Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Era of the X-men living on Utopia. How is that ranked

For me personally I feel should forget the school aspect and go back to living in utopia. Where on the island there a school but also a place for mutants to live. I also liked how X.force worked, being some of the best comics I read in ages.

I love how the mutants dealt with certain issues but also felt their was real progress with x men despite the depletion of mutants and the race becoming one more a less. I felt the mutants gained more respect in this time then any other

I don't know all the stories during this era but how does this period rank compared to other times.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

It was quite a good era. Sadly they did not stay for a long time. But yeah, I liked the idea of Utopia a lot.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

In terms of security and importance as a nation (although it did not have this recognition officially) was a improvement as it united mutants for a while offering them protection.

But this was at a time when the mutants were at risk of extinction and there were few of them.

If you think about the aspect of interacting with humanity and Xavier's dream then it was a regression as the X-men and the mutants became more reserved and reclusive (due to the situation of course).

Not to mention the secret operations and controversial decisions taken by Cyclops.

Fantastic Member

Personally Xavier dream is done. Even if mutants are to interact with humans, having utopia gave them respect. Teaching kids to use the powers in the long was dumbz, when he was always building a army.

At least be up front about it. Think all the top groups in marvel are reserved and reclusive even avengers. Think that's what hydra captain America was talking about with the how hero's are with the public now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Personally Xavier dream is done. Even if mutants are to interact with humans, having utopia gave them respect. Teaching kids to use the powers in the long was dumbz, when he was always building a army.

At least be up front about it. Think all the top groups in marvel are reserved and reclusive even avengers. Think that's what hydra captain America was talking about with the how hero's are with the public now.
    I can not disagree with the heroes and how they are seen by people lately.

Having a nation is extremely important if you want to be respected or feared by the rest of the world.

But I still believe in Xavier's dream and the X-mens too. That dream was dead during those years of extinction but now that this will not be a problem anymore they can go back and fight for that ideal.

Moreover, if the X-men give up the dream and become more isolated they will be like the Inhumans.

Utopia and its stories were necessary moments for the phase that the X-mens lived but this was never the main objective of them.

Astonishing Member

i enjoyed the era

BANNED

We should have an Utopia AND continue Xavier's dream (which is only possible when you're not facing extinction). Utopia can be the headquarters in a sense, yet smaller teams/bases should be scattered around the world.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Made more sense than Limbo. That's for sure. I hope this era isn't looked upon as "that time the X-Men lived in hell."
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think Gillen made a dollar out of fifteen cents, but otherwise meh. There were some other good stories but I don't think they were notable enough to make me remember them before thinking about AvX.

Utopia was great, not only did we get great stories but loads of characters seemed to get panel time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    We should have an Utopia AND continue Xavier's dream (which is only possible when you're not facing extinction). Utopia can be the headquarters in a sense, yet smaller teams/bases should be scattered around the world.
    Yeah, this'd be a good way to do it.
    Have a Utopia base while Kitty runs her reach out program in central park.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Utopia... as in Matt Fraction's run? Wasn't everyone just destroying his run in the Worst X-Run thread weeks ago? It's certainly better after a second read. While it doesn't rank in my favorite runs it does hold up better than Bendis and everything that has happened after. The art was terrible and the characters were all a bit off, but conceptually its interesting and has a direction. The spin off books, particularly X-Force and X-Factor really carried the quality of X-Line at the time.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

It ranks as my second favorite era after the Outback Era. It was like reading a really expensive Fox X-men Television Series.

HATED it. Its why I really disliked Fraction as writer

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Utopia... as in Matt Fraction's run? Wasn't everyone just destroying his run in the Worst X-Run thread weeks ago? It's certainly better after a second read. While it doesn't rank in my favorite runs it does hold up better than Bendis and everything that has happened after. The art was terrible and the characters were all a bit off, but conceptually its interesting and has a direction. The spin off books, particularly X-Force and X-Factor really carried the quality of X-Line at the time.
    revisionist history. I remember it being disliked as it was being released. Its hard to even consider X-force as part of Utopia as it was very much kept separate from that. X-factor most definitely wasnt

I think New Mutants was decent but Uncanny was dreadful, which was a shame as the flagship book
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-07-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I hated it. Then again I hate the "every mutant is and X-Men and we all have to live together" way of thinking period. I grew up in the 80's and 90's when the teams were spread out all over the place and the books were 100 times better because of it so I am never going to be a fan of everyone being under one roof.

Incredible Member

it gave me the xtinction team. that alone gives it serious props.