Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Supergirl comic book from 2005. Anyone fans of that series?

In the mail I got a good amount of freebie comics where I was originally trying to buy Power Pack 1 from someone off of Amazon but the seller claimed he was out of stock but I got a big makeup freebie package of comics from old Spider Woman 1979 to 3 old Spider Man Annuals and an issue of Supergirl series from 2005.

I don't know a whole lot about the 2005 Supergirl series but didn't she team up with Power Girl in the first couple of issues or something?

Always Rakzo

Sterling Gates' run is the only thing worth reading from that series.

BANNED

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

FUCK NO!

This series is terrible, though I've heard it DOES get slightly better later on, with such highlights as:

Supergirl constantly fighting other heroes.

Supergirl being drawn with the proportions of a piece of string.

Supergirl being an enormous to bitch to everyone around her, including her boyfriend, Captain Boomerang, yes really.

An issue which features EvilCass (HAAAAAAAATE)

And, of course

The issue where Kara sells Kandor into slavery.

I were you, I'd burn these comics, and go buy the first trade of Peter David's Supergirl run. Its quite good.

BANNED

I don't even know who that is. The 2005 series of Supergirl it have any good minor story arcs besides the usual dragged on longer story arcs?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    I don't even know who that is. The 2005 series of Supergirl it have any good minor story arcs besides the usual dragged on longer story arcs?
    Don't know who who is?

And, like I said, from what I've heard, the series stops being crap later on, but NONE of its storylines are famous or memorable, or even particularly great. The improvements just took it from trash to average.

BANNED

Sterling Gate.

I said I don't know who he is.

ANYWAYZ. The 2005 Supergirl can't be that "bad" I'll decide for myself if the other issues are good or not. I got issue 17 in the mail I might as well buy a couple of other single issues to read. So her "boyfriend; is Boomerang huh? Really?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    Sterling Gate.

I said I don't know who he is.

ANYWAYZ. The 2005 Supergirl can't be that "bad" I'll decide for myself if the other issues are good or not. I got issue 17 in the mail I might as well buy a couple of other single issues to read. So her "boyfriend; is Boomerang huh? Really?
    Yup. He's the second Captain Boomerang, the son of the original Captain Boomerang who died in Identity Crisis. Despite Kara being a bitch to him, he's a rather nice guy...at least until Geoff Johns wanted to make people hate him so they'd be happy when he brought back the original Boomerang, and so he made Captain Boomerang Jr. uncharacteristically evil in Blackest Night, having him slaughter women and children.

But really dude, please don't spend money on those comics. They really are horrid.