Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi guys!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Welcome back!

Welcome back. Hope you're doing much better now.

Just before I found this post I went through the Superwoman and Action posts and very much noticed you missing. It'll sound funny but I was scrolling down to find an older post by you to see if you were just posting somewhere else on the board I know I wander off a lot. I was a little worried about you.

I'm glad you feel better, I know it sucks to have a chronic health condition. Stay positive

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Welcome back!

You've always been one of my favorite posters here. No idea you were sick. I'm glad you're better and back, Sacred.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't know if anyone's noticed or cared but I've been MIA for about a week...had a scare where after catching the flu, I had to go to hospital after feeling VERY not well, and it turned out I was suffering from ketoacidosis, a very serious problem brought on by unchcecked (in my case, because it was completely unknown till now) type 1 diabetes. So I spent four nights and five days in the hospital getting straightened out by a great team of docs and nurses but of course with no tech outside a tv, was definitely missing my old hangouts and friends, this place chief among them. So I just wanted to say hi to everyone again, those I agree with vigorously and those I disagree with often, I missed all you guys equally and its very nice to be back.
    Looked this up to see what the symptoms/side effects are. That stuff looks utterly awful man.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Glad to hear you're okay! When I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes myself, I thought it was going to be a lot worse than it was measuring food and insulin, taking shots five or so times a day-- if you take it in stride, it'll become normal for you pretty quick though. I hope you have an easy time adjusting to your new life in the exclusive Type One Diabetes Club! And glad to see you online again.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."