View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 60 of 111 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Well, they could always offer me an executive position at DC Comics...

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    If there's a petition regarding that, I would sign it!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Well, they could always offer me an executive position at DC Comics...

You do have management experience in at least human resources and negotiations. I'd vouch for you.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I'm trying a different approach...respectfully asking for more multiple speedster stories (Flashes and friends) along with physical items like a statue of Wally and Barry during Rebirth's closing scenes. Which would be totally awesome.

Be respectful and tie your requests with potential dollar signs. At worst I just wasted a couple of minutes.
    You can still request it on twitter in a respective manner. Believe me, it's more effective.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

If I were President of DC Comics, it'd be a nightmare or dream come true depending on how you like your DC. For one thing, there'd likely be a glut of characters because I wouldn't let anybody other than villainous mooks die on my watch.

There'd be a hell of a lot more Multiverse stories, that'd be certain.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yes, it can be done. Will it be done with this management (or any other, to tell you the truth)? I seriously doubt it, BA.
    Yeah, the only way for Wally to make any progress is for Barry to exhaust his appeal and popularity, and for management to replace him with Wally again, burying Barry in the process. At this rate we're more likely to see Nu Wally become the main Flash someday.

It's pointless to be both a Barry and a Wally fan, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment no matter what happens. Might as well pick a side.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    You can still request it on twitter in a respective manner. Believe me, it's more effective.
    100% agree. If you're disrespectful and/or abusive with a creator, you're losing the debate.

I'm also hoping for both getting solo ongoings. Barry is probably never going nowhere because every adaptation will always start with him as the Flash. Hell even when Wally was the Flash in the comics and Barry had been dead for years, the Flash TV series used Barry Allen. I want Wally to have his own ongoing in Keystone City

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yeah, the only way for Wally to make any progress is for Barry to exhaust his appeal and popularity, and for management to replace him with Wally again, burying Barry in the process. At this rate we're more likely to see Nu Wally become the main Flash someday.
    I honestly don't see Barry out of the spotlight for at least a generation now, Atlanta. Before the television show? Anything was possible. But now with a successful show and possibly a hit movie in the works? Nah. Like John Stewart, Wally needed the live-action approach 15 years ago to have ensured their future viability throughout the entertainment world. Crappy luck, IMO.

The vagaries of life, my friend.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I don't do social media like Twitter. Forums are the only social thing I do outside of work. Not willing to sign up for even work purposes.

But I can do emails and search requests at their DC store. Wally West searches. (They have some beautiful merchandise there, but not one Wally. Surprise.)

If I were President of DC Comics, it'd be a nightmare or dream come true depending on how you like your DC. For one thing, there'd likely be a glut of characters because I wouldn't let anybody other than villainous mooks die on my watch.

There'd be a hell of a lot more Multiverse stories, that'd be certain.

Crisis of Infinite Flashes!

"Wally, we have a problem."
    "I know."
    "Everyone ran in the same direction and speed...."
    "The Earth is out of orbit. Damn."
    Last edited by Kyer; 06-02-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

I honestly don't see Barry out of the spotlight for at least a generation now, Atlanta. Before the television show? Anything was possible. But now with a successful show and possibly a hit movie in the works? Nah. Like John Stewart, Wally needed the live-action approach 15 years ago to have ensured their future viability throughout the entertainment world. Crappy luck, IMO.

The vagaries of life, my friend.
    I am aware of that. Why do you think I hate Barry so much?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

It was frustrating how back then it was "We need to use dead Barry instead of current Wally because Barry is iconic." Now it was "We need to use Barry because Wally doesn't exist." Or something. Suppose we were 'lucky' to get Wally in JL and JLU.
    I just don't watch the TV shows and have no plan to see the movie. The latter is more because I think at least two of the characters look like offal compared to what they should look like based on any of their appearances in the comics. The former is because I am still pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I am aware of that. Why do you think I hate Barry so much?
    But it isn't Barry! If Wally had maintained his sales throughout this century and had never been replaced by Bart, there is no Barry. The latter would still be the martyr of COIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    It was frustrating how back then it was "We need to use dead Barry instead of current Wally because Barry is iconic." Now it was "We need to use Barry because Wally doesn't exist." Or something. Suppose we were 'lucky' to get Wally in JL and JLU.
    I just don't watch the TV shows and have no plan to see the movie. The latter is more because I think at least two of the characters look like offal compared to what they should look like based on any of their appearances in the comics. The former is because I am still pissed.
    Back in '90, no Flash was iconic outside of the comics world. I never understood why Wally wasn't the star of the John Wesley Shipp show (can't blame current DC management! )

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Back in '90, no Flash was iconic outside of the comics world. I never understood why Wally wasn't the star of the John Wesley Shipp show (can't blame current DC management! )
    It would make for an interesting memoirs book.

Of course, they didn't even get 'Barry' right back then: brunette, brown eyes. Seriously. DC Entertainment is color blind and not in a good way.

BANNED

Isn't Marvel simultaneously publishing both SAM WILSON: CAPTAIN AMERICA and STEVE ROGERS: CAPTAIN AMERICA titles? I was just thinking the other day that it would be cool if DC could publish BARRY ALLEN: THE FLASH and WALLY WEST: THE FLASH titles at the same time, with occasional crossovers between the two where a case starts in one book and then ends in the other.

That idea is supposed to end with Secret Empire ends.