Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I think that was Earth-2 Superboy. He and Superboy Prime looked identical until Prime went off the rails. Prime was hanging out a lot with Earth-2 Superman, but this was after Earth-2 Superboy's death, I think. It's easy to read certain books without the backstory and just assume Prime is the first Superboy Earth-2 Superman met, because they spend a lot of time together and have a close relationship in some big event books. I mean, really, it could be either one- they look the same, they both hung out with the people they're pictured with, etc..
    I think you have some things mixed up. Kal L was Earth 2 Superman, who didn't really hang around with Earth 1 Superboy. Earth 2 Superman was not known as Superboy in his youth.

That picture is certainly Kal El, loosely based on

Check out the posture of Mxy. Funny enough, on another message board, that Mxy has been my avatar for the last 3 years. At first I was a little weirded out how Mahnke and Churchill now render him as a dirty old man and not somewhat adorable, but I guess it's intentional. He's like this crazy old baby with galactus powers.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    At first I was a little weirded out how Mahnke and Churchill now render him as a dirty old man and not somewhat adorable, but I guess it's intentional. He's like this crazy old baby with galactus powers.
    It's weird because, to me, he was like amazingly sympathetic. You gotta remember that he's been through all the versions of Superman and himself, and he knows how caring Clark is for even his foes. So then for Superman to apparently not save him? That broke the little guy's heart. Then he finds out that Superman had apparently outgrown, and moved on to a family that had no room for him. I really feel for the guy, and it's stories like this that make me really love the character.

I REALLY hope by the end of this Jon is calling him "uncle Mxy," and things aren't stetted with Clark finding a way to punch him in the face until he stops. I'd really love to see more of Mxy in the future.

Spectacular Member

Me too! Mxy is an all time favorite character. We need him around

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I REALLY hope by the end of this Jon is calling him "uncle Mxy," and things aren't stetted with Clark finding a way to punch him in the face until he stops.
    I think you're in luck considering that that's never happened. Even throwing a punch at him here was just to highlight how freaky this is and how desperate Clark feels, with no power to take his son back if Mxy is being serious. He's the guy swinging at something huge and breaking his hand out of frustration.

But yeah, also a bit of sympathy here. With a somewhat childlike mind, being kidnapped and tortured is likely to inform him that this is an acceptable thing to do in retaliation. It reminds me of his post crisis encounter with Lex that got him fascinated with the idea of lying.

Funny thing: CBR is just now posting about the cereal comics. Last week the best argument I had against Mxy as a suspect was appearing in one comic. I found it unlikely that he'd be used in both stories so close to each other.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think you're in luck considering that that's never happened. Even throwing a punch at him here was just to highlight how freaky this is and how desperate Clark feels, with no power to take his son back if Mxy is being serious.
    Yeah and I'm so glad Mxy shut that physical sh!t down instantly. It's gonna have to be some sort of situation where Superman and/or Jon is set up to do something super clever to trick the imp.

Though, I worry about the wild card in the form of the spoilers:
    red energy
    end of spoilers. I really hope that doesn't turn out to be some temporary power boost situation that give Clark a way to punch Mxy in the face. If they use it then I hope it's in a clever/fun way that lets Clark strike some sort of deal or play a trick.

But what I'm saying is that it never happens and that Clark isn't written as someone who thinks it will actually solve the problem. He's not going to look for a way to punch Mxy in the face, he's going to look for a way to end the nonsense. They are giving the situation high stakes, but then they're also going through the trouble of writing Mxy as a deserted kidnap escapee acting out of hurt.

Agreed

10 characters

Mighty Member

Mxy is the MOST powerful character in comics. Period. I loved this issue. I wasn't going to read it, but I'm glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yep. Because Mxyzptlk's a reality bender from the 5th dimension, very version of him--including the Golden Age version and the Superman Animated Series version--is the same being in a different form.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U0hjv5jdjl...s1600/mxy3.jpg

Don't forget from Superman V2 #50 - him even existing in the Marvel U as Impossible MAn as well LOL

Mxy is AWESOME!!!

Not since reign of the supermen have I been this excited about a weekly superman comic.
    The Superbooks are unreal right now!!!

Incredible Member

This issue reminded me of this scene

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Man, American Alien was good, but I can never, ever read that page without picturing a teary-eyed Landis slapping his hands on his keyboard and screaming "LOVE ME, GRANT! LOVE ME!"
    Buh-bye

Fantastic Member

Thought-provoking scene there, Lucas 35. Thanks to Mxy, I think I'm having an existential crisis now.

While Mxy has a history of being a frivolous villain, I still find him menacing from time to time. Sure, he's not so scary when he's in a good mood and just wants to indulge his mischievous side, but in the current story he is pissed and feels betrayed. An emotionally unstable being who has reality-bending powers worries me. Also, I must confess that Mxy's appearance has always unnerved me a bit...kind of like how I find a clown's appearance unnerving.

In any case, it will be interesting to see how Supes overcomes the hurdles put in his way. Talk about mind games. What is real, what is fake. Jon is gone, and now Lois no longer remembers her son. A double whammy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Was Dini trying to imply that there is only one Mxyzptlk in the multiverse?
    They are implying this Mxy is the only one who has ever existed. He's literally the same Mxy that showed up in the Golden Age, back in 1944. He crosses time, space, and dimension. An immortal who see's Clark and Lois as his "Superman Family", that he gets to play with when he remembers to show up to have fun.

Fantastic Member

Good issue, clears up everything nicely. Myx became Clark Kent so superman could have his idenitt back. Good old pal

Extraordinary Member

This issue was nothing short of fantastic. And I loved how Mxy said "maybe you'll have time for our old friends." I loved every second of it, especially the backup.