Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Just finished reading this. I remember when Marvel events used to be exciting, grand and epic. This though, GOD, could Soule and Lemire not care less. AvX wasn't even this bad. What was it all for? Soule and Lemire phoned it in so hard, that one wonders why they even bothered writing this.

The only things that have changed is the Terrigen is gone, the Inhuman herd has been culled (by the Sentinels) and Emma is a villain again. While Inhumans, Mutants and mutates (Johnny) all look stupid for even having participated in this event. Medusa's 180 with #mutantlivesmatter, is unbelievably contrived and hollow. She doesn't care and has been saying on various Inhuman and X titles that she doesn't care.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 03-08-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    No I agree with my original post that someone obviously didn't read.

Her original plan was for no deaths to occur, the fact it didn't go according to plan doesn't negate the plans original intentions, as I said.
    Multiple mutant deaths, sickness and sterility isn't an inconvenience for mutants. It's more like this was another plague for mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist
    Being moved from the cloud's path, as i said, is an inconvenience.
    So it's the victims fault that the Inhumans aren't good at their 'job' of evacuating people? No Iron Fist, it was a stupid and selfish plan from the beginning.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I think that's the thing that irks me most about this ending though. I would have loved if she actually did try and keep the cloud, or at least been more reluctant. That would have fit her character and show the Inhumans are not just X-Men wannabes. Instead this just make her look hypocritical and forcibly written I find. I mean, the lines she says about how "terrigenesis is not worth even a mutant life" is complete and utter tosh given how mutants have died (It does not really matter how many mutants actually died on page, they have known for a long time that it was deadly to all mutant kind!). Its like she is purposelessly twisting the knife and having a laugh at mutants!

Random thought, now that Iso is leader of the Nuhumans, I hope Marvel announce a book which follows her and this new future for Nuhumans. I would much prefer that then something like Royals. That would be the type of book that I would actually like to see mutants and Inhumans working together in.
    I agree, I wish she'd been given a panel or two to ask Moon Girl is containment was an option or not but page real estate is a top commodity I guess?

I want a proper Nuhuman book too. Iso, Reader, Frank, Auran and Naja are absent from the current Inhumans line up and it's really sad.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I'll throw this out for anyone to reply:

Does Medusa's 180-degree turn to agree to destroy the cloud qualify as an epiphany, or a sudden clarification, like Saul to Paul in the Bible? Just your thoughts.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Can someone explain what happened to the cloud? it's completely gone and now mutants are safe or was it just pushed away and coming back eventually anyhow?
    Moon Girl's device caused a chemical chain reaction which destroyed the terrigen. That's all we're really given.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Multiple mutant deaths, sickness and sterility isn't an inconvenience for mutants. It's more like this was another plague for mutants.
    I love how I explain my point, twice and you still think baiting me with irrelevant responses will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I'll throw this out for anyone to reply:

Does Medusa's 180-degree turn to agree to destroy the cloud qualify as an epiphany, or a sudden clarification, like Saul to Paul in the Bible? Just your thoughts.
    I don't think it's a 180, just the natural conclusion to come to when she has no other options cuz they've been exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Can someone explain what happened to the cloud? it's completely gone and now mutants are safe or was it just pushed away and coming back eventually anyhow?
    TErrigan is gone, everywhere. Completely destroyed

It is why the Royals are likely heading to space
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Whelp.
    Emma Frost is destroyed. She's back to being a super villain.
    One of the last aditions to the X-Men that was more than a backgrond character, and they had to ruin her.
    Between that and the New Mutants, Gen X, NXM characters being mostly kept out of the line-ups of X-Team, the who ResurreXion stuff should instead be called Regression.

On the other side, Medusa almost redeemed herself (almost) and the upcoming Inhumans teams will feature some characters who are not from the 30+ years ago.

It hurts to say that, but you won, Marvel. Make Mine Inhumans.

Medusa getting a get out of jail free card is horrendous. She needs to pay for being the hypocrite she is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    So Medusa is a hypocrite. Not shocked by the ending.

Emma Was Right. Team X-Men. Medusa needs to Die.
    If anyone should die, it should be the diamond bitch who became what mutants feared from humanity. Or did the Inhuman-seeking Sentinels who killed a cartoon of innocencent civilians fly over your head.

Medusa is best villain of 2k17 so far. She managed to get away with her crimes and fooled everyone into letting her walk away scot free.

Oh wow, she is Cersei of GoT but with less self-awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Whelp.
    Emma Frost is destroyed. She's back to being a super villain.
    One of the last aditions to the X-Men that was more than a backgrond character, and they had to ruin her.
    Between that and the New Mutants, Gen X, NXM characters being mostly kept out of the line-ups of X-Team, the who ResurreXion stuff should instead be called Regression.

On the other side, Medusa almost redeemed herself (almost) and the upcoming Inhumans teams will feature some characters who are not from the 30+ years ago.

It hurts to say that, but you won, Marvel. Make Mine Inhumans.
    It's a shame they did this to Emma, I was really hoping she'd be leading the Generation X book and then they gave it to fucking Jubilee -_-

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Being moved from the cloud's path, as i said, is an inconvenience.
    Except the Inhumans clearly weren't able to save every mutant from dying, despite their attempts. Even All-New Inhumans established this, in the scene with Frenzy and the mutants on the raft.

If Medusa truly believed that the cloud wasn't worth one mutant dying, she wouldn't have refused to get rid of it like she did before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    1000x this. Funny that no one had really responded to this comment as they are too busy with comic partisanship. The event was shameful for all readers and all characters involved. PERIOD.
    Oh I would like to think we all blame Marvel primarily for putting out an event that pits two fandoms against one another puts both stories in a meat grinder. But the influence of what you call "partisanship" from the X-Men fanbase cannot be understated.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Well they certainly could have gone home and left the mutants to try? Medusa knew it was killing mutants. So why was she defending it? What was the whole point of I vs. X or Death of X of all the mutants had to do was come up with a way to destroy the cloud and Medusa would be more than eager to do so since not one mutant life is worth terrigensis? Why didn't she make this clear? I'm sure he x-men would have got right on a device immediately to have in her hands for testing.
    The mutants were free to go home and try. THat's in fact exactly what Emma and Forge ended up doing.

The problem essentially is that they didn't simply work with the Inhumans. Had they done that at the beginng of this event, we wouldn't have had an event. We'd just have a short little one shot of the cloud being destroyed and everyone else would call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    If anyone should die, it should be the diamond bitch who became what mutants feared from humanity. Or did the Inhuman-seeking Sentinels who killed a cartoon of innocencent civilians fly over your head.
    Medusa is the Hypocrite. Emma Was Right!!

Mutants were defending themselves. Cloud was created by Inhumans. Not complicated.