Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Scott Lang solo--??? Costume redesign by Chris Samnee

According to Bleeding Cool Chris Samnee has been tapped to do the new Scott Lang costume redesign for a possible ongoing series. Does this mean he'll also be doing the interiors? Could this be the book that Mark Waid will be picking up now that his tenure on Hulk has come to an end? If Samnee leaves DD for this book, who should take over DD?

SAMNEE = SOLD.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    SAMNEE = SOLD.
    What he said

Seriously, though, I'm a big Scott Lang fan. I'll be keeping tabs on this, as I was sad to see FF go. Although I didn't enjoy Fraction's Fantastic Four, I DID like that he put Scott in charge of the Future Foundation.

An Ant-Man title would be incredible!

SAMNEE = SOLD.
    Not confirmed if he's on interiors or not; but it saddens me. Who will take over DD?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Not confirmed if he's on interiors or not; but it saddens me. Who will take over DD?
    Although I agree that Samnee leaving would suck, I'd be interested to see Paolo Rivera return. People seem to forget what a great job he did at the beginning of the run; now let him finish it out with Mark Waid!

And you have to admit, Samnee's style would be a PERFECT fit with Scott's personality/world.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Although I agree that Samnee leaving would suck, I'd be interested to see Paolo Rivera return. People seem to forget what a great job he did at the beginning of the run; now let him finish it out with Mark Waid!
    This would be ideal for me!!! I loved Paolo's run on the book. It was part of the reason I stuck around, although Waid really killed it with his phenomenal storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    And you have to admit, Samnee's style would be a PERFECT fit with Scott's personality/world.
    I always thought that. Especially after seeing Hank Pym guest star in several issues of Daredevil.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The only way Waid would let DD lose Samnee is if he was the one writing the Ant-Man book. I love Paolo Rivera like it's nobody's business, but he's not interested in doing ongoings.

Still, if they find a way to make this work, I'm in. I have no problem with Scott or Eric.

An Ant man solo makes sense with the movie coming up. See if you can make a go od it. I wonder if Pym would be part of it too since they are both featured in the movie.

I like Pym working with AI even if the monthly is gone but if it is Waid he writes such a good Pym it could help the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Fingers crossed for Marcos Martin.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Fingers crossed for Marcos Martin.
    I would be fine with either of them, to be frank.

I have to say this drawing has been going around on the net for a long while... I've seen this many times before, it's not new. I was under the impression it was to be used for the "Thor: the Mighty Avenger" like mentioned on the bottom of the last drawing. Sketches aren't always used.

And why Scott Lang?? There's no mention of him anywhere (by name, at least) in these sketches. But...

samnee's design.JPG

Although I admit an ongoing Ant-MEN written by Waid and penciled by Samnee would be awesome, and right there on my pull list

EDIT: Yep, going to see Chris Samnee on deviantart, he clearly said that he tinkered with these designs for Thor: The Mighty Avenger (where Pym and Jan appeared in a few issues), but felt they were too complicated. I still think they look awesome
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 07-07-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The article acknowledges that that picture is old, they just bring it up to reference that Samnee is not new to designing an Ant-Man costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    The article acknowledges that that picture is old, they just bring it up to reference that Samnee is not new to designing an Ant-Man costume.
    Oh, sorry... I posted before reading the article

This seemed like a pretty obvious launch because of the Ant-Man movie.

(Can we get Cassie back?)