View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

it's a nice cover though.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know, I think a love triangle in a comic can be pretty darn important, especially if it's being promoted in solicits .
    Especially if Wally is going to be dating DONNA TROY. We ALL should have such "bad treatment!"

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Especially if Wally is going to be dating DONNA TROY. We ALL should have such "bad treatment!"

If someone is being disrespected here is Donna, she is way too good for either Roy or Wally

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    We've got another one.
    Attachment 47872

Even a year and 2 months after his return, they still have no visible plans for Wally. Barry gets to investigate the Rebirth mystery with Batman, Wally is stuck in a bloody love triangle subplot. This characters future looks worse every month.
    Not that I blame him for (seemingly) going after Donna, but what about Linda?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Indeed. I thought she was a cutie when she still had her ponytail back in the '70s.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Its a love triangle for the sake of drama that won't be important in the long run. What meaningful effects will it possibly have on Wally or his role in the DCU?

Good for his love life. Now if we can get back to discussing his actual character...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Atlanta96; 04-10-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Its a love triangle for the sake of drama that won't be important in the long run. What meaningful effects will it possibly have on Wally or his role in the DCU?

Good for his love life. Now if we can get back to discussing his actual character...
    Well, considering that besides the love triangle there is a traitor among them, I'd say it's a huge deal for the Titans' relationships with each other. Barry gets to investigate Flashpoint with Batman because he is still the main gun of the flashfam and he's the one responsible for this mess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Well, considering that besides the love triangle there is a traitor among them, I'd say it's a huge deal for the Titans' relationships with each other. Barry gets to investigate Flashpoint with Batman because he is still the main gun of the flashfam and he's the one responsible for this mess.
    But how the heck is it going to improve Wally's standing in the DCU? He's still being relegated to Titans as a C-list hero and a bit of drama doesn't change anything. At this point in Barry's return he wasn't doing love triangles in a mid tier book, he was ubiquitous. They are NOT doing everything they can with Wally and I know this because they're doing more with Nu Wally at the moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Double post.

Incredible Member

No disrespect to Donna and Garth, I like those guys, but they were never as big as Wally. Not even close. They've done Wally a much worse disservice overall.
    Meanwhile on a milk carton in Manchester, Alabama.....

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post

This poor boy has been mistreated since Graduation Day.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post

At the very least, when Bart DOES return, since NuWally is Kid Flash, Bart will get to be Impulse again, and hopefully with his old personality and giant hair in toe.

Honestly, its been 14 years since I got to see my 10th favorite DC hero and favorite speedster be himself. I can wait a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Not that I blame him for (seemingly) going after Donna, but what about Linda?
    At the moment, Linda doesn't know him (not like she used to), and Wally doesn't seem to have any ideas about just how to fix that. Maybe the outcome of REBIRTH will shed some light on this.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    At the very least, when Bart DOES return, since NuWally is Kid Flash, Bart will get to be Impulse again, and hopefully with his old personality and giant hair in toe.

Honestly, its been 14 years since I got to see my 10th favorite DC hero and favorite speedster be himself. I can wait a little longer.
    Fourteen whole years have passed here on Earth-Reality since Bart Allen was last depicted as Impulse? Time really flies.

Truly, nearly a decade has passed since Barry returned to life, and it *still* feels like he only arrived lately.

BANNED

Fourteen whole years have passed here on Earth-Reality since Bart Allen was last depicted as Impulse? Time really flies.

Truly, nearly a decade has passed since Barry returned to life, and it *still* feels like he only arrived lately.

I know what you mean! It feels like I only yesterday I was cursing out the Johns' Titans for the first time, and being shocked at just HOW bad Flash Rebirth was.