Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default The all spoilers "Clark Kent" thread. *SPOILERS*

If anyone wants to just know, BC's leaked it: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...-now-spoilers/
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    If anyone wants to just know, BC's leaked it: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...-now-spoilers/
    Wow lmao

That was my "no it's never gonna happen" candidate. Congrats to DC on the misdirection with the other possibilities. I'm sort of cutting a big fat sigh of relief that it's this character. Hope to see more in the future with them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I suggested this as a possibility a little while ago, but he was low on my list.

Now, will the reason he blames Superman for ruining his life have to do with what I speculated or will they be new reasons to do with Oz and Rebirth.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post2623360
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 03-06-2017 at 05:23 PM.

BANNED

Maybe it will be explained in the issue, but how does the fake Clark's true identity line up with his interaction with Krypto?

Unless it's a reference to spoilers:
    Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? in which Mxy's actions got Krypto killed.
    end of spoilers

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Maybe it will be explained in the issue, but how does the fake Clark's true identity line up with his interaction with Krypto?

Unless it's a reference to spoilers:
    Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? in which Mxy's actions got Krypto killed.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    it could be just a reference to the fact that Mxy just knows Superman's life SO well. He's like a fan of the comic, and he knows how Krypto is "supposed" to look and act. I actually think Mxy is the one who changed Krypto's look. Mxy likely has a very particular idea of what the Superman world should look like. He probably this Superman's "messing with a good thing" with this whole family deal he's got going on. He's probably thinking that Superman didn't save him because he was too busy with his family. This actually reminds me of the movie Disney Inside Out. Superman's imaginary friend feels betrayed because he's growing up, and there doesn't seem to be room for him anymore
    end of spoilers

Default The all spoilers "Clark Kent" thread. *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I suggested this as a possibility a little while ago, but he was low on my list.

Now, will the reason he blames Superman for ruining his life have to do with what I speculated or will they be new reasons to do with Oz and Rebirth.

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post2623360
    But, if it is spoilers:
    Mxyzptlk
    end of spoilers, why is he so interested in Lois? And why was he trying to present himself as a human Clark Kent?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KoriandrJean View Post
    But, if it is spoilers:
    Mxyzptlk
    end of spoilers, why is he so interested in Lois? And why was he trying to present himself as a human Clark Kent?
    They'll explain it as the story progresses, but...

spoilers:
    Mxy does have a history of pretending to be other characters and going after Lois.
    end of spoilers

Curse my weakness for spoilers!

BANNED

We've been wondering what the deal is with DOS Doomsday appearing in the New 52.

spoilers:
    There was a Superman story in the 90s, written by Jurgens I think, where Mxy creates a Doomsday to fight Superman Blue
    end of spoilers

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Curse my weakness for spoilers!
    I know, right? I swore I wouldn't spoil it for myself....but I am weak sadly.

so wow....it's spoilers:
    Mxy
    end of spoilers. I gotta admit, DC did a great job keeping us guessing for all these months!

spoilers:
    Well at least it isn't Nuperman. Plus, since Mxy and the fifth dimension started off the Nuperman era in Grant Morrison's run, it's seems to be coming full circle here.

Also, I think now more than ever that our Supermen are indeed Superman Red and Superman Blue, although it's even more likely Mxy created them, either with the avent of Manhattan and OZ's machinations, or in true Geoff Johns retcon style the 1990's electro Red/Blue story will be revealed to have been the work of Mxy all along, perhaps based on Mxy witnessing the original Silver Age Red/Blue story just because he likes screwing up Supes life.

Or....it was an elaborate revenge for Supes Pre-Crisis self "killing" mxy in WHTMOT. I mean, it's a little convenient when we last saw Pre-Crisis Supes he was living in the sticks under an assumed name with Lois and their son. Sound familiar? Perhaps it ISN'T a coincidence. Plus there is the little matter of both Superdad and Nuperman being not who they thought they were. Maybe, in addition or instead of RED/BLUE, perhaps Nuperman and New 52 Lois WERE indeed the Post-Crisis selves altered like the rest of the DCU, and SUPERDAD and his Lois are actually PRE-CRISIS Supes and Lois who experienced the Alan Moore written "final" story. Perhaps that's the key....Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis Supes and Lois combining into....well, Just Superman and Lois Lane, full stop, No Pre-this or Post that.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 03-06-2017 at 06:31 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Disappointing.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Disappointing.
    At least it isn't who many of us were fearing it might be.

Also, who knows? This "reveal" could be a red herring.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Disappointing.

The worst candidate ended up being this fake clark kent would have been better than Magog or Superboy Prime
    It would have been more consistent but they chose the worst of the candidates and one of the most ridiculous villains and that for years has had no real relevance in superman comics in recent years

BANNED

None of the candidates were good, but I think what we got is better than

spoilers:
    Magog
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It feels like they pulled it randomly out of their asses.