View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 52 of 111 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The New Teen Titans franchise had already been diminished back in the last century, way before there were any cable TV cartoon shows about them.
    After the Wolfman/Perez team left the series, it was never the same again.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Reposted from the Teen Titans Annual thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I've seen at least 2 posts today saying they're excited for my thoughts on this issue. I don't know if I should take that as a compliment, but it cracked me up a little.

I told you so. I told you guys so many times that Wally West is being treated like sh*t right now and that the company hates him. I told you Nu Wally West was interfering with OG Wally's development, and that they want fans to empathize with him over the original character. "But noooooooo!" some fans responded. "They aren't REALLY screwing Wally up, right? They don't REALLY hate this character. He's BACK! What could possibly go wrong?"

Well, WAS I RIGHT OR WHAT?

They completely screwed over ANY development for Ginger Wally so Nu Wally could be the focus. That kid is a parasite, his existence is a disease for OG Wally and if you care about the original character you should start hating his cousin as much as I do. OG Wally didn't do ANYTHING interesting in this one, get ANY character development from this story. Except that he has a heart condition now and has to move away from crimefighting, BECAUSE ISNT THAT WHAT WE ALL WANTED!!? DC. Hates. Wally. West. Every one of the writers let him down. This would have been the perfect chance to do stuff with him, even develop his relationship with the other Wally, but they blew it. Because F$&! Ginger Wally, he's just some stupid redhead that only crusty old fans care about. Drive him into the ground!

Aside from that, Damian was an insufferable monster with zero likability, Dick was beyond useless and pathetic, Deathstroke's story was too rushed to have any impact, and everyone else in the crossover was window dressing. What a pathetic showing for everyone involved. Between this and Monster Men, it's clear that DC still has no idea how to plan crossovers. They don't give a damn about the quality, they just rush them out for a quick buck. Not since the New 52 have I felt so ripped off by a comic I bought. Lazarus Contract... is as bad as the Culling.
    Anyone who wants to admit I was right all along, I promise I won't be rude or hold anything against you.

BANNED

Anyone who wants to admit I was right all along, I promise I won't be rude or hold anything against you.

I had the same thoughts as you but I pretty much saw the end days for Wally when Flash Rebirth was going to happen, as a Kyle fan I saw how that turned out so I braced myself for f'ery and I wasn't disappointed. I browsed here and there with nuWally and didn't see anything to make me want to stick around so I left until OG Wally came back BUT I still expected bs cause DC hates characters I like and DC never fails in making sure when it comes to Wally they don't want my money or for me to even read it in a comic store

You were right. Lazarus Contract honestly ruined my day. That's how much i want to see Wally succeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    You were right. Lazarus Contract honestly ruined my day. That's how much i want to see Wally succeed.
    My condolences. I feel like crying right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I had the same thoughts as you but I pretty much saw the end days for Wally when Flash Rebirth was going to happen, as a Kyle fan I saw how that turned out so I braced myself for f'ery and I wasn't disappointed. I browsed here and there with nuWally and didn't see anything to make me want to stick around so I left until OG Wally came back BUT I still expected bs cause DC hates characters I like and DC never fails in making sure when it comes to Wally they don't want my money or for me to even read it in a comic store
    This isn't right. It's not normal for companies to conspire against fans like that, screwing over things we care about because they don't. It's almost sadistic.
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 05-31-2017 at 04:29 PM.

BANNED

Yeah, I can admit when I was wrong. I knew from the start that DC didn't really care about him and only brought him back as a half-hearted apology, but I thought that they'd actually TRY to treat him well to continue that apology.

Clearly I was wrong, and, while the subject matter is different, this video sums up my feelings perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeaGJRV-whU

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Yeah, I can admit when I was wrong. I knew from the start that DC didn't really care about him and only brought him back as a half-hearted apology, but I thought that they'd actually TRY to treat him well to continue that apology.

Clearly I was wrong, and, while the subject matter is different, this video sums up my feelings perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeaGJRV-whU
    At first I felt like this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8-r-V0uK4u0

But now I feel like this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wy59p5FEDA8

Did anyone see any hint of this on Bleeding Cool today?

Or, was Rich just as surprised as the rest of us were?

BANNED

My condolences. I feel like crying right now.

This isn't right. It's not normal for companies to conspire against fans like that, screwing over things we care about because they don't. It's almost sadistic.

Nope it isn't right and it's why when someone says Rebirth has just been amazing I give them the side eye

BANNED

Nope it isn't right and it's why when someone says Rebirth has just been amazing I give them the side eye
    Yeah, with Titans and Teen Titans in their current states, I'm down to 6 Rebirth books I can confidently keep on my pull.

BANNED

It's hard to believe I was optimistically excited about Rebirth just a few months ago. Boy have my feelings done a 180.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Okay, death of friend out of the blue....now

WTF HAPPENED! Why the last posts about Wally being fucked?! Spoilers and links please asap so I can be angry too and take mind off grief. Not joking.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Okay, death of friend out of the blue....now

WTF HAPPENED! Why the last posts about Wally being fucked?! Spoilers and links please asap so I can be angry too and take mind off grief. Not joking.
    They made Wally into a coward who ran away from Deathstroke without trying to fight. Then when the Titans went back in time and saw their younger selves, Damian KILLED young Wally, stopping his heart as part of a plan that made no sense whatsoever, and while they were able to resuscitate young Wally, it has now been retconned into Wally's entire history that he has had a pacemaker since his Kid Flash days, and being the Flash could kill him.

And Wally's best friend, Dick, seemingly isn't going to reprimand Damian for doing this to him.

It's absolute crap, and this is just Wally related stuff. Go to the Lazarus Contract thread if you want to see everything else WRONG with this issue.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think the point he is trying to make is wait and see before a final judgement is tossed out.

Not to mimic that behavior we still see towards Marvel. Where no one is allowed to tell a story without some entitlement crew going nuts. Especially those who hate certain books and characters for being around.

Remember all these books took editorial orders from JOHNS as the Batman writer you hate-King stated many times before while talking about your favorite target of bashing-Duke.

With that in mind-a direction was set for the books for a period of time as it related to whatever Watch Man event they have planned for certain books. Once that is over maybe we will see more guys get more development.

Nobody expected Wally to be fixed in 2-6 months.

Much like with Duke the book Wally is in-is not called Wally West. So no one should expected a Titans book to be about him 24/7.
    I admit that's why I'm not really sweating over Wally's new pacemaker. Yet. I mean, they're bringing back so many aspects of the Flash family and recent books had that sort of warm family/legacy element already.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    They made Wally into a coward who ran away from Deathstroke without trying to fight. Then when the Titans went back in time and saw their younger selves, Damian KILLED young Wally, stopping his heart as part of a plan that made no sense whatsoever, and while they were able to resuscitate young Wally, it has now been retconned into Wally's entire history that he has had a pacemaker since his Kid Flash days, and being the Flash could kill him.

And Wally's best friend, Dick, seemingly isn't going to reprimand Damian for doing this to him.

It's absolute crap, and this is just Wally related stuff. Go to the Lazarus Contract thread if you want to see everything else WRONG with this issue.
    I went looking up scans and reading blogs.

Yesterday I saw the 'coward' scenes and thought that was both horribly ooc and just plain wrong enough even for a guest appearance in another character's book. Bad right up there with Wally's xover with Wonder Woman decade or so back.

This. Was. Horrible. Not just with what they did with Wally either. I'm now thinking that this book might actually supplant the tie of Act of God/Flashpoint for my least favorite DC story of all time. There had better be a major fix right soon. Something of the order of Dr. Manhattan personally retconning this retcon. Damien is a little Sh*, but he was an okay little Sh*. He didn't deserve this awful bit of writing/plot direction any more than ginger Wally.

Just when I was getting comfortable buying DC after the clusterf* that was my short stint into Marvel. Maybe I'll just go back to reading classic literature and classic The Flash rather than stupid stuff like a character killing another character so that it can somehow/way cut off the speedforce tied to yet another character which is fueling yet another character.... That just makes my head hurt. Who wrote this drivel? This was worse than killing off Barry's parents and the Kents.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)