Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You'll have to see if Medusa's hair is really capable of harming Emma in her diamond form. Which I don't see anyone discussing yet here.
    I always wondered how strong Medusa's hair really is. DId the old handbooks back in the day ever state how much her hair can bench press?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    No that's what the complexes want to believe instead of the multiple actions that shown Medusa doesn't want mutants dead. Otherwise she would have told Storm in DOX# that she doesn't care about the mutants.
    I am not saying Medusa does not have some compassion for mutants, but go read Extraordinary X-Men #1. Until you read at least that one book you just don't have the information needed to discuss this.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So you do need clarification. The claim was that the plans had nothing to do with the cloud. The claim was that if the X-Men attacked the cloud then the Inhumans would not fight over it.
    It depends, if the X-Men told the Inhumans about the 2 weeks then they'd likely not attack them, most likely support them. If they did it without telling them anything, then they'd attack.

It was more your claim that basically we as readers knew this. My stance is that everything written in this story and leading up to it suggests that Medusa would actually have protected the cloud at all costs, and that at the least there is nothing ever shown in the books that suggests to the readers that she would ever allow the cloud to be destroyed.
    I don't think readers 100% knew... obviously we're not Ulysses.

But some believed she would and some believed she wouldn't. The ones who believed she would destroy the cloud ended up being right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    With them getting a push on TV and probably the movies further down the road? Doubt that.

Glad to hear about Medusa stepping up against Emma. Will be getting this later today.
    Yeah, but the hope is that when you're trying to give people something... they'll actually want it. Otherwise, they may not... accept it. And from what I can tell, Marvel publishing has inadvertently created a predisposed aversion to them now, basically... in a fairly large contingent of the fanbase, no less. They shouldn't be surprised though really, who in their right would ever think "forced feeding" would be received... willingly?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    It depends, if the X-Men told the Inhumans about the 2 weeks then they'd likely not attack them, most likely support them. If they did it without telling them anything, then they'd attack.
    It is a story, and as written everything suggested the Inhumans would defend the cloud. This is the setup as given to us by the writer himself. The writer then contradicting himself in the final chapter is bad writing that leaves it unclear what would have happened.

However, my statement, again, was only about the claim that the plans were not there to protect the cloud, when clearly the plans were there to protect the cloud.

All-New Member

Medusa knew the cloud was murdering and sterlizing mutants yet did nothing until the holy spirit touched her soul........ laughable bullshit

Remember that time synapase told medusa to destroy the cloud after hellion was poisoned by the holy cloud in uncanny avengers and she LAMO hell no.........good times

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You'll have to see if Medusa's hair is really capable of harming Emma in her diamond form. Which I don't see anyone discussing yet here.
    You mean the fragment of diamond

now that would be rubbing salt on open wounds Ravin Ray
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

It is a story, and as written everything suggested the Inhumans would defend the cloud. This is the setup as given to us by the writer himself. The writer then contradicting himself in the final chapter is bad writing that leaves it unclear what would have happened.

However, my statement, again, was only about the claim that the plans were not there to protect the cloud, when clearly the plans were there to protect the cloud.
    Nothing was contradicted in #6 though?

What do you think the contradiction is?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    You mean the fragment of diamond

now that would be rubbing salt on open wounds Ravin Ray
    Medusa's hair is unbreakable and paramount to super strength, we've seen it pull quinjets out of the sky.

I don't see why her hair couldn't destroy Emma's diamond form?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think readers 100% knew... obviously we're not Ulysses.

But some believed she would and some believed she wouldn't. The ones who believed she would destroy the cloud ended up being right.
    Fair enough. I am curious, and I say this as someone who appreciates storytelling as an art, what part in this story foreshadowed that?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    DId the old handbooks back in the day ever state how much her hair can bench press?
    I don't recall… but on another front, it was dumb of Psylocke to underestimate Medusa. Sword vs hair with longer reach which Medusa wielded both as a whip and as a punching glove.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    ... How incompetent does Emma look?
    How badly did this entire IvX marketing ploy make the Inhumans look?
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-08-2017 at 09:11 AM.

BANNED

Responses in bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    So you admit you knew Medusa knew the Terrigen Cloud was killing, sterilizing and causing M-Pox with the mutants. But it's only at the 11th hour, after being stalwart with "the mists are sacred + after being thoroughly rooted by Emma that Medusa suddenly sees the light and says that 1 mutant life =/= keeping the cloud.

She knew the minute Storm told her about it in DOX and worked out a truce to find a cure for M-Pox and protecting mutants from the terrigen cloud.
    They weren't protecting them. They were moving them out of the cloud's way and relocating them. Putting off the problem (the cloud), and instead moving the mutants. As if that was a solution to the problem the mutants faced.
    Relocating mutants from a cloud that poisons them is pretty much protection. Would you say relocating people from a hurricane path isn't the same as protection?

Because it's the end of the story and everything Medusa said previously doesn't matter. A lot like Cyclops and teen Cyclops being called Hitler by various characters in the MU and writers at Marvel. When it came to finally address this (IvX #5) Soule and Lemire dedicated one panel to it and moved on. Always forward with Marvel now. Doesn't matter if the new material contradicts or doesn't mesh with the previous material. Even if it's written by the same writing team.
    Oh disregard everyone the opposing side states because it may debunk theories of "The Inhumans want mutants dead"
    Or, Soule and Lemire didn't want to have two hardcore female villains for the MU going forward. Haha.
    Thank god Storm came to her senses and the end, because zapping Beast in the back was a dick move.

Considering what happened during DoX and the terms of the truce the mutants signed with the Inhumans, I don't imagine the Inhuman Royals would've been receptive to destroying the last cloud.
    They may not be fond of the idea but it doesn't mean they wouldn't do it if someone from the damn X-men told them the situation.
    Also, X-Fans know it's not the Inhumans who want the mutants dead. The real villains here are the writers and editors at Marvel.
    Really because the last few months has shown a number of X-fans really believe Inhumans wanted them dead and don't care about their situation. Also rarely have I've seen someone firmly on the X-men side blame the Marvel editors for coming up with this idiotic plot point.

Fair enough. I am curious, and I say this as someone who appreciates storytelling as an art, what part in this story foreshadowed that?
    Medusa has said various times she doesn't want more death, so the idea she'd happily let the cloud kill all the mutants doesn't mesh with that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Nothing was contradicted in #6 though?

What do you think the contradiction is?
    I just told you what the contradiction was. The premise of the story was that the Inhumans would not allow the cloud to be destroyed. The story ends with Medusa acting as if destroying the cloud is no big deal.

Also, don't change your tune, you are well on the record as believing the destruction of the cloud is the end on the Inhuman species.