Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-Position: ResurrXtion Part II

Part 2 of the X-Position is up.

Can you please tell me if the all-new Wolverine will be joining any X-Men teams in ResurrXion?

Paniccia: You may see her guest star but she’ll be involved in a pretty cool and (inter)stellar story that will take her off the table to join a roster right now… but, never say never in comics. And some stuff that’s been brewing amongst the X-writers might bubble to the surface and scratch that itch many of you have to see her operating with allies.

Harrington: I don’t know if you’ve been reading “All-New Wolverine” lately, but Laura’s been going through some stuff. Plus, she has a sister now — a sister who desperately needs some super hero training. So, she’s doing what Wolverine does best — no, not killing stop saying that I can’t hear you — taking a young girl under her wing and turning her into a total badass. But I also don’t think you can keep Laura away from the larger Marvel Universe for long and I really pity the person who stands between her and her friends, so I don’t think this journey of self-discovery is going to take forever. Just sit back, relax, and watch our girl be the hero she is.

Ketchum: Also, please send us letters! We’re hoping to resurrect the tradition of letters pages along with our classic titles and classic line-ups. Mark them “OKAY TO PRINT” and send them to officex@marvel.com!
    So, don't look for Laura on a team any time soon. On the one hand it's nice that editorial is ACTUALLY paying attention to whether or not a character's current status actually makes them AVAILABLE.

On the other hand, OLD MAN LOGAN WILL HAVE 4 @#$%ING BOOKS, so why isn't HE off the table for more?

BANNED

Where did th myth about X-fans only caring about romance and kissing come from?

BANNED

Lol, it wouldn't make sense to have Laura in multiple books because it's not realistic...

I have no idea how OML will make sense bouncing btw all those books...

"That’s a good question and there are many theories out there about how and if they can return. It’s become one of the great mysteries in modern comics."

That made me laugh out loud. What mystery? Clearly has not been reading the X-Books. SEND THE 05 HOME. PLEASE.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Lol, it wouldn't make sense to have Laura in multiple books because it's not realistic...

I have no idea how OML will make sense bouncing btw all those books...
    LOL Right? Double standards much?

I'm glad my question got answered and I do like the increased LGBT visibility, but they need to do something about the main X-men books. Blue should be called X-men White at this point.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Not too thrilled about the love triangle that will be forming in X-Men: Blue. While I'd love for a potential Angel and Jean relationship, I believe Warren is still with Laura and since Iceman is gay, I'll have to sit through Beast/Jean/Cyclops angst and I'm not particularity looking forward to that. I also wish they would stop trying to have this new version of Jean fall into the same problems the older one had. Lets focus on her development as an individual and not what new love triangles we can come up with.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 03-07-2017 at 01:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Not too thrilled about the love triangle that will be forming in X-Men: Blue. While I'd love for a potential Angel and Jean relationship, I believe Warren is still with Laura and since Iceman is gay, I'll have to sit through Beast/Jean/Cyclops angst and I'm not particularity looking forward to that. I also wish they would stop trying to have this new version of Jean fall into the same problems the older one had. Lets focus on her development as an individual and not what new love triangles we can come up with.
    Frankly, if it means Laura and Warren are finally broken up, Jean can HAVE him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Frankly, if it means Laura and Warren are finally broken up, Jean can HAVE him.
    Well, she and Laura could hook up; after all, there is part of the fanbase that always wanted that Jean to date Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, she and Laura could hook up; after all, there is part of the fanbase that always wanted that Jean to date Wolverine.
    If Laura and Deadpool ever have to team up, I DEMAND Wade make a crack about how Ms. Marvel's Wolverine/Jean ship fics are a lot hotter with Laura as Wolverine.

The storyline on ANXM should have been with Warren to begin with. Jean had a lot more going on with him than with Hank on the early days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Part 2 of the X-Position is up.

So, don't look for Laura on a team any time soon. On the one hand it's nice that editorial is ACTUALLY paying attention to whether or not a character's current status actually makes them AVAILABLE.

On the other hand, OLD MAN LOGAN WILL HAVE 4 @#$%ING BOOKS, so why isn't HE off the table for more?
    Yeah, it sounds like a joke. Besides the OML thing, the disconnect between ANXM and ANW was massive. NO ONE can piece together how those books are supposed to exist in relation to each other, either in the timeline or characterization-wise. Gabby was never once mentioned in ANXM either. Yet, all of the sudden NOW they care how Laura must exist in relation to other books? And how her relationship with Gabby would impact that? LOL. I call BS.

I'm not completely torn up that she won't be in any team books considering how the majority of writers handle her in a way that makes my eyes bleed and my soul wail, but damn. The Wolverine name comes with some prestige and it seems like the books have no intention of having anyone take it seriously other than a slew of guest appearance characters name dropping her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The storyline on ANXM should have been with Warren to begin with. Jean had a lot more going on with him than with Hank on the early days.
    Maybe it can be Hank and Warren, freeing Scott from that rehashed storyline for a while.

And after that fantasy comes true, we can try to involve Jean in a good story that doesn't include the Cosmic Chicken in any way.

Astonishing Member

I'm torn on one hand it's sad we won't see Laura in a team book for a while, but there actually paying attention to continuity and doing there job. witch is a phrase I thought I'd never say. When she dose become avaliable have her join gold and generation x. Also anyone else want to see a story where gabby babysitting shogo

Love triangle again with Jean? Isn't this why the one of the many reasons the original is still dead. And they're going to use Beast? Didn't she put him in the brother zone?... That's weird. Maybe its Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Maybe it can be Hank and Warren, freeing Scott from that rehashed storyline for a while.

And after that fantasy comes true, we can try to involve Jean in a good story that doesn't include the Cosmic Chicken in any way.
    Well, I'm a Jean/Scott shipper who likes the romantic/sexual tension between them, so I hope not.