Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm big fan of Tim Sale's art. He hasn't always drawn like e does in TLH. His earlier works (collected in the trade Tales of the Batman: Tim Sale) is not quite as unique as his later works.

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    Nothing idiotic about an opinion.
    Not saying it is the case here but an opinion can be based on a stupid ideas thereby making the opinion stupid.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I love Tim Sale's artwork, it carries the story way better than Jeph Loeb's writing.

Edit: They work great together as a team, I don't know about you guys but I love the Marvel work they've done too. Daredevil: Yellow, Spider-Man: Blue, and Hulk: Gray are some old favorites of mine because of Sale's art.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    I love Tim Sale's artwork, it carries the story way better than Jeph Loeb's writing.

Edit: They work great together as a team, I don't know about you guys but I love the Marvel work they've done too. Daredevil: Yellow, Spider-Man: Blue, and Hulk: Gray are some old favorites of mine because of Sale's art.
    All three are good stories. In general I would say Loeb worker better when dealing with existing mythos than creating new (Hush).

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    All three are good stories. In general I would say Loeb worker better when dealing with existing mythos than creating new (Hush).
    Agreed. Loeb and Sale are one of my favorite creative teams, they seem to collaborate really well together. Hush might actually be the only Loeb story I've read without Sale's work.

Spectacular Member

Sale's art is definitely an acquired taste, but to me there is no question that it elevates Loeb's writing. Don't know if it pushes Loeb to write slightly better or distracts us from the plot holes. Honestly, as much as TLH is a fun read, it's probably a combination of A & B. Because the mystery is pretty much rubbish. But the character play and artwork makes it a bonafide classic. But yea, totally understand the art not working for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgoldman14 View Post
    Hi I'm a major batman fan, I've been for about 5 years now but I've been wanting to get this off my chest for a while now. Does anyone else think that Tim Sale's artwork In the long halloween just ruins it?
    It usually takes narcotics to get my eyes this wide.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklefist View Post
    It usually takes narcotics to get my eyes this wide.
    Hahaha yes.

Tim Sale's art is the best part of TLH, DV etc. It defines the noir-ish tone