View Poll Results: Does the Rebirth era do justice to the original Wally West?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's exactly what Wally needs

21 35.00%
  • No, he's been underused

39 65.00%
Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1652
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    He really is. When they implied him to be superior to Barry, a lot of fans went berserk. Majority is indifferent after his character development, but he is far from fan favourite. There is a reason why he is not highlighted in Barry's absence even when that should be the case.

I also saw a lot of people wanting OG Wally to appear as an AU counterpart as well. Add on actor's terrible delivery and I don't know how one could expect him to outshine cartoon versions.
    You know what the worst part is? Even if he wasn't the lead, the show would've been the perfect chance to build up a Wally fanbase with the general public. It's the first version of Wally and the Kid Flash identity seen by millions of people of all ages, and could've made him a great fan favorite character if done right. But they screwed up so freaking bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FullmetalSpeedster26 View Post
    Given that Ginger Wally has both a great fanbase from the Justice League & more recently the Young Justice cartoons there is no way that Ginger Wally would be sidelined to the point where no one cares about him anymore. Besides DC already had to deal with fans asking for OG Wally to come back for 5 years. Who knows maybe if more fans demand a OG Wally West solo book maybe DC will cave in sooner or later and actually do it. There is no doubt that it would actually sell more than the Barry Flash comic since more people (including myself) prefer Wally over Barry.

Well Ginger Wally does have a recent fanbase with the young justice cartoon. No matter how much they put new 52 Wally in everything he will never outshine Ginger Wally.
    Yes, Ginger Wally has a large and dedicated fanbase at the moment (I know this because I'm one of them). But how long do you think it's going to last when DC consistently makes it a depressing chore to be an OG Wally West fan? They've been ruining this character every year for over a decade now, I can't point to a single great Wally story since the early days of Johns run. How can a character, who DC is doing everything they can to make people hate, and permanently replace with Nu Wally, possibly sustain this fanbase in the long run?

Wally is my Flash and I wish he'd get more. Also as for TV Flash Wally yes the actor is the weak link of the show and honestly I never found his Wally likeable. He wants to be a hero simply for glory and recognition and I never found that appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yes, Ginger Wally has a large and dedicated fanbase at the moment (I know this because I'm one of them). But how long do you think it's going to last when DC consistently makes it a depressing chore to be an OG Wally West fan? They've been ruining this character every year for over a decade now, I can't point to a single great Wally story since the early days of Johns run. How can a character, who DC is doing everything they can to make people hate, and permanently replace with Nu Wally, possibly sustain this fanbase in the long run?
    To be honest, Barry doesn't have a great story since he came back either. There is a general problem within Flash stories, Wally's Titans arc was much better than anything Barry had besides Running Scared. Flash in general needs a complete overhaul like Superman and Wonder Woman.

BANNED

To be honest, Barry doesn't have a great story since he came back either. There is a general problem within Flash stories, Wally's Titans arc was much better than anything Barry had besides Running Scared. Flash in general needs a complete overhaul like Superman and Wonder Woman.
    It doesn't matter, Barry has never been a good character. But DC makes being a Barry fan the most satisfying experience they possibly can, constantly highlighting him in comics and outside media. They've successfully used the credibility Wally gave to the Flash franchise with his run to turn Barry into one of the most popular superheroes on Earth, to the point that everyone except for longtime fans who know that Wally was screwed over all idolize Barry. He could have the shittiest comics ever and it wouldn't make a difference as long as DC was still obsessed with pushing him.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Actor is pretty subpar for CW so it has to do with both. If character was popular, he would have received push regardless of actor's performance.

I know you LOVE to portray Wally as a failure with passive aggressive tone but there is no need to do that here.
    Huh?! I have loved Wally for almost 50 years (next year) and own all of his DCU work. In fact, I have stated numerous times that I would have zero objections with having him return as the primary Flash.

BTW, what was passive-aggressive about the post you cited? Unlike some people on this website, I don't understand the bile reserved for fictional characters.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    As opposed to the others? The CW isn't exactly known for hiring master thespians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Tom Cavanaugh and Jesse Martin are amazing though. Better than the rest of the Arrowverse's cast put together IMO.
    I think this is really underselling the casts for all the Arrowverse shows, and all the hard work they put in even when the material isn't up to to snuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this is really underselling the casts for all the Arrowverse shows, and all the hard work they put in even when the material isn't up to to snuff.
    CW Supergirl has Katie McGarth and she's the best actress of it I hope Titans have better actors

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    CW Supergirl has Katie McGarth and she's the best actress of it I hope Titans have better actors
    She's in a cast with Melissa Benoist, David Harewood, Brenda Strong, and (sometimes) Calista Flockhart.

She's a great actress in a show chock-full of them in my opinion .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I feel the CW acting is bad in the same way I feel that network's shows are all about teenage angst - IOW, I don't, Frontier.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Work=/=Talent. A miscast actor on The Flash helped ruin one of my favorite characters, I'm not giving him the benefit of a doubt just because he tried.

Work=/=Talent. A miscast actor on The Flash helped ruin one of my favorite characters, I'm not giving him the benefit of a doubt just because he tried.
    And I don't think he ruined said character, but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

BANNED

And I don't think he ruined said character, but we'll just have to agree to disagree.
    If he didn't ruin the character then DC wouldn't be burying OG Wally so they could push Barry and Nu Wally as the faces of the Flash franchise.

If he didn't ruin the character then DC wouldn't be burying OG Wally so they could push Barry and Nu Wally as the faces of the Flash franchise.
    I don't think one is connected to the other.

BANNED

Even Gustin is a pretty competent leading man most of the time. Yes his character is basically a really stupid Peter Parker, but he has good acting chops for his age. But that Wally actor couldn't act his way out of a middle school play.
    It's not in the writing (I have other issues with that), and as I've said, Gustin IS talented, particularly when it comes to his vocal and dancing abilities, but the way he gives this performance...it honestly reminds of Dick Grayson. Just this whole nice guy persona with an omnipresent air of arrogance around it. It wasn't TOO bad in season 1, but he just became so irritating in season 2, it's part of why I dropped the show.

Wally's Titans arc was much better than anything Barry had besides Running Scared.
    If I'm being honest, while I certainly have problems with it, I actually thought Return of Wally West was decent and showed promise.

There are certainly other actors I believe have a lot of talent, primarily on Legends of Tomorrow. Manu Bennett is incredible as well, and while I haven't cared for any of his performances since season 1 of Arrow, John Barrowmen is still a treasure. But even so, I feel that Martin and Cavanaugh are far above the others (I'm reminded of an interview where James Marsters said his proudest acting moment on Buffy was any scene where we wasn't getting blown out of the water by Anthony Stewart Head) , and I do feel that, especially on Arrow and Flash, the casts acting abilities are VERY mixed. (Admittedly, It probably helps that Supergirl and Legends (as of Season 2) KNOW what kind of shows they are, for better or worse, whereas Flash and ESPECIALLY Arrow do not.)