Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Whoa, Dan Jurgens is not a happy camper. Twitter response to a fan mentioning sites running spoilers: "Any who did will NEVER, EVER get another interview out of me."
    Good for him. I know I read the spoilers, but these sites are only after clicks and don't give a damn about the story.

Nope.

Not cool. Ignore me.
    Last edited by _Feely_; 03-07-2017 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Slagging off creators on fan forums is just inciting trouble whether they deserve it or not.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Well Mxy is kinda responsible for how Supebro lived his life. He was supposed to have somewhat the same life that Superdad did have. Until Vnxy.
    All Vnx did was kill superman's parents though, you really think he would have had the same life as superdad if that didn't happen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Whoa, Dan Jurgens is not a happy camper. Twitter response to a fan mentioning sites running spoilers: "Any who did will NEVER, EVER get another interview out of me."
    Well, duh. Why would anybody think he'd be happy?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    All Vnx did was kill superman's parents though, you really think he would have had the same life as superdad if that didn't happen?
    Well, yeah. I think we can read his 'vision' in Action #12 as what his life would have been, and it's largely identical (except the panel at the end, where he starts to realize it's a dream):

Love the bedtime story bit.
    Buh-bye

Fantastic Member

Ugh. Me trying to stay spoiler-free is futile. Adios self-control.

At first, I was neutral about the Mxy reveal, but after letting it sink in, I realize it makes good sense and has a lot of potential. No wonder Oz had to build a mega-prison structure to keep this guy captive.

I also feel bad for Dan Jurgens. It has got to suck to have your work spoiled this way. In any case, I'm still buying the issue despite spoiling myself silly. There's still a lot of unanswered questions.

He is Frank Stallone.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

That backup story and the images of Mxy thereby make me really really happy as it looks like my long-standing theory/ hope of all of this resulting in an " ultimate Superman" is coming true. Plus, I love the bedtime story concept. Sounds familiar to Superlad's idea of doing something similar to relate Supes history. Could it be Tomasi and Jurgens have popped in here ?

If anything, these spoilers make me want to read tomorrow's issue even more! Can't wait to see how all this plays out.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

They literally showed his life would have been the same if his parents had lived. Don't you remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Well, yeah. I think we can read his 'vision' in Action #12 as what his life would have been, and it's largely identical (except the panel at the end, where he starts to realize it's a dream):

Thanks for posting those panels, because it's been a while since I read it, but wow, that really does change things. I wonder out of jurgens,tomasi and johns, which one thought up using Mxy.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Basically Nuperman's vision was reflective of SECRET ORIGIN and the Pre FLASHPOINT era just with him in the armored suit.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Yup, yup this is what I meant.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

BEDTIME STORIES! FREAKIN CALLED IT!

Also Jon calling Mxy "Puppletat" as a baby objectively adorable, and you're wrong if you think otherwise.

My hype levels are getting pretty up there with Reborn now. Plus my hype for Post-Reborn has started to swell up too. I'm having a pretty great time reading Superman comics these days, man.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Thanks for posting those panels, because it's been a while since I read it, but wow, that really does change things. I wonder out of jurgens,tomasi and johns, which one thought up using Mxy.
    Honestly, I'd bet on Johns. He's a Morrison fan (and Morrison is a big Johns fan), and Tomasi and Gleason were probably super jazzed about it. Can't really tell were Jurgens stands, but I imagine he was really happy to dig more into the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Honestly, I'd bet on Johns. He's a Morrison fan (and Morrison is a big Johns fan), and Tomasi and Gleason were probably super jazzed about it. Can't really tell were Jurgens stands, but I imagine he was really happy to dig more into the lore.
    Yep, him or Tomasi for sure had to have thought this up. What a great callback if they connect it to action comics.

So, with all this being said, do you think this could end with ma and pa kent being revived and new 52 superman will just progress into superdad naturally?