Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I like this issue, am enjoying the rebirth-run.

So, any theories about the kind of pills Gus takes?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robert View Post
    So, any theories about the kind of pills Gus takes?
    Well, if they are real, probably Ritalin or something. But that wouldn't explain why he needs to keep it a secret. So maybe something scifi.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Well, in the movie Limitless (2011) Eddie Morra (Bradley Cooper) took some pill to gain access to 100 percent of his brain.
    Without the drug, maybe Gus can't be Oracle anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by robert View Post
    Well, in the movie Limitless (2011) Eddie Morra (Bradley Cooper) took some pill to gain access to 100 percent of his brain.
    Without the drug, maybe Gus can't be Oracle anymore?
    Oh, gosh, I desperately hope the Bensons aren't using that trash nonsense "science." It seems more like a mood stabilizer - the poster at GothamSpoilers thinks it's an anti-schizophrenic drug, which also seems somewhat likely.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oh, gosh, I desperately hope the Bensons aren't using that trash nonsense "science."
    Me too, but if Christopher Priest of all writers can have an actual doctor say that kind of crap over in Deathstroke as he did a few issues ago, all bets are off.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Oh, gosh, I desperately hope the Bensons aren't using that trash nonsense "science." It seems more like a mood stabilizer - the poster at GothamSpoilers thinks it's an anti-schizophrenic drug, which also seems somewhat likely.
    Mood-stabilizers don't work that quickly, and neither do anti-psychotics to my knowledge. They take time to work into your system and then sorta keep working unless you stop taking them for a few days time (it varies depending on the dosage/drug). If it's an "urgent" thing, then it's either some sort of amphetamine, typically used to treat ADD, or an anti-anxiety medication. Both are fast acting and burn out of your body very quickly, so consistent usage is necessary to prevent withdrawal symptoms. Gus is exhibiting behavior that could honestly be linked to either mental disorder, specifically when it comes neglecting to taking his meds at regular intervals or self-medicating.

Judging by the pupil dilation in previous issues, I'd go with amphetamines. Whether or not he actually has ADD is a mystery to me. It's not like people don't abuse the fuck out of them in the STEM fields, both at Universities and in professional environments regardless of their personal mental health.

EDIT: As for why he might keep it a secret, well, he may not have a prescription and winners don't use drugs. Or he could just be ashamed of his own mental illness, even if it's something like ADD. It happens a lot.
    Last edited by ProgmanX; 03-10-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgmanX View Post
    Mood-stabilizers don't work that quickly, and neither do anti-psychotics to my knowledge. They take time to work into your system and then sorta keep working unless you stop taking them for a few days time (it varies depending on the dosage/drug). If it's an "urgent" thing, then it's either some sort of amphetamine, typically used to treat ADD, or an anti-anxiety medication. Both are fast acting and burn out of your body very quickly, so consistent usage is necessary to prevent withdrawal symptoms. Gus is exhibiting behavior that could honestly be linked to either mental disorder, specifically when it comes neglecting to taking his meds at regular intervals or self-medicating.

Judging by the pupil dilation in previous issues, I'd go with amphetamines. Whether or not he actually has ADD is a mystery to me. It's not like people don't abuse the fuck out of them in the STEM fields, both at Universities and in professional environments regardless of their personal mental health.

EDIT: As for why he might keep it a secret, well, he may not have a prescription and winners don't use drugs. Or he could just be ashamed of his own mental illness, even if it's something like ADD. It happens a lot.
    This all makes much sense to me. As long as it's not the "100% of your brain" goofiness.

This all makes much sense to me. As long as it's not the "100% of your brain" goofiness.
    Pbbbth, fuck that. If Gus needs ADD meds to perform as Oracle so he can overclock his ability to focus, yeah that makes sense. But boosting his actual brain power? Nope.