Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Playstation 5 coming in 2018 ? WTF ?

According to this article Sony is busy working on something bigger than the PS4 Pro upgrade they revealed months ago. That console was supposedly launched to upgrade the system and extend its life span a couple more years supposedly. Microsoft itself is doing its upgrade called the Scorpio and it will add more power to the X-Box One.

Anyhow the article claims the Playstation 5 is coming in late 2018. It also will offer way more power than usual .

http://screenrant.com/playstation-5-...B-P&view=lista
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Eh, I highly doubt it, seems like business suicide after just releasing an updated console.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Good. It seems a lot of people have forgotten the normal lifespan for a console is 5-6 years. I don't want another decade of the same console like the PS3 and 360.

According to some reports this won't happen so soon. Sony still has franchise games they are launching into 2018 and beyond. There are remastering Final Fantasy VII , Final Fantasy XII , Spider-Man will be coming out as well as the next Uncharted game. It doesn't seem like something we'd see in 2018. Now if it was 2019 or 2020 , perhaps. That will be the 6-7 year window we usually see for Sony's launches of new game systems.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Sony probably would need to release a new playstation to keep up with Microsoft as the Scorpio is currently more powerful than the ps4 pro. If the playstation 5 had 10 teraflops like the rumors suggest it would blow the Scorpio out of the water.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Sony probably would need to release a new playstation to keep up with Microsoft as the Scorpio is currently more powerful than the ps4 pro. If the playstation 5 had 10 teraflops like the rumors suggest it would blow the Scorpio out of the water.
    Nobody but the techno-fetishist fringe of the gaming community gives a damn about that sort of thing. Games sell consoles, not teraflops.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Good. It seems a lot of people have forgotten the normal lifespan for a console is 5-6 years. I don't want another decade of the same console like the PS3 and 360.
    If a console continues to support great games that maintain quality and fun factor, I don't have any problems. PS1 and 360 (because I only just now got a PS3 a year ago) are two of my favorite consoles. Especially the 360/Wii/PS3 generation introducing downloadable games, ports from other consoles, and their own games. If consoles are built to last, I will play them into the ground. I haven't even bought a PS4/Xbox1/Switch for the main reason I am still playing games from last generation.

But to each his own. New systems coming out faster than I need them to isn't hurting me. Especially since PS2 era or so, backwards compatibility is a thing. Hell I haven't bought a console on release day since N64.

The Playstation 3 has some great , great games for it. I been adding a lot to my collection the last 2 years. I went from 22 or 28 games to near 100 . I get a number from flea markets , thrift shops and all cheap. Its a solid system so I can understand folks not updating yet. PS4 has some solid decent games as well. I'm slowly adding more to that one.

Fantastic Member

I at some point was going to buy an Xbox1 mostly because my kids are big Halo fans. They still play all the Halo games we have even now. But the Switch has me thinking again. I need to read up and do more research on it, but right now I am not sure which I will get. But maybe around one of their birthdays in the summer, I'll see what the game lineup on the Switch is vs the Xbox1. Or if the console prices are reasonable, I might get both by the end of the year.

I think I have probably 100 games for my 360 as well. It or the Wii is the most played system in the house, and once the Slim model came out I had no hardware issues and we've had it since a year or so after it was released.

BANNED

There is no way in hell there will be a PS5 in 2018. PS4 is doing great there is no need for an upgrade. Scorpio will flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    There is no way in hell there will be a PS5 in 2018. PS4 is doing great there is no need for an upgrade. Scorpio will flop.
    I think Scorpio will sell some units , but well...its not gonna be a huge seller. It and the PS4 Pro will extend both consoles lifetimes to at least 2019/2020.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think Scorpio will sell some units , but well...its not gonna be a huge seller. It and the PS4 Pro will extend both consoles lifetimes to at least 2019/2020.
    Yeah 2020 at least.

Scorpio is just Microsoft repeating the same damn mistake that they've been making this entire console generation, not focusing on the games, it doesn't matter how 4k your system(nevermind how limited the market is for an updated version of the same product many of them already own) is if there's nothing decent to play on it, Microsoft is releasing less than 10 exclusives this year(never mind the ones Microsoft has cancelled like Scalebound and Fable Legends), Sony is releasing over 30.
    Microsoft should just cut the xbox one brand and start new with Scorpio, because Sony has smoked them this generation having sold roughly twice as many units and basically own the market right now. They also need to really reevaluate their entire console approach because they're well on the road to join Sega as the second major Console brand to go extinct.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-11-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Scorpio is just Microsoft repeating the same damn mistake that they've been making this entire console generation, not focusing on the games, it doesn't matter how 4k your system(nevermind how limited the market is for an updated version of the same product many of them already own) is if there's nothing decent to play on it, Microsoft is releasing less than 10 exclusives this year(never mind the ones Microsoft has cancelled like Scalebound and Fable Legends), Sony is releasing over 30.
    Microsoft should just cut the xbox one brand and start new with Scorpio, because Sony has smoked them this generation having sold roughly twice as many units and basically own the market right now. They also need to really reevaluate their entire console approach because they're well on the road to join Sega as the second major Console brand to go extinct.
    Atari cries after reading things like this.