Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi guys!

Hi there, Sacred Knight.

I don't know you, but a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet!

Sorry to hear about your health scare, but glad you are doing better now! Keep a check on your glucose levels so as to not go back into ketoacidosis.

Welcome back. I look forward to seeing your posts.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Man, you've had a shock..hope you‘ve got a regime to manage that illness..best of luck..

Welcome back SK, enjoy AC#975 tomorrow, and keep on sharing words of wisdom on all things Superman..

Jon

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Welcome back to speculate with us, Sacred!

BANNED

Man oh man...that could have been a close call (I had a friend die from undiagnosed diabetes; if he had just had a snack instead of skipping a meal, he would have been OK....).

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Welcome back, Sacred!

Glad you're doing better!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Good to hear, thanks for the update. Same thing happened to a co-worker pretty recently.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

Glad to hear you're okay, Sacred. I may not post much but I always enjoy reading your speculations and opinions on our boy blue.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Take it easy, and good luck with your health.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Hey Knight! Glad to hear you are doing better, ketoacidosis is definitely nothing to mess around with. And isnt it pretty unusual someone in there twenties thirties would come down with type 1, I'm pretty sure its more known to develope in children or elderly folks. That is kind of a hard one to see coming. But on another note I did notice your absence on here. I know your not really crazy about the current direction of the superbooks so I figured maybe you read some advance so licit or copy or spoilers of something about Superman Reborn of its aftermath and finally decided you'd had enough! But hey, I think it's actually been pretty good so far. And the Superbooks contiinue to be a standout. Anyway it's not so bad sometimes to take a vacation from technology and just chill out a little. Sometimes I spend a little too much time on CBR lol.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't know if anyone's noticed or cared but I've been MIA for about a week...had a scare where after catching the flu, I had to go to hospital after feeling VERY not well, and it turned out I was suffering from ketoacidosis, a very serious problem brought on by unchcecked (in my case, because it was completely unknown till now) type 1 diabetes. So I spent four nights and five days in the hospital getting straightened out by a great team of docs and nurses but of course with no tech outside a tv, was definitely missing my old hangouts and friends, this place chief among them. So I just wanted to say hi to everyone again, those I agree with vigorously and those I disagree with often, I missed all you guys equally and its very nice to be back.
    Glad to hear you're okay! Diabetes is scary stuff, especially ketoacidosis. Glad to have you back. Take care of yourself!

I don't know if anyone's noticed or cared but I've been MIA for about a week...had a scare where after catching the flu, I had to go to hospital after feeling VERY not well, and it turned out I was suffering from ketoacidosis, a very serious problem brought on by unchcecked (in my case, because it was completely unknown till now) type 1 diabetes. So I spent four nights and five days in the hospital getting straightened out by a great team of docs and nurses but of course with no tech outside a tv, was definitely missing my old hangouts and friends, this place chief among them. So I just wanted to say hi to everyone again, those I agree with vigorously and those I disagree with often, I missed all you guys equally and its very nice to be back.
    Welcome back!

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

So glad you're feeling better and back on the boards! That must have been quite a scare. To fill you in on what you missed, the fake Clark Kent is really Jimmy Olsen after extensive plastic surgery and acting classes with Alfred. Mr. Oz is really The Wizard of Oz, who came to the DCU via a cosmic twister. Dr. Manhattan isn't really the villain behind it all, he's just opening a specialty drink bar called Manhattan's. To round it all out, New 52 Superman and Superdad are both alive and well and soon to be married! So you really missed some big reveals!

Like everyone here, glad you're ok. I had some unknown problems revealed to me after a trip to the hospital. Having that knowledge makes all the difference. Take care man and keep up the regiment.

Damn dude, that sucks. Glad you're doing better though! You were missed!

I just figured you were busy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Welcome back! I'm glad to see that you're doing okay now!