Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Not confirmed if he's on interiors or not; but it saddens me. Who will take over DD?
    Javier Rodriguez. Guy is a good enough artist to carry the load.

I'm surprised its taking Marvel so long to launch the Ant-Man solo book. The Sketch is from 2010 lol
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I'm surprised its taking Marvel so long to launch the Ant-Man solo book
    They probably want to wait till closer to when the movie starts filming. And I'm crossing my fingers and all other extremities that Samnee gets to write this.

I'd love to see Waid's take on Scott too, since he's always seemed more of a Hank fan I'm curious as to how he'd differentiate with Scott. Also, Fraction needs more books and he's a Lang fan. I'd like to see him take this on.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    They probably want to wait till closer to when the movie starts filming. And I'm crossing my fingers and all other extremities that Samnee gets to write this.

I'd love to see Waid's take on Scott too, since he's always seemed more of a Hank fan I'm curious as to how he'd differentiate with Scott. Also, Fraction needs more books and he's a Lang fan. I'd like to see him take this on.
    I can see Fraction taking this on, especially with his leaving Hawkeye soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I have to say this drawing has been going around on the net for a long while... I've seen this many times before, it's not new. I was under the impression it was to be used for the "Thor: the Mighty Avenger" like mentioned on the bottom of the last drawing. Sketches aren't always used.

And why Scott Lang?? There's no mention of him anywhere (by name, at least) in these sketches. But...

Attachment 5471

Although I admit an ongoing Ant-MEN written by Waid and penciled by Samnee would be awesome, and right there on my pull list

EDIT: Yep, going to see Chris Samnee on deviantart, he clearly said that he tinkered with these designs for Thor: The Mighty Avenger (where Pym and Jan appeared in a few issues), but felt they were too complicated. I still think they look awesome
    An Ant-men title is an interesting twist. Although I like that Hank has left that ID behind for the most part. It would be great if Eric mad a comeback as well. I am curious at least.

Bring back Eric he was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post

They launched GOTG a year and a half before the movie. I was kinda expecting that to happen with Ant-Man too.

Waid writes a great Hank whenever he appears in DD.

Pym wore the Ant-Man suit recently in Daredevil I think he just wears whatever he wants these days.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    An Ant-men title is an interesting twist. Although I like that Hank has left that ID behind for the most part. It would be great if Eric mad a comeback as well. I am curious at least.
    Honestly, I suggested an Ant-Men title only not to antagonize anyone. It's no secret that I'm more interested in a Pym ongoing, and written by Waid would be awesome since he really seems to understand the character the same way I do, along the lines of Busiek or Gage, to name only those. The return of O'Grady, though, would be something very interesting to see, as I loved the contrast between him and Pym in the 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' mini.

Irredeemable Ant-Man was Kirkman's best stuff at Marvel.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Incredible Member

I would be willing to give a solo Ant-Man series a try so long as it's not Pym, considering when I came back into comics Lang was already long dead I don't really know much about the character so it could be fun. Plus I like these costume designs (hope they go with the first one though).

Honestly, I suggested an Ant-Men title only not to antagonize anyone. It's no secret that I'm more interested in a Pym ongoing, and written by Waid would be awesome since he really seems to understand the character the same way I do, along the lines of Busiek or Gage, to name only those. The return of O'Grady, though, would be something very interesting to see, as I loved the contrast between him and Pym in the 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' mini.
    I did not think you were it is an interesting idea and they are both are in the movie so it might be a way they want to go. I enjoyed that mini as well.

They launched GOTG a year and a half before the movie. I was kinda expecting that to happen with Ant-Man too.

Waid writes a great Hank whenever he appears in DD.

Pym wore the Ant-Man suit recently in Daredevil I think he just wears whatever he wants these days.
    He did wear it? the last time I remember seeing him he was still in the giant man outfit. They are both red though.
    Last edited by pageturner; 07-08-2014 at 04:22 AM.

And alas, poor Hank is shafted again. Too bad too. Mark Waid would be the best guy to write his solo or team-up nook with Wasp. And you know that he and Samnee work well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    (Can we get Cassie back?)
    Wow. Looks like we finally agree on something.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    He did wear it the last time I remember seeing him he was still in the giant man outfit. They are both red though.
    Pym wears a red outfit with black lines on it, whether he's Giant-Man, or shrinks down to Ant-Man size. Lang's Ant-Man suit is, if I'm not mistaken, the contrary: black with red outlines, and his helmet is... weirdish. Pym still has the original helmet design when he shrinks down, but he doesn't always wear it because technically he's supposed to have the cybernetic components of his helmet embedded in the hood of his uniform. I personally really like Giant-Man's design, and it's not that old in fact... 3 years old

But yep, to me he can wear any of his outfits. They are his, after all, as well as the persona But my favorite remains Giant-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    And alas, poor Hank is shafted again. Too bad too. Mark Waid would be the best guy to write his solo or team-up nook with Wasp. And you know that he and Samnee work well together.
    Hey, nothing is set in stone. This article sounds mostly like speculation to me. We think there'll be an ongoing (most probable, due to the movie), but for the rest, it's mainly anybody's guess.

I personally would be happy that Pym would get re-inserted in a team book, since he's always worked best in those. But we're basically wishing for the same thing

Hey, nothing is set in stone. This article sounds mostly like speculation to me. We think there'll be an ongoing (most probable, due to the movie), but for the rest, it's mainly anybody's guess.

I personally would be happy that Pym would get re-inserted in a team book, since he's always worked best in those. But we're basically wishing for the same thing
    Right now I just hope they don't age him up to match the movie version and put him in the old folks home where Cap and the real Fury are now staying.

I just think that Waid really gets the character if you look at the Age of Ultron .1 and his occasional appearances in Daredevil. And I think he and Wasp go very well together; romantically and as a crime-fighting duo.