here.

You can't prove me wrong, as long as Dan Didio is the main guy, Wally's stuck in monthly books no one cares about.