Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    So, with all this being said, do you think this could end with ma and pa kent being revived and new 52 superman will just progress into superdad naturally?
    Hmmm, I wanna say no, because Jurgens is very quick to say that Clark is now taking on the role of a father (even going as far as to call him "Pa Kent"). Plus, the story in Trinity was really about passing the torch from Pa to Clark. You don't really have a story like that and then bring him back later. And from the sound of the solicitations, they'll be basically continuing with the current stories we know, but with the addition of Clark and fam belonging to this Earth, and having friends on this Earth.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I love it. Mxy is one of my favorites. Superman comics are about as good as they've been since ? A very long time

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

This seems like a long way around just to undo the New 52. Unless he's somehow connected to Nuperman, this also feels like a red herring. I hope all of this is leading somewhere but my fear is that the "constructs" theory is correct and the merger is looking less and less likely. I stopped expecting Nuperman to come back but I at least hoped that they would merge and Superdad would at least get to keep his memories or something. Now that seems less and less likely also. They really do seem to be going with the whole "New 52 was a mistake and we're undoing all of it with no regard for anything that came out of it" angle. I kind of wonder if continuity is worth following anymore if it's that easy to throw out. I wouldn't be surprised if a year from now it's officially declared the New 52 never happened and none of the stories or characters are canon.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

so is mxy a reality bomb let loose intentionally or unintentionally by ozy? I mean if you have read worlds funniest you have a idea of what the heck the imps can do if they fight a war among themselves. maybe ozy allowed him to escape or already knew he was going to escape and conditioned him to delude himself or something. maybe he will declare war on watchmen reality and wipe out the watchmen universe the only one not visited by the imps in the one shot for revenge when he regains his right mind that is if the watchmen are really involved and are not more red herrings.

It's not who I would've picked, but the more I think on it? The more I like it. Especially if it does indeed tie back into the events of Grant Morrison's Action Comics during the New 52. That would be perfect and a very satisfying wrap-up that ties everything together.

Let's look at the solicitations text for some more clues...

Quote Originally Posted by Newsarama.com
    “Superman Reborn Aftermath” part one! Following the epic struggle against [REDACTED] (who we may assume is Mxyzptlk?), Superman examines his entire history—the birth of Jon, the marriage of Lois and Clark, their lives at the Daily Planet—to discover who tried to destroy his life. Who is waiting in the shadows? Who is Mr. Oz? All questions the Man of Steel cannot answer alone. It is time for him to unite the entire Superman-Family!
    So "Superman Reborn" doesn't reveal who Mr. Oz is.

Hmm...curiouser and curiouser.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post

Yep, they're saving the mr. oz mystery for a bigger story. This is just going to get the DCU to become aware that he exists out there I guess. This will probably tie into the button.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, that's been there for a while. But it's a good refresher, and points to how this may end up - it would seem that Mxy has something to do with the mystery of who Lois and Clark "really are" and what the deal is with Nuperman, but he's not the one pulling the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93
    Honestly, I'd bet on Johns. He's a Morrison fan (and Morrison is a big Johns fan), and Tomasi and Gleason were probably super jazzed about it. Can't really tell were Jurgens stands, but I imagine he was really happy to dig more into the lore.
    Yep, him or Tomasi for sure had to have thought this up. What a great callback if they connect it to action comics.

So, with all this being said, do you think this could end with ma and pa kent being revived and new 52 superman will just progress into superdad naturally?
    I'm a bit confused. I will go home tonight and pull out Action Comics #12 (how nice to have a reason to do that! ).
    But can someone dumb this down for me, please?

What does it mean if the fake Clark Kent (Mxyzptlk) is DC tying this into Morrison's New 52 Action Comics run?

Sorry, there are so many theories and conclusions being made here that I'm having a hard time trying to connect all the dots. Because everyone seems to be drawing different conclusions.

What *does* it all mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Yeah, that's been there for a while. But it's a good refresher, and points to how this may end up - it would seem that Mxy has something to do with the mystery of who Lois and Clark "really are" and what the deal is with Nuperman, but he's not the one pulling the strings.
    Which is virtually identical to what Abra Kadabra did to Wally West according to Abnett's Titans.
    Mxyzptlk is playing the same role as Abra Kadabra with Clark in the same role as Wally West.

That's the pattern. Yes?

Yep, him or Tomasi for sure had to have thought this up. What a great callback if they connect it to action comics.

Now that you mention it, I can actually see the Kents come back after Reborn. Though that could take away from how Clark's been trying to fill his adopted father's shoes. Though maybe it'd just be Martha who comes back, since that seems to be the most well known status quo at this point. I'd rather see General Sam Lane come back into the picture, have him find out he has a half-alien grandson. More interesting potential there for drama and character development, I think.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm a bit confused. I will go home tonight and pull out Action Comics #12 (how nice to have a reason to do that! ).

What does it mean if the fake Clark Kent (Mxyzptlk) is DC tying this into Morrison's New 52 Action Comics run?

Sorry, there are so many theories and conclusions being made here that I'm having a hard time trying to connect all the dots. Because everyone seems to be drawing different conclusions.

What *does* it all mean?
    I've got a theory, but I will wait at least until tomorrows issue comes out. But the panels dispenser posted on the last page showing how new 52 clark would be like superdad if his parents didn't die feel like they've gotta play a part here.

What *does* it all mean?
    Well Mxy had a part into how Superbro ended up the way he did.

Funny thing is, I was so sure it would be Prime, I went back and read Crisis on Infine Earths and started reading Infinite Crisis, just to prep. Feel kinda dumb now, though it did motivate me to catch up on my reading, so theres that

Mxy was one of my many guesses!

But it figures days after a diabetes diagnosis that Coke is pretty worthless to me now unless its a diet.

In any case, I do believe his original incarceration by Oz is because he wanted to help. He has extra dimensional abilities and if Superman's history was disrupted on a mass scale by outside forces other than himself (of which he himself usually sees as just games, not evil plots), I think Mxy would want to help him. Maybe Mxy is just mad right now that Superman never came to rescue him after he was captured by Oz.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-07-2017 at 01:33 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I've got a theory, but I will wait at least until tomorrows issue comes out. But the panels dispenser posted on the last page showing how new 52 clark would be like superdad if his parents didn't die feel like they've gotta play a part here.
    Can't wait to hear it! I'll be looking for it tomorrow. Please do share!