Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm in the opposite boat, but will still be buying even if it's Bishop. I don't dislike the character. Just like Cable better.

And I like your avatar by the way. Very cool.
    I do too actually. I miss Bishop.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Fantastic Member

Ugh, such a boring lineup.

Rogue and Gambit together is a regression to the X-treme X-Men days. Rogue has been developed far more than that, but she has been victim of character assassination recently so I doubt Mavel cares (does anyone else remember the "she's the new wolverine" line?). The eternal drama between those two characters reeks more of stagnation than character development.

If that's Fantomex, then we'll have the same issue between him and Psylocke.

Looks like the X-Men's "rebirth" will be showered with 90s' nostalgia. And we all know how much of a big success the 90s were.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post

Rogue and Gambit together is a regression to the X-treme X-Men days. Rogue has been developed far more than that, but she has been victim of character assassination recently so I doubt Mavel cares (does anyone else remember the "she's the new wolverine" line?). The eternal drama between those two characters reeks more of stagnation than character development.

Looks like the X-Men's "rebirth" will be showered with 90s' nostalgia. And we all know how much of a big success the 90s were.
    To be fair it's also showered in '60s nostalgia (Blue) and '80s nostalgia (Gold).

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    To be fair it's also showered in '60s nostalgia (Blue) and '80s nostalgia (Gold).
    THIS! RexurrXion is all about nostalgia and none of it is all about the 90s. The books draw heavily from several different eras. Id throw in Weapon X representing the 10s and Gen X being the 00s

I can't decide if that's Fantomex or not. On the one hand, no swords and looks like he's wearing a jacket or vest (something puffy around the shoulders). So not Deadpool. But the gloves don't look right. Fanto has long gloves and those are short and end at the wrists. Might actually be Forge, which would be great.

Big gun guy I have no idea. Hair looks more like Bishop, but could be Cable. Tomorrow needs to hurry up...

Mighty Member

Hmm... OML? Ok, curious. Mystique and Rogue? Ok, now we're getting somewhere interesting. Psylocke? I'm totally indifferent, the character does nothing for me but I don't particularly dislike her. But then we get to Gambit. Ugh. Ok, so that sucks. The one X character that I legitimately hate. I know he has fans, especially on these boards, but I can't for the life of me understand why.

That leaves two obvious roster spots left. Cable would be nice. Deadpool would be ok. Bishop would be awesome, and well deserved at this point.

Personally, I'm hoping for Cable AND Bishop. I doubt I'll get both, especially given the image, but after their time as antagonists I'd love to see them have to work on the same team. Bishop makes this an automatic read, at least for the first arc. Cable keeps me interested enough to check out at least the first issue. Even in spite of Gambit. Guess we'll find out where I stand on this title, whatever it ends up titled, tomorrow.

thank god Betsy is in a book!

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post

Yeah , that would make three teams psylocke and fantomex would be on together- guess they can't stay away from each other, though I wish to god they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    THIS! RexurrXion is all about nostalgia and none of it is all about the 90s. The books draw heavily from several different eras. Id throw in Weapon X representing the 10s and Gen X being the 00s
    Shouldn't it be switched? Weapon X seems to be reminiscent of the early 2000's dark Decimation Era w/ Cyclops' Strike Force. Generation X is embracing the newfound diversity of the 2010's.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I do too actually. I miss Bishop.
    I want that big guy to be Bishop so bad, but I know they're going with Cable. It would be nice to see him and Gambit working together again.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Shouldn't it be switched? Weapon X seems to be reminiscent of the early 2000's dark Decimation Era w/ Cyclops' Strike Force. Generation X is embracing the newfound diversity of the 2010's.
    Both decades blur but I stand by this. Gen X features jubilee, a former student returning to mentor the new class of students, much like Dani (and the other New Mutants) did with new kids from the 00s. X-force has had many iterations in the 2010s and this seems like another iteration under a new name. Decimation wasn't in the early 2000s. It was mid 00s and that x-force debuted in 2008. It was just at the tail end and most of the X-force is associated with the current decade which featured a darker period for the X-Men and how they handled things
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-08-2017 at 09:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Cyclops' strike force started in 2008.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I really hope Fantomex is in this book, but at the same time, I don't know what he has been up to since Remender's run so Marvel may have ruined him since then.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

It's funny... They are ignoring the decade in which they had the most growth. I understand it was also the decade they nearly went out of business, but that was their fault and the X-Men were a huge part in keeping them afloat. Instead of Mystique, I would have loved to see like... Anyone else? Dazzler, Magik, Polaris, Sage, Frenzy... I'm glad to see Rogue but I was ready to not see her and resigned my expectations to see another X-Woman get some attention. I think Magik or Dazzler would have been a better attraction than Mystique. But I am concerned about Gambit and Rogue being in the same book and that close to each other on the cover. Sometimes covers let on more than you think in terms of character focus and panel time.

The cover tells me that the focus will be OML in some sense with Gambit and Psylocke playing close to him when they go adventures but are supporting cast, they small in appearance as to deflect attention to Wolverine. Rogue and Mystique, more centered will carry a shared sub plot while being essential to the story. Warren's in the rear but takes up a good chunk of the picture. He may not be very important in the beginning but may play a larger part down the road. Silhouette on the right is kind of springing forth through, which tells me they will be popping up in almost all the stories but not focused on specifically... Got no clue about right silhouette. All just my opinion and speculation.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Bishop and Fantomex revealed!